New update on Wood and other info

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...-lynch-and-wood

The first two points are things we already knew, but Nix says Wood is ahead of schedule and thy expect him to be ready for the start of the season. He says they aren't positive, however, he is ahead of schedule and working hard.

Good to hear

Quick question for everyone on the board as well regarding Wood. Rather than start a new thread, I was wondering, IF Wood is in fact ready to start the season, how much does the time off affect muscle loss and the ability to generate power in the lower body. I'm sure he has been doing lots of exercises for upper body, but not for legs. Will this hurt him a great deal?

Ok, so here's my take on the answers...

1.) We don't have a QUALITY starting QB on our roster right now.

2.) Marshawn is being shopped and will most likely be dealt

3.) We will dedicate at least 3 picks in this years draft to the O Line

:lol:

These are your takes on what answers? If you meant questions, what questions did you answer? Because they don't fit any of the questions asked by the poster. You ok?

Quick question for everyone on the board as well regarding Wood. Rather than start a new thread, I was wondering, IF Wood is in fact ready to start the season, how much does the time off affect muscle loss and the ability to generate power in the lower body. I'm sure he has been doing lots of exercises for upper body, but not for legs. Will this hurt him a great deal?

I don't think so. When you're an athlete at the professional level, it doesn't take as long to get back into form after setbacks. I'm with BillsGuyin OP with the PUP thing though...I'd expect to see him week 4, maybe even 2 or 3 if he's really that ahead of shedule. :lol:

Why does anyone think that Lynch will be traded? No one has ever speculated that he will be traded, Nix says the same thing every time he is asked. And furthermore, who wants Lynch to be traded? The guy runs hard and the only other RB on the roster is what, 29? YOU NEED TWO GOOD RB'S. We have two RB's, why would we want to mess with that?

Why does anyone think that Lynch will be traded? No one has ever speculated that he will be traded, Nix says the same thing every time he is asked. And furthermore, who wants Lynch to be traded? The guy runs hard and the only other RB on the roster is what, 29? YOU NEED TWO GOOD RB'S. We have two RB's, why would we want to mess with that?

I think it's just the whole "It's up to him" line in Chan's response. Leaves it open to interpretation. :lol:

That you R. Wilson

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...-lynch-and-wood

The first two points are things we already knew, but Nix says Wood is ahead of schedule and thy expect him to be ready for the start of the season. He says they aren't positive, however, he is ahead of schedule and working hard.

Good to hear

Great to hear...I still remember the video of the tibia/fibula snapping...

we have no idea of the work he is doing on his leg. he could be to the point of lifting weights we just dont know!

how you could make that comment on lynch's status by what Nix said is beyond me. i believe he was saying was that if he keeps his nose clean the is not going anywhere!

That echoes what Gailey said about him after the Combine, that Wood was "ahead of schedule". Good news...I still think he gets on the PUP to start the season, but I do believe he will play this year.

+1. That was a brutal injury. Makes no sense to rush this guy, we need him for years to come.

I don't know that he'll be traded, nor think it either. But Metz, we all know he's another improptu road block-check from being out a year. That he still doesn't seem to be able to spot a hole quickly -after 3 years- has more to do with Jackson starting ahead of him than discipline, IMO. He's a freakin' load! I wouldn't want to face him, but if we had to, we won't worry about any clever cutbacks..

I think it's just the whole "It's up to him" line in Chan's response. Leaves it open to interpretation. :lol:

It's up to him means it's up to Marshawn Lynch. Lynch was suspended for 4 games last year. If he has another infraction it will either be 8 games or a full season. That is what he meant.

It's up to him means it's up to Marshawn Lynch. Lynch was suspended for 4 games last year. If he has another infraction it will either be 8 games or a full season. That is what he meant.

I am wondering if he wants him here for offseason workouts

Yep.

I am wondering if he wants him here for offseason workouts

Yep.

I don't think so. When you're an athlete at the professional level, it doesn't take as long to get back into form after setbacks. I'm with BillsGuyin OP with the PUP thing though...I'd expect to see him week 4, maybe even 2 or 3 if he's really that ahead of shedule. :lol:

If he is placed on the PUP, he isn't eligible to come back until week 6.

+1. That was a brutal injury. Makes no sense to rush this guy, we need him for years to come.

Let him sit out the entire season - its not like we have a chance to win 6 games. We are going to be last in the AFCE, so let Wood heal. Hangartner can be a speed bump this season and Wood can start at C in 2011.

Actually, there are 2 PUP lists. One is Active PUP, which players can be placed on prior to the start of training camp. They can be removed anytime during training camp/pre-season. Reserve PUP is what players are placed on if they're one Active PUP and aren't ready to play, but if a team feels he may be able to play after 6 weeks.