Trade for Shaun Rodgers?

It would be a great move, IMO. We gave up a 3rd and a 5th for Stroud, so I would expect a similar deal. In fact, I think the Browns themselves gave up a 3rd and Leigh Bodden to get him.

That would allow us to use our first rounder on the best OT or QB available and use the 2nd rounder to hit on whatever position we didnt take in the 1st.

Trade for Shaun Rogers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to ESPN insider today, the Bills are 1 of 4 teams possibly exploring a trade for Shaun Rogers of Cleveland...

Would be an excellent move if he comes cheap. Gives us some insurance if we don't get what we want in the draft, and gives us some depth if we do.

This would be great but I would still try and draft a NT too. Let them sit behind Rodgers for a year.

He's only 31 I think...truth be told, you can be a fat DT/NT and be effective as a space clogger for a looooooooong time in the NFL.

See Sapp, Warren or Washington, Ted.

If the Bills end up trading for Shaun Rogers, I would think they would wait until the 5th round or later to draft a NT.

Send 'em McKelvin for Rogers, straight up.

It would be a great move, IMO. We gave up a 3rd and a 5th for Stroud, so I would expect a similar deal. In fact, I think the Browns themselves gave up a 3rd and Leigh Bodden to get him.

That would allow us to use our first rounder on the best OT or QB available and use the 2nd rounder to hit on whatever position we didnt take in the 1st.

He's only 31 I think...truth be told, you can be a fat DT/NT and be effective as a space clogger for a looooooooong time in the NFL.

See Sapp, Warren or Washington, Ted.

If the Bills end up trading for Shaun Rogers, I would think they would wait until the 5th round or later to draft a NT.

I think sapp, warren was the opposite of a space clogger.

would be a solid move but the real trouble is keeping him motivated and playing hard. when he plays hard he clogs that middle and will allow our linebackers to roam around making plays. i'd still take a def tackle in the second though and have a real nice def line.

Send 'em McKelvin for Rogers, straight up.

UHHHH....NO. That basically means you Have McGee and Florence as your Corners, Yobouty and Reggie Corner (thanks for the Jax loss last year) and no one else. You do not trade one of the best kick returners and a pretty good, could be even better corner for a 31 year old, sometimes unmotivated NT.

Trade for Shaun Rogers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to ESPN insider today, the Bills are 1 of 4 teams possibly exploring a trade for Shaun Rogers of Cleveland...

i love it. maybe 3rd and 5th, or 4th and donte

Trade for Shaun Rogers?

I'm a fan of Rogers talent but at this point I would say he's not worth a third round pick to this team. He is not the cornerstone type player that his talent indicates he should be. At his age, salary and background for disappointment I'd say he's worth a 5th at best.

I think if he were on a legitimate contender it would be easier to coax out that All Pro talent on a regular basis. From what I have seen, he plays his best in the spotlight, which he has seldom seen in Detroit and Cleveland. In Buffalo he would likely end up losing PT to higher motor guys because the Bills don't figure to get many nationally televised games so his worth is diminished, IMO.

I will say this about him though, Detroit thought they were improving their team by subtracting him from their roster and they ended up winless without him. Addition by subtraction is overrated. It also shouldn't be practiced liberally by teams like Buffalo and Detroit that can't seem to find or develop talent on a consistent basis.

Trade for Shaun Rogers?

If buddy pulls this off I'm going to start getting excited...just when I promised myself I wouldn't! With Rogers and our new DE & LB...damn that can be a good D!