Face of the Franchise

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't currently have one and I don't think we will.

They are putting together of team of midlevel players. We will most likely not have a superstar on the team. Whitner likes to talk so he is currently the mouth of the franchise, but that's about it.

Evans and Jackson are the 2 best Offensive players and the leaders on that side of the ball.

Not much going on on the defensive side as far as star power goes.

Bottom line: The face of the franchise is not yet on the team. If we take a QB in Rd1 (Clausen) or Rd2 (McCoy or Tebow) that will be the face of the future.

Maybin dude. What you did'nt see that 1/2 a tackle he had last year. After he stood around the pile he was yelling at the side lines like "I'm bad man. I'm bigger than your punter. Come on you want some me."

Who's the Fins face? Or the Jets? There are a bunch of teams that don't have a face. 90% of the time, it is a QB and we don't have an elite one yet.

I agree with your argument on the whole, but I believe Sanchez is "supposed" to be the face of the Jets. He didn't really lock it up last year though, despite the improbable playoff run. Another good year with better stats and I think he becomes that guy for the Jets.

As for the Dolphins, no one comes to mind, to me at least.

I agree with your argument on the whole, but I believe Sanchez is "supposed" to be the face of the Jets. He didn't really lock it up last year though, despite the improbable playoff run. Another good year with better stats and I think he becomes that guy for the Jets.

As for the Dolphins, no one comes to mind, to me at least.

You're right but Sanchez was worst than any QB on our roster this year.

If we take a 1st round QB (even thought I have serious doubts about both of them), they become our face.

Interesting question.

From a PR and Marketing standpoint, the Bills are pretty devoid of guys that are recognizable faces and/or personalities for the marketing department to utilize. Quite a vast difference from the glory years, that's for sure. A player who is "the face of the franchise" also is usually a player who his teammates hold in high regard.

While we have no one I would call the face of the franchise, there are some players who are respected by the other players for their leadership qualities and their willingness to speak to the media. It seems like Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Chris Kelsay (I know, everyone here hates him, but...) and Kawika Mitchell spend a lot of time being "spokespersons" for the players.

The quarterback is expected to be a factor in both of the above categories but without an entrenched starter, that is not the case right now. And last year, after the NFL insisted that Terrell Owens make himself available to the media, he would be quoted quite a bit. But he's no longer here and was probably never one of the respected leaders in the locker room.

So in answer to the original question, I would say the answer right now is nobody.

I'd be interested to hear what some of the reporters who spend some time in the locker room and around the team (Lori, John, and Tim) think about who the face of the franchise is and who the respected team leaders are.

Who's the Fins face? Or the Jets? There are a bunch of teams that don't have a face. 90% of the time, it is a QB and we don't have an elite one yet.

That would be Parcells for the Fins and Mark Sanchez for the Jets.