Listening to an iPod can kill you

That's not funny, my grandpa died from being grabbed by a giant octopus.

I'm invoking the Big Cat "Just a Joke" rule, so you're not allowed to be offended.

Sucks to be your grandpa though, doesn't it?*

(*Big Cat rule still in effect.)

If you were to make a list of "Things to be afraid of when going out for a run", I wonder how far down on the list you'll find "Getting suddenly hit by a silent airplane". Bizarre stuff.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's only a few notches up from "getting hit in the head by a meteorite from space" - seriously, what are the odds?

If the plane's engine doesn't die and go silent, this doesn't happen. If there's no oil on the windshield this doesn't happen. If the guy isn't wearing his iPod it doesn't happen. If they guy's pace is a bit faster or slower it doesn't happen. Everything had to fall in place just right.

What a tragedy - guy had a family and was probably a good guy - condolences to his family - that's just awful.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's only a few notches up from "getting hit in the head by a meteorite from space" - seriously, what are the odds?

If the plane's engine doesn't die and go silent, this doesn't happen. If there's no oil on the windshield this doesn't happen. If the guy isn't wearing his iPod it doesn't happen. If they guy's pace is a bit faster or slower it doesn't happen. Everything had to fall in place just right.

What a tragedy - guy had a family and was probably a good guy - condolences to his family - that's just awful.

It's a nice endorsement for carpe diem. Plan for the future, yes, but not too cautiously because you just never know when a stray bullet is going to fly through your window or a plane is going to fall out of the sky.

that's messed up if youre joking, cause my grandfather was a giant octopus and i dont appreciate the joke

Dude, I work for the giant octopus anti-defamation league and I find that offensive. Giant octopi have a hard enough time overcoming stereotypes without you claiming one as a family member. Next time before you post please consider the feelings of those you choose mock. :doh:

It's a nice endorsement for carpe diem. Plan for the future, yes, but not too cautiously because you just never know when a stray bullet is going to fly through your window or a plane is going to fall out of the sky.

Actually it's another ringing endorsement for not exercising. See Dean's SF buddy's thread.

If he had been a candidate to take over the Island it doesn't happen.

Dude, I work for the giant octopus anti-defamation league and I find that offensive. Giant octopi have a hard enough time overcoming stereotypes without you claiming one as a family member. Next time before you post please consider the feelings of those you choose mock. :wacko:

"Octopodes". :thumbdown: