Dwan Edwards

For those of us who aren't as familiar with Edwards, please explain the "risk"

Quick research revealed this:

He was hurt in the Preseason of 2008, and was forced to undergo season ending surgery. Dwan underwent a spinal fusion of the C3 and C4 vertabrae. The surgeon replaced one of his discs with a cadaver's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwan_Edwards

So there definitely is some risk but he jsut had the best season of his career this year. The only reason he is still on the market is probably the injury concern and contract demands.

On the plus side, he may be the only black person ever born in Montana. :wallbash:

Quick research revealed this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwan_Edwards

So there definitely is some risk but he jsut had the best season of his career this year. The only reason he is still on the market is probably the injury concern and contract demands.

On the plus side, he may be the only black person ever born in Montana. :wallbash:

Cadaver's vertebrae? So the worry is that Edwards is a Frankenstein?

2nd rd pick of Baltimore in 2004. Played pretty well before getting hurt. Came back in Week 6 last year and from all indications played pretty well. If he fits and they like him, do it. We can never have enough depth in the front 7, especially from guys who have played in the 3-4 before.

Just reporterd on Rotoworld that he left Buffalo without a contract.

Too bad. He played fine last year after the surgery and pushed himself into a starting role on the team. I can't say that I followed him, but I'd be okay with any starter from that D.

For those of us who aren't as familiar with Edwards, please explain the "risk"

Had a neck injury and sat out most of 2008. Came back in 2009, started for the Ravens and played extremely well. Great against the run.