'Bama LB McLain could be the Bills pick

not yet no, but it is a PROGRESSIVE disease, so it will only get worse over time, and if we pick him at 9, thats a big risk, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but I trust Nix to make the right call so we shall see if he is as concerned as I am.

Hunh? No, Crohn's is NOT progressive, at least not with treatment.

Just NOT true, dude.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet no, but it is a PROGRESSIVE disease, so it will only get worse over time, and if we pick him at 9, thats a big risk, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but I trust Nix to make the right call so we shall see if he is as concerned as I am.

Um, no, CROHN'S IS NOT A PROGRESSIVE DISEASE, at least not when it's treated.

Um, no, CROHN'S IS NOT A PROGRESSIVE DISEASE, at least not when it's treated. When treated correctly, it essentially goes into remission.

That's what got me thinking about our setup. 3 year starter at tackle in college. Looked okay at LT, with a whole off season to practice/learn. We signed a RT, set at one guard with Wood who will become our future center and okay at center with Hamgartner. Much easier to plug in a 2nd/3rd round guard to start or at worst a FA pickup. No QB's and No NT's really going to be available at 9. That leads us to either picking a LB or WR which are our next needed spots. Go guard in 2nd/3rd and maybe stretch for a QB or NT with the other hoping one develops quickly.

It is a 2 year minimum turnaround, so we can go NT/QB next season and sign a FA for the other.

Levitre isn't athletic enough to stop the quick guys from getting to the QB. You don't need to be all that quick at guard.

And there are tons and tons of college LTs who never make it at LT in the pros and end up at RT or guard. That's the typical path for college LTs, actually ... they play elsewhere in the NFL, by and large.

Agree I think Saffold is the real deal where I dunno about Davis/Williams. I like Brown, though.

I just saw a draft that had us taking Trent Williams, then Cody, then Jermaine Cunningham.

I'm not convinced on Saffold. I'm afraid that your draft may give us two RTs. I like the rest, though, assuming the players you say are gone are really gone.

Levitre isn't athletic enough to stop the quick guys from getting to the QB. You don't need to be all that quick at guard.

And there are tons and tons of college LTs who never make it at LT in the pros and end up at RT or guard. That's the typical path for college LTs, actually ... they play elsewhere in the NFL, by and large.

I didn't say he'd be good or great but just got to thinking what the front office maybe doing. Especially in light of no Qbs and no LT's visiting or even being talked about in FA. As far as draft who knows but I would expect the Bills to have alternatives in place if things don't work out.

You guys cannot be serious, right? :wallbash: McClain is the best ILB in this draft. No question. He's 6'4", 260lbs and lowers the boom every chance he gets. He had 105 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, and 3 INT's, not to mention he was the defensive captain that made all of the calls and adjustments on the field. He was the unquestioned leader of on of the best defenses in the nation. He also put in more hours than most studying game film and working to get better. If the top 2 OT's are gone I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Production on the field is what Buddy likes... he was down there to see him in person during the pro day, so was HC Gailey.

I think there is a good chance they pick both McClain and Cody. Call it Alabama East.

East coast sports in there mock, which is my fav, has the Bills taking McClain.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draft.html

I can not understand how someone who you would think follows football would not jump all over themselves to have McLain on their team, someone who was told they wouldn't play at Alabama until they knew the defense has not only played but started every game from day one as a true freshman, making all the D calls, lining everyone up, someone with those football smarts can not be bad for a team. Add all that with the physical tools, I'm just floored that someone thinks this guy is overrated or not worth the pick. And for anyone to say that McLain doesn't make plays they have not watched an Alabama game in 3 years, the guy is all over the field, always in the right spot and more often than not makes the play that is needed.

That's what got me thinking about our setup. 3 year starter at tackle in college. Looked okay at LT, with a whole off season to practice/learn. We signed a RT, set at one guard with Wood who will become our future center and okay at center with Hamgartner. Much easier to plug in a 2nd/3rd round guard to start or at worst a FA pickup. No QB's and No NT's really going to be available at 9. That leads us to either picking a LB or WR which are our next needed spots. Go guard in 2nd/3rd and maybe stretch for a QB or NT with the other hoping one develops quickly.

It is a 2 year minimum turnaround, so we can go NT/QB next season and sign a FA for the other.

Hate to disagree with a fellow Virginian...But. Levitre is NOT a left tackle. He was plugged in due to emergency. He required alot of help from backs and never was able to hold his blocks long enough for the QB to go down field. He is not an NFL LT that's why he plays guard. You shouldn't think so hard while driving. If you hit me I'll be pissed. There is no way we can get by this year w/o drafting significant upgrades in at least 1 if not both tackles. The cast off from the Raiders is a joke. Big mistake to be talked into thinking McClain at #9 would be OK. A LB with our first pick may be good 2 or 3 years down the road, we can pick them up in FA. You can't get at LT or NT in FA though.

Production on the field is what Buddy likes... he was down there to see him in person during the pro day, so was HC Gailey.

I think there is a good chance they pick both McClain and Cody. Call it Alabama East.

East coast sports in there mock, which is my fav, has the Bills taking McClain.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draft.html

I'm guessing they were there for Cody more than McClain...The Bills are in desperate need of a true NT...And they HAVE to get one in this Draft...Cody may not be much more...But as far as true NT Prospects he may very well be one of the best to come out in a long, long time...Assuming he can get the weight under control and improve his conditioning...Which I admit is a big assumption right now...

McClain is a very good LB Prospect, but not Top 10 LB good unless your a Team with few needs outside of ILB...And we all know that's not The Bills...He's an ILB with 4.7 speed...Granted he plays with great instincts and looks much faster on Film...But that 4.71 or 4.74 at his Pro Day certainly did nothing to help him...I could be wrong, but I just don't see McClain being the target at #9 Overall...In a Trade down possibly...But not at #9...Like I said I could be wrong...

The Bills obviously do not want to take Cody at #9 Overall...But I would be shocked if he lasts till #41...Just too much upside and too many 3-4 Teams nowadays...So a Trade down from #9 or a Trade up from #41 will be necessary to grab Cody IMHO...It's just my gut, but I think The Bills LOVE Cody and realize they will have to move around a bit to secure him...I think there is a good chance that outside of Bradford, Suh, and Okung The Bills covet Cody more than any other Player in this entire Draft...And if for some reason they are unable to move back a bit, they will consider taking him at #9 Overall, ESPECIALLY if he continues to shed the extra lbs...

And if that does not cause enough controversy, after they take Cody high, I think they'll Draft Tebow at #41...Now THAT would be interesting... :pirate:

Too many guys from the Big Tenleven in the front of that draft for us. I would like that Angerer pick though.

I couldnt agree more, big ten players bust in the NFL, Especially the big three Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan players. Sure some end up being good but I would bet on a higher percentage fail. They seem to be slow and system players.

I'm guessing they were there for Cody more than McClain...The Bills are in desperate need of a true NT...And they HAVE to get one in this Draft...Cody may not be much more...But as far as true NT Prospects he may very well be one of the best to come out in a long, long time...Assuming he can get the weight under control and improve his conditioning...Which I admit is a big assumption right now...

McClain is a very good LB Prospect, but not Top 10 LB good unless your a Team with few needs outside of ILB...And we all know that's not The Bills...He's an ILB with 4.7 speed...Granted he plays with great instincts and looks much faster on Film...But that 4.71 or 4.74 at his Pro Day certainly did nothing to help him...I could be wrong, but I just don't see McClain being the target at #9 Overall...In a Trade down possibly...But not at #9...Like I said I could be wrong...

The Bills obviously do not want to take Cody at #9 Overall...But I would be shocked if he lasts till #41...Just too much upside and too many 3-4 Teams nowadays...So a Trade down from #9 or a Trade up from #41 will be necessary to grab Cody IMHO...It's just my gut, but I think The Bills LOVE Cody and realize they will have to move around a bit to secure him...I think there is a good chance that outside of Bradford, Suh, and Okung The Bills covet Cody more than any other Player in this entire Draft...And if for some reason they are unable to move back a bit, they will consider taking him at #9 Overall, ESPECIALLY if he continues to shed the extra lbs...

And if that does not cause enough controversy, after they take Cody high, I think they'll Draft Tebow at #41...Now THAT would be interesting... :pirate:

Maybe your right, they were there for Cody more so than McClain...

No way than taken him at 9... Cody that is.

But I still think they can get both McClain and Cody. I bet McClain was on the wish list as well.

I would like to see them go OT then get Cody, then get Tebow in the 3rd round.

That would be an excellent draft if they went OT first.

I agree. My guess is Buffalo trades down and selects Cody with their first pick- especially if Williams and Okung are gone

Um, no, CROHN'S IS NOT A PROGRESSIVE DISEASE, at least not when it's treated. When treated correctly, it essentially goes into remission.

so a disease that "may lead to life threatening complications" is not progressive, hmmmm.

I am well aware that if treated it can essentially go into remission, however, there is no guarantee of that either, and since there is no cure for it, and it affects the immune system as well, I'll pass on mcclain

chron's

I would be happy with this draft. I think there is a bigger probability that we take an OLB in the first two rounds than people think.

Now I'm wondering with our recent signing. But He's 31. With NT, LT, and QB's gone, you make this pick--or McClain...

I keep hearing that Levitre cannot play LT, because he has the short arms and doesn't have the ideal "range" if you will to be an NFL LT. That being said, I will tell you to a man, that Levitre looked far more effective this past season when he was at LT than when he was a guard. At guard, I recall many a time when he was pushed into the backfield and planted squarely on his rump roast. But, when he was at LT, he seemed to lock it down for the most part.

I dont remember Levitre ever playing LT. But then again I don't remember Marv Levy being a very good game coach and he's in the HOF so I'm probably wrong again.