Andra Davis

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He gouged Mcgahee's eye, he's okay in my book! I hop he will do this to Tom Brady!

Yikes. I am surprised I have never seen that before. Seems like it would have gotten more press.

How long was Davis suspended for?

Yeah, looks like the kind of high character guy that made the Bills a great team at one time.

Would really like this. He's in the 250 range, so it might mean a move outside for poz or mitchell. But still, would be a good stop gap for a couple years (he's 31). i like having a guy that size especially in jumbo situations, but he would be useless against a back like shonn greene if he gets to the outside. as much as I'm not an ellison fan, his speed would be necessary if our LB corps is Davis, Mitchell and Poz. At some point you need an LB that can cover a RB or TE in the flat and Ellison is best suited for this. I think most Bills fans would be OK with this.

Davis is a high-character, competitive player who brings excellent leadership. He is smart player who gets his teammates aligned and is quick to read the play, but his body often doesn't react and respond as quickly as his mind. He is a fearless player and never hesitates to insert versus the run or lay into a receiver coming across the middle. However, Davis isn't agile, quick or fast enough to make enough impact plays and upper-tier, pass-catching running backs and tight ends are more than he can handle. He also has marginal size when taking on centers or guards in the run game and can be engulfed. He is too slow to shed and has average overall take-on power, especially as the game goes on because he is an older player with stamina concerns.

you need to stock up on ILB's in a 3-4 so this would be a great signing, plus i could see mitchell getting bumped out to OLB at times seeing that he's a decent pass rusher and poz is better in coverage.

That said Andra Davis is a beast, get it done

you need to stock up on ILB's in a 3-4 so this would be a great signing, plus i could see mitchell getting bumped out to OLB at times seeing that he's a decent pass rusher and poz is better in coverage.

Agreed. Unfortunately for us, Poz has to play inside under a 3-4 since he lacks any real pass rushing skills. Mitchell though does have a bit more speed and could stick with TEs. To be honest, I'm excited to see what Maybin can do at the other OLB spot if we can actually round out the other 3 positions to the best of our ability.

Hopefully not Like Ellison does! That would be painful to watch.

PS Why was he let go in Cle? I thought I saw a thread saying he was released... anyone know why?

Not sure why Cleveland released him, but being released by Denver was a pretty big surprise it seems considering how good the 2009 season was for him.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35821873/ns/...ts-player_news/

Yikes. I am surprised I have never seen that before. Seems like it would have gotten more press.

How long was Davis suspended for?

Yeah, looks like the kind of high character guy that made the Bills a great team at one time.

Look again. He plainly couldn't see what he was doing. Davis's head was buried in an OL's chest. He just reached out and grabbed on.