Selection Sunday

bills44

For the first time since the day after the Bona game, I checked out syracuse.com - 90% of the comments are complaining about the Duke seeding, the NCAA hates us, etc...........A few people are telling them to quit whining and get a grip.........I don't know if this is an online thing or if SU fans really feel this paranoid........I really wish I had not been on syracuse.com after the Bona game. It's given me a bad taste for a school and city I really used liked a lot. (As I look at my SU diploma and SU 2010 calendar)

It's an online thing, people on Syracuse.com will B word about anything and everything. They're worse than most of the Bills fans here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke beat a total of 2 tournament teams outside of NC: Gonzaga and Clemson - a 10 and a 7. And their best home win was Maryland. How that even remotely compares with WVU much less Cuse is a joke and just makes me hate Duke more.

As mentioned Cuse got a nice draw so maybe it's nitpicking or whatever. Then again people here go out of their way to get their panties in a wad when Mortenson says anything slightly unflattering about a crappy football organization in his chat.

Duke beat a total of 2 tournament teams outside of NC:

While I'm not going to defend Duke, or suggest they don't get special consideration...

I find your distinction above fairly meaningless. North Carolina has a lot of good hoop. Beating good teams from NC should count to Duke's credit as much as beating teams from other states.

Kansas got absolutely screwed, IMO. They are supposedly the #1 overall seed in the tournament and they get stuck with a very strong #2 in Ohio St., the best 3 seed in Georgetown, a Michigan St. team that easily could've been a 3 or 4 seed, and the only two teams that beat them during the regular season, Tennessee and Oklahoma State. Throw in upstart teams like Maryland and Georgia Tech and this is easily the most difficult region, IMO. The Jayhawks can't be happy with this draw. Duke's region is a joke.

God forbid any Kansas fan critique the job done by the Selection Committee! :)

While I'm not going to defend Duke, or suggest they don't get special consideration...

I find your distinction above fairly meaningless. North Carolina has a lot of good hoop. Beating good teams from NC should count to Duke's credit as much as beating teams from other states.

I think that BuffOrange was referring to the fact that Duke has only won 2 games against tourney teams that were not played in NC.

Yah, there aren't any other good teams in NC this year. I suppose I didn't need to add that qualifier since their resume is still incredibly weak relative to a #1 seed when you don't exclude a neutral win vs. Ga Tech (who they lost to on the road).

I love this thread! All the fun in selection sunday rests on "whining"/debating over various things.

Who's going to Buffalo? I'm thinking of driving up (from Pittsburgh) on Sunday for round 2.

seriously...

I'm going to the games. Can't wait.

It's an online thing, people on Syracuse.com will B word about anything and everything. They're worse than most of the Bills fans here.

Good, thanks for clarifying that. Now, I can go to the games and get behind painting the town Orange this weekend!

Duke beat a total of 2 tournament teams outside of NC: Gonzaga and Clemson - a 10 and a 7. And their best home win was Maryland. How that even remotely compares with WVU much less Cuse is a joke and just makes me hate Duke more.

As mentioned Cuse got a nice draw so maybe it's nitpicking or whatever. Then again people here go out of their way to get their panties in a wad when Mortenson says anything slightly unflattering about a crappy football organization in his chat.

Gonzaga is an 8 and was a top 25 team (even top 10) for most of the year. It was their worst loss and a good win for Duke.

And I'm going to the games and I'm a bit Cuse fan but I'm worried about the Zags in the 2nd round. They have more size than you think, shooters who can get hot, and AO might be a big loss.

Gonzaga is an 8 and was a top 25 team (even top 10) for most of the year. It was their worst loss and a good win for Duke.

Of course it's a good win. When it's 1 of your very best wins and you have 5 losses you're not a 1seed.

Cuse beating Notre Dame on the road by double figures is a good win too, but it's not one of their best 2 or 3 wins.

Everything I'm reading about FSU makes me think that they can beat Gonzaga and could be a nasty match-up for Cuse; sounds like FSU has really gritty, good defense--kind of like Pitt and L-Ville...

Gonzaga is alwasy a major dissapointment to me in the tourney. I have to stop taking them into my sweet 16, they alwasy lose :)

my team ETSU is playing Kentucky on thursday at 7:15 in New Orleans. Last year we drew Pittsburgh (another 1 seed) and gave them a hell of a game. Gave Cincinnatti a good game and lost to Wake Forest by one in recent tournaments. I'm not too hopeful as our team is mostly freshmen and sophomores, but hey...I'd love to be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 seed.

The ETSU women are going to the dance again this year too....We are looking forward to a better seed for them so we'll have to watch the show tonite for the women's game.

my team ETSU is playing Kentucky on thursday at 7:15 in New Orleans. Last year we drew Pittsburgh (another 1 seed) and gave them a hell of a game. Gave Cincinnatti a good game and lost to Wake Forest by one in recent tournaments. I'm not too hopeful as our team is mostly freshmen and sophomores, but hey...I'd love to be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 seed.

The ETSU women are going to the dance again this year too....We are looking forward to a better seed for them so we'll have to watch the show tonite for the women's game.

Gonzaga is alwasy a major dissapointment to me in the tourney. I have to stop taking them into my sweet 16, they alwasy lose :)

They've been in the Sweet 16 5 out of the last 11 years! For a mid-major, that is ridiculous. I wonder how many other teams have done that.

They've been in the Sweet 16 5 out of the last 11 years! For a mid-major, that is ridiculous. I wonder how many other teams have done that.

Just because they come from a "mid-major" conference doesn't mean anyone should see Gonzaga in that light anymore. Mark Few consistently recruits big time talent and should not be included in discussions about "mid-majors" IMO. Gonzaga has been a consensus top-25 team in the nation for much of the last decade.

I should have said past the sweet 16... Every year i think this is the year, and every year i am just like crap crap crap face....

BTW Adam Morrison had the best facial hair of any player.....EVER!!!