Selection Sunday

bills44

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell did Duke get the 3rd #1 seed over SU?

SU lost in the opening round of the tournament. I'm happy with the number #1 in the west. Hopefully they can get up to full strength and make a good run.

I'd like to hear the Selection Committee's explanation.

I guess the entire body of work is secondary to the conference tourneys, this year.

The tourney has to count for something. Their entire body of work still got them a #1 seed.

What is the difference - they are a number one seed........Glad to see them and Gonzaga come to Buffalo.......I turned it on late, so I don't know if they announced the other pod coming here.

I really want my heart to be with SU this week - I went to grad school there and had season tickets when I did, plus have other ties.......but their fans have really been bothering me. Whining when picked as a number one seed falls right in line with that.

Syracuse heads Buffalo NCAA field

By Rodney McKissic

News Sports Reporter

Updated: March 14, 2010, 6:41 pm / 1 comment

Published: March 14, 2010, 6:33 pm

Syracuse University, the No. 1 seed in the West Region, headlines a solid field of first- and second-round matchups at HSBC Arena in the NCAA Tournament.

Games are set for Friday and Sunday.

The Orange (28-4) will play No. 16 seed Vermont (25-9) while No. 8 Gonzaga (26-6) plays No. 9 Florida State (22-9).

In the East Region, No. 2 West Virginia plays No. 15 Morgan State, while No. 7 Clemson plays No. 15 Missouri.

Her is the entire Buffalo draw. Can't wait for the games.

I really want my heart to be with SU this week - I went to grad school there and had season tickets when I did, plus have other ties.......but their fans have really been bothering me. Whining when picked as a number one seed falls right in line with that.

if you can provide a legitimate justification for Duke being the 3rd overall #1 seed, I'm all ears.

How many have you heard whine other than the OP of this thread? Come one, a couple voices doesn't make a majority, just look at the Bills side of this message board for example. If that's how you feel, you should hate the Bills because of their fans too.

SU fans are happy has hell.

How many have you heard whine other than the OP of this thread? Come one, a couple voices doesn't make a majority, just look at the Bills side of this message board for example. If that's how you feel, you should hate the Bills because of their fans too.

SU fans are happy has hell.

I'm a Bona grad, and went to the Bona-SU game (my two supposed alma maters). Bona is where my heart is, but I did become an Orange fan when I went there.........The whole thing that happened at that game in December, with people who never saw the play, calling Nicholson a thug for supposedly hitting Rautins in the sack just turned me off. The people behind me are shouting kick him out, and I asked them what happened, and they said they didn't see it........The next day, the SU boards were making my blood boil, and they depicted Nicholson, who chose Bona for academics and is a great kid, as a thug.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do want to root for SU. I'll be going to the games........But, the first thing I see is somebody complaining about the draw when they are the number one seed. WTF - how many games do you have to win before that even becomes the slightest factor. They lose their last two games, and I have to off the bat, see a complaint about which number one seed they should be?!?

if you can provide a legitimate justification for Duke being the 3rd overall #1 seed, I'm all ears.

None exists. Duke scrapes by and wins the ACC tourney in a crappy conference. Frankly, I'm more stunned that WVU didn't get that #1 over Duke.

But I disagree with you; I think the west is the best draw for us. K-State as the #2? Pitt obviously is a problem for us--but they might be ripe for an early upset. The one team I'm worried about is Gonzaga; does anyone have a scouting report on them?

None exists. Duke scrapes by and wins the ACC tourney in a crappy conference. Frankly, I'm more stunned that WVU didn't get that #1 over Duke.

But I disagree with you; I think the west is the best draw for us. K-State as the #2? Pitt obviously is a problem for us--but they might be ripe for an early upset. The one team I'm worried about is Gonzaga; does anyone have a scouting report on them?

Exactly. WVU should've been a #1 over Duke.

Apparently, Boeheim has said that Onuaku is unlikely to play this weekend. With Triche contributing little to nothing, the 2nd round game - be it Gonzaga or FSU - scares me.

Matt Bouldin is a nice player, as are Elias Harris and Steven Gray. Sacre is a big space eater in the middle. They can shoot the rock.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do want to root for SU. I'll be going to the games........But, the first thing I see is somebody complaining about the draw when they are the number one seed. WTF - how many games do you have to win before that even becomes the slightest factor. They lose their last two games, and I have to off the bat, see a complaint about which number one seed they should be?!?

Like I said, if you can provide a legitimate justification for Duke being seeded over either SU or West Virgina, I'd love to hear it.

In any case, it's no big deal - just don't root for SU if their fanbase is so bothersome.

Like I said, if you can provide a legitimate justification for Duke being seeded over either SU or West Virgina, I'd love to hear it.

In any case, it's no big deal - just don't root for SU if their fanbase is so bothersome.

If you represent the fan base, which is what I fear, then I will............You think I'm going to break things down of Duke vs. SU. I didn't even know people cared about which number one seed they were until now......I have no idea who is more deserving. What I do think is that it's incredibly whiny to complain about such an incredibly minor "slight.".........This afternoon, espn.com's main article wondered if SU had played their way out of a number one seed. Now, they are one, and this is the first post I see.

Kegtapr - tell me this isn't the sentiment of SU fans, in general