Vikings sign Jimmy Kennedy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the money the FO could have offered was better. The chance to play for a title next year, or the year after that probably was the difference.

And that is the state of your Buffalo Bills. Can't even get a middle to low tier FA to come. And to think we had hopes of Cowher, Shanahan, Wilfork, Dansby....

What a joke...

When Ralph Wilson said he was going to build through the draft, I think he meant it. If we do not sign anyone else in free agency and there probably is a good chance of that happening, it makes sense now to trade down to acquire more draft picks.

Thought it was a sure thing...after all we did have a Chris Brown 1-on-1 with him...

Since when do we interview players that we are high on?

VP of Communications Herr Berchtold probably set the thing up. That guy has a reverse Midas touch, but at this point it's standard for the Bills to screw up.

The joke is posts like this. Suddenly Kennedy is worth the money now that he signed elsewhere.

If we had given him that contract, the posts would have been "What a joke - we bring in a 1st round bust and call it an answer at DT"

I agree. I get tired of all of the 'woe is us' posters on here. If we're such a joke, go find another team to support!

When Ralph Wilson said he was going to build through the draft, I think he meant it. If we do not sign anyone else in free agency and there probably is a good chance of that happening, it makes sense now to trade down to acquire more draft picks.

I agree about the trading down part, but the primary motivator won't be to acquire more picks. It's to get out of paying top 10 crazy money. This team is in firesale mode.

The joke is posts like this. Suddenly Kennedy is worth the money now that he signed elsewhere.

If we had given him that contract, the posts would have been "What a joke - we bring in a 1st round bust and call it an answer at DT"

And three years from now Jimmy Kennedy would be one of the main reasons given as to why Doug Whaley should be fired.

Kennedy wanted a chance to win, get paid and not move his family. Pretty simple, and he probably got more than Buffalo was offering.

How does this team intend to acquire picks? They've got nothing anyone wants in trade, unless Lil' Donte fetches a 6th or 7th. Who else on this team do they have the depth to trade? Getting rid of Lynch means they've gotta find a backup.

Perhaps they could trade someone out of the secondary, as that's the only place Dick Levy could build.

At some point, fans need to admit to themselves that not signing free agents they bring in means something is wrong.

I think you misunderstand me BillsVet......

Not signing these guys is DEFINATELY a sign that something is wrong......if we dont grossly overpay they wont come and quite honestly Jimmy frickin Kennedy wasnt worth that.......

Just so I am clear on what I am saying......the damage is done with the rep of this team.....but as a fan you can either get past it, learn not to care about it, or hope that the bills will learn the error of their ways.

I think signing the front office people we have was a good start.....but they have a huge obsticle of past rep to get around....and it isn't happening this year. The ONLY way to make positives steps at this point is to draft well.....REALLY well.

If they're mediocre then why are you complaining?

If they can't attract low-end free agents, who can they attract? UDFA's? When players like Jimmy Kennedy eschew a possible starting position in order to remain with their old team as a backup, what does that say?

It's not Kennedy, Wade Smith, or individual players with a problem. It's the franchise itself.

That is what the Vikings were willing to pay for a BACKUP. For years this team's biggest problem has been an unwillingness to pay for depth. Ralph is a cheap mercurial dipschiitt and I can't believe anyone still argues that the right approach is to sit on the sidelines during free agency.

I agree. I get tired of all of the 'woe is us' posters on here. If we're such a joke, go find another team to support!

You are focusing your energy in the wrong direction. It's not the fans fault that the Bills are a joke. If you can't take a joke, YOU should find another team to support.

That is what the Vikings were willing to pay for a BACKUP. For years this team's biggest problem has been an unwillingness to pay for depth. Ralph is a cheap mercurial dipschiitt and I can't believe anyone still argues that the right approach is to sit on the sidelines during free agency.

How did the last decade of overpaying for mid to low tier UFAs pay off for the Bills? Signing Robert Royal, Larry Tripplett, Derrick Dockery, Langston Walker, Chris Villarial, Tutan Reyes, Bennie Anderson, Jeff Posey, Trey Teague, and Melvin Fowler accomplished what exactly for the Bills? With over 200 players who would gave been UFAs this year being forced to be RFAs instead sitting on the sidelines is definitely the right approach this season.

I think you misunderstand me BillsVet......

Not signing these guys is DEFINATELY a sign that something is wrong......if we dont grossly overpay they wont come and quite honestly Jimmy frickin Kennedy wasnt worth that.......

Just so I am clear on what I am saying......the damage is done with the rep of this team.....but as a fan you can either get past it, learn not to care about it, or hope that the bills will learn the error of their ways.

I think signing the front office people we have was a good start.....but they have a huge obsticle of past rep to get around....and it isn't happening this year. The ONLY way to make positives steps at this point is to draft well.....REALLY well.

The reputation was earned over many years by the owner's misguided decisions. He made the situation worse by hiring Levy as GM and following that up with making Brandon quasi-GM in 2008. Those moves were widely panned, but for a guy like Ralph who has hired non-football people for GM's, it's not a big deal.

Now, RW freely admits to the world in the Nix presser that he and Brandon didn't personally know anyone to interview on their list. Yes, the damage is done, and it's insurmountable.

For the Bills to get back to respectability, they need to win-NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week, but this season. But too many blind squirrels on TBD think just drafting well will erase the other problems you've talked about. Unfortunately, it will not.