Kudos to Nix and Whaley

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

Well said!

Ha, it's almost as if the adults are running organization and not Internet Morons

status quo at sucking. Kudos!

So who should we have signed already? Instead of just whining and bitching like a malnourished school girl, tell us who all is out there you would have signed to drastically help this team.

Agreed. My only concern is the lack of any exploration whatsoever. (Of course, who knows what actually may be going on behind the scenes.) Maybe they are waiting until the circus level atmosphere tones down, and decent but low key vets can be added for reasonable offers.

I really think that this new front office with Nix, Modrak (unburdened by Jauron and his goons), and Gailey (with his college connections and supporting staff) believes that they can work this year's draft. That's why I do not expect them to be trading away draft picks for RFAs. I hope they are right.

The #1 complaint during the season was lack of depth for the O-Line.

We've brought in 2 depth O-Linemen over the last 72 hours.

People are NOW complaining about those players.

The one thing that has driven me crazy over the last few years is how the Bills have had no depth behind their O-Line starters. If Wade Smith and Cornell Green are signed as our first lines of defenses in case of injury, we've already taken a step forward.

Hopefully the Bills continue to research this with guys like Levi Jones and Adam Terry also available and then sign the best of them.

Agreed. My only concern is the lack of any exploration whatsoever. (Of course, who knows what actually may be going on behind the scenes.) Maybe they are waiting until the circus level atmosphere tones down, and decent but low key vets can be added for reasonable offers.

I really think that this new front office with Nix, Modrak (unburdened by Jauron and his goons), and Gailey (with his college connections and supporting staff) believes that they can work this year's draft. That's why I do not expect them to be trading away draft picks for RFAs. I hope they are right.

You answered your own question. They dont' feel anyone in the initial rounds of FA is worth the money they will be paid (and honestly none of them have been) and they are going to wait for mid tier guys that fit our system and will take realistic paychecks.

BTW the Carolina Panthers and other teams are doing the same, so its not just the Bills playing the wait and see game. This FA crop really isn't that good due to the uncapped rules.

The #1 complaint during the season was lack of depth for the O-Line.

We've brought in 2 depth O-Linemen over the last 72 hours.

People are NOW complaining about those players.

The one thing that has driven me crazy over the last few years is how the Bills have had no depth behind their O-Line starters. If Wade Smith and Cornell Green are signed as our first lines of defenses in case of injury, we've already taken a step forward.

Hopefully the Bills continue to research this with guys like Levi Jones and Adam Terry also available and then sign the best of them.

Here is the knock on Jones, he is a backup, but he and his camp have it in their heads he is a starter and he wants top starter money.

So who should we have signed already? Instead of just whining and bitching like a malnourished school girl, tell us who all is out there you would have signed to drastically help this team.

the only moves I see the Bills make are letting go Ingoneto, Denney, Wendley, Josh Reed, TO. That is what is pissing me off about our inactivity. We have so many holes, and now we are creating more. Go ahead and rant that those 5 suck. But they need to be replaced. Who is going to replace them? Plus the need at DE, NT, QB. OLB, LT, RT....and the upgrades at other positions. We are going to have a joke of a 53 man roster. You can only do so much through a draft. And you can only do so much in 3 drafts. How are we improved? This is a team that lost to Cleveland minus the 5 I mentioned and perhaps minus Schobel. I would not be praising the front office. Show me

Boldin-God knows we dont need another viable option to throw too.

Dansby-Led his team in tackles 3 strait years, ye he sucks

See also:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...=109177&hl=

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...=109134&hl=

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t=0&start=0

We get it.

One can only imagine what your dry cleaning bill will be after draft day.

the only moves I see the Bills make are letting go Ingoneto, Denney, Wendley, Josh Reed, TO. That is what is pissing me off about our inactivity. We have so many holes, and now we are creating more. Go ahead and rant that those 5 suck. But they need to be replaced. Who is going to replace them? Plus the need at DE, NT, QB. OLB, LT, RT....and the upgrades at other positions. We are going to have a joke of a 53 man roster. You can only do so much through a draft. And you can only do so much in 3 drafts. How are we improved? This is a team that lost to Cleveland minus the 5 I mentioned and perhaps minus Schobel. I would not be praising the front office. Show me

+1

I'm not saying your wrong...But Peppers, Dansby, Vanden Bosch, and Kampman were never coming here regardless...Dansby and Peppers were looking for Contenders and a LOT of cash...The other 2 are 4-3 DE's...So I'm not sure those are the proper names for your argument...

I'm not sure what is right or wrong at this point...We are at the start of the offseason with Free Agency barely underway and The Draft over a Month off...It's WAY to early to determine anything...But I'll agree in a way...The fact that the Bills have not signed anyone from this bunch of UFA's means absolutely nothing about their success or failure in 2010 and beyond... :wallbash:

Boldin maybe worth 2 draft picks to a contender, but not to a rebuilding team. TO helped a lot, eh?

Dansby is serviceable but so was Fletcher and most here couldn't wait for him to hit the road. not signing him does not mean we are not trying, and it does not mean we are going cheap. It means the FO and coaches didn't like him enough. That's it.

Bolden is oft injured and isn't worth the money he is after. Dansby is a good ILB, not great, Good and again not worth the money. BTW EVERY team has a guy that 'led the team in tackes' and more often than not its the ILB so that stat is worthless.