Will Eric Wood walk again?

1B4IDie

I have Googled, I have Binged. I have looked on ESPN, CBS, FOXSports, BuffaloBills.com, Yahoo Sports and I can't find a recent update on Eric Wood.

I'm not a doctor but when someone's leg turns into silly putty before everyone's eyes that looks like more than a year type injury. '

Not just the bones but all the ligaments had to get damaged, then they have to be rebuilt, then they have to be strengthened to support over 300 pounds of dude that pushes back another 300 pound dude.

So again I'm not a doctor but I'm not feeling optimistic that he'll be there for training camp.

Does anyone have any updates, and if you do can you add the links (if thats allowed.)

I have Googled, I have Binged. I have looked on ESPN, CBS, FOXSports, BuffaloBills.com, Yahoo Sports and I can't find a recent update on Eric Wood.

I'm not a doctor but when someone's leg turns into silly putty before everyone's eyes that looks like more than a year type injury. '

Not just the bones but all the ligaments had to get damaged, then they have to be rebuilt, then they have to be strengthened to support over 300 pounds of dude that pushes back another 300 pound dude.

So again I'm not a doctor but I'm not feeling optimistic that he'll be there for training camp.

Does anyone have any updates, and if you do can you add the links (if thats allowed.)

Chris Brown wrote this in February...

When he can come back is very much up in the air. It won’t be soon, but Wood has a goal in mind.

“I have a lot of time before training camp which is my goal to be back by, so I’m not pushing it too hard,” he said. “I’d love to be back for OTAs, but I think everyone has seen the YouTube video of my leg, so I don’t know how realistic that is. We’ll see. Hopefully I’ll be back by training camp and I’ll be back at St. John Fisher and everything will be running smoothly. But if not, sometimes you have to be worried about yourself even though you’re a part of the ultimate team game.”

He was walking with a boot on a month ago and was rehabbing in Buffalo for the last two months. Even better, Chan Gailey told the media that Wood is actually "ahead of schedule".

I'm not sure if he's going to be 100% this year, but he will play. BTW, if he does manage to come back before training camp his legend will only grow in Buffalo.

None of us have any idea. Looking at the injury, it's hard to fathom he'll be back this year. He has such a ton of upside and a great football mentality. I hope the kid gets all the rest he needs and can come back on his schedule. I think he'll be worth the wait.

He was walking with a boot on a month ago and was rehabbing in Buffalo for the last two months. Even better, Chan Gailey told the media that Wood is actually "ahead of schedule".

I'm not sure if he's going to be 100% this year, but he will play. BTW, if he does manage to come back before training camp his legend will only grow in Buffalo.

If they hold him out during the preseason, they could still start him in Sept. at 90% health . That would be very impressive if he mad it back for the opener.

But I doubt it.

Keep him on the PUP list till week 6 then think about it. He isnt going to help us with the SB this year anyways, just let him heal properly.

That would be the smart thing to do . If the Bills are like 2-4 and going nowhere fast I would not rush him back.

Who said his ligaments were damaged? Ligaments hold bones together at the joint, not in the middle of the bone where his injury occured. Tendon damage? Possibly but probably not. The atrophy is the biggest worry. When you are in great physical shape, then you get an injury where you don't use your muscles for awhile, they get tiny and weak. This is where the real battle begins in rehab.

It all depends on the location of the break and if there was any vascular damage as a result of the break. When the surgeon repaired the leg in Jacksonville, his comment was that the surgery was successful, meaning that he was able to repair the leg without loss of bone or vascular damage. That's good news. If Gailey said his rehab was ahead of schedule, that's even better. This would seem to indicate that Eric avoided any muscle atrophy or loss of blood flow in the leg.

If his goal is to be back by the regular season, I would think he could do it.

He's a a tough, dedicated kid with a high pain tolerance, which will again work in his favor once the serious rehab starts. I hope he makes it, but they won't rush him as he's got too much upside.

Keep him on the PUP list till week 6 then think about it. He isnt going to help us with the SB this year anyways, just let him heal properly.

You sir have made a reasonable post. It likely will be pilloried very shortly with comments like he makes too much money not to play or he isn't a Buffalo guy if he can't play hurt.

You sir have made a reasonable post. It likely will be pilloried very shortly with comments like he makes too much money not to play or he isn't a Buffalo guy if he can't play hurt.

I would say he hit the hammer on the head with that post.

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2008 and broke my tibia in 3 places and fibula in 2... 7 months later I was walking in pain with a severe limp, minus crutches... I have a rod in my leg from knee to my ankle and walk just fine now.. I did not have a team of trainers to help with my recovery and I am not 23 years old.. However I am 6'-2" and 320 lbs and NO way am I able to move like I did before or run without pain.. I hope that Eric Wood can recover totally from his mishap but I sincerely doubt he will by the start of the regular season... I was also told by my surgeon to give up motorcycles because the usual treatment for a second break of the tibia is amputation...

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2008 and broke my tibia in 3 places and fibula in 2... 7 months later I was walking in pain with a severe limp, minus crutches... I have a rod in my leg from knee to my ankle and walk just fine now.. I did not have a team of trainers to help with my recovery and I am not 23 years old.. However I am 6'-2" and 320 lbs and NO way am I able to move like I did before or run without pain.. I hope that Eric Wood can recover totally from his mishap but I sincerely doubt he will by the start of the regular season... I was also told by my surgeon to give up motorcycles because the usual treatment for a second break of the tibia is amputation...

Helluva 1st post. Welcome aboard!

Best wishes for your continued recovery.