Will Eric Wood walk again?

1B4IDie

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2008 and broke my tibia in 3 places and fibula in 2... 7 months later I was walking in pain with a severe limp, minus crutches... I have a rod in my leg from knee to my ankle and walk just fine now.. I did not have a team of trainers to help with my recovery and I am not 23 years old.. However I am 6'-2" and 320 lbs and NO way am I able to move like I did before or run without pain.. I hope that Eric Wood can recover totally from his mishap but I sincerely doubt he will by the start of the regular season... I was also told by my surgeon to give up motorcycles because the usual treatment for a second break of the tibia is amputation...

Can you play Center? Rumor has it we may have some openings...

Seriously, welcome aboard!!

I would say he hit the hammer on the head with that post.

I'd say he hit the nail on the head. But that's just me.

Semantics aside, I do agree entirely with his post. Keeping him out for a few weeks to heal isn't going to be the difference between going or not going to the Super Bowl, so why rush him?

I have Googled, I have Binged. I have looked on ESPN, CBS, FOXSports, BuffaloBills.com, Yahoo Sports and I can't find a recent update on Eric Wood.

I'm not a doctor but when someone's leg turns into silly putty before everyone's eyes that looks like more than a year type injury. '

Not just the bones but all the ligaments had to get damaged, then they have to be rebuilt, then they have to be strengthened to support over 300 pounds of dude that pushes back another 300 pound dude.

So again I'm not a doctor but I'm not feeling optimistic that he'll be there for training camp.

Does anyone have any updates, and if you do can you add the links (if thats allowed.)

Theisman is walking, so I am sure Wood will be fine

I have Googled, I have Binged. I have looked on ESPN, CBS, FOXSports, BuffaloBills.com, Yahoo Sports and I can't find a recent update on Eric Wood.

I'm not a doctor but when someone's leg turns into silly putty before everyone's eyes that looks like more than a year type injury. '

Not just the bones but all the ligaments had to get damaged, then they have to be rebuilt, then they have to be strengthened to support over 300 pounds of dude that pushes back another 300 pound dude.

So again I'm not a doctor but I'm not feeling optimistic that he'll be there for training camp.

Does anyone have any updates, and if you do can you add the links (if thats allowed.)

are you f-cking serious. he broke both of his bones in his leg and you want to know if he will he will walk again.

for your information he is already walking and has been for some time.

i just cannot believe your post "will he walk again"

he should be our RG when the season opens this year and i would be shocked if he were not!

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2008 and broke my tibia in 3 places and fibula in 2... 7 months later I was walking in pain with a severe limp, minus crutches... I have a rod in my leg from knee to my ankle and walk just fine now.. I did not have a team of trainers to help with my recovery and I am not 23 years old.. However I am 6'-2" and 320 lbs and NO way am I able to move like I did before or run without pain.. I hope that Eric Wood can recover totally from his mishap but I sincerely doubt he will by the start of the regular season... I was also told by my surgeon to give up motorcycles because the usual treatment for a second break of the tibia is amputation...

how can you even attempt to compare your injury to woods?

you broke both bones in 5 places this athlete broke both bones thats it. how you can compare your injury to his is mind boggling?

secondly I'm not buying your contention that if you break your tibia twice you have to cut your leg off,no freaking way!

Do you give updates to the news media every few days when you get injured?

The doctors have had their say. They say there is every chance that he'll be ready for training camp. That's what Eric believes, and he isn't really interested in repeating the same thing every two minutes, especially when it's obvious that some of us simply won't believe it no matter what he has to say.

are you f-cking serious. he broke both of his bones in his leg and you want to know if he will he will walk again.

for your information he is already walking and has been for some time.

i just cannot believe your post "will he walk again"

he should be our RG when the season opens this year and i would be shocked if he were not!

When you read a book, do you read the title, put it down and then comment that it's a stupid book.

Read the post you ID10T. Clearly the title was meant for dramatic effect so I can get some eyeballs and answers.

Do you give updates to the news media every few days when you get injured?

The doctors have had their say. They say there is every chance that he'll be ready for training camp. That's what Eric believes, and he isn't really interested in repeating the same thing every two minutes, especially when it's obvious that some of us simply won't believe it no matter what he has to say.

Yes I want a second by second update on Woods' injury from his team of doctors, Buddy Nix, Gailey, and Wood himself.

If you read the post you would see that I couldn't find any information and I was asking for some help.

Thanks for the link In-A-Gadda-Levitre

I didn't get a chance to see the replay because I was in the kitchen when it happened, but from what everyone is saying, I have no desire at all to see it. And while this may be the coach purses on sale, fake coach purses continues to be the brand .that starts many people’s coach handbags obsession into other brands as well.And I personally don’t believe Megs should be attacked for reviewing Coach outlet as “Thomas” did.

When you read a book, do you read the title, put it down and then comment that it's a stupid book.

Read the post you ID10T. Clearly the title was meant for dramatic effect so I can get some eyeballs and answers.

I don't just read the title and then put it down.

But then, I generally assume that the person writing the title has sense enough to make it representative of the book, or at least sense enough to realize that if the title is neither representative, nor sensible and is in fact outright idiotic, that he will get bad feedback on it.

Nobody should have assumed that, though, of a person writing a headline as tasteless and obnoxious as yours.

Yes I want a second by second update on Woods' injury from his team of doctors, Buddy Nix, Gailey, and Wood himself.

If you read the post you would see that I couldn't find any information and I was asking for some help.

Thanks for the link In-A-Gadda-Levitre

Wecome to TBD, Bro :beer: There are some nasty people here with a big chip on their shoulder,as you will learn but I also wondered about Wood's status.

So I am a doctor and here's my take. He'll be back and more then able to play but it won't be early this year (if they are smart). You are correct, a fracture such as that will stretch and tear ligaments and tendons. However these can be inserted back into position and stabilized for a length of time to allow for healing. The biggest challenge will come in getting his strength and range of motion back. Again - I think Wood should be able to play again, however I don't believe this is something they should rush and we should prepare to play the year without him, to be frank. The kid has the makings of a a great career interior lineman along with Levitre. We may be best served getting a guy like Mawae for a year and moving hangartner back to Guard or something along those lines.

again - if we are smart, we'll take our time on this injury and eat his contract this year knowing he has a bright and long future in buffalo along with Levitre.

From reports I've heard, he suffered clean breaks to each lower leg bone and no other structural damage. If this is true, his leg bones should heal fine, barring any unforeseen setbacks, and being back by training camp is entirely realistic. He also had a rod inserted (as did Leon Washington) for added stability.

I pretty much only want to hear from Wood or a doctor. Everything else is just an opinion with no facts to support. Then people argue and call names.

Here's an idea; streamline your approach and quit wasting time. Start a thread titled "everyone is a friggin idiot", and just have everyone bash each other. This would save everyone time.

By the way you are all friggin idiots!