I know it's been less than 24 hours, but....

Virgil

I'm not going to say that I have specific people in mind, i'm just working off a concept here...

Most of the top players have either signed contracts already or scheduled visits. Multiple trades have already been executed. And as of right now, the most the Bills have done is schedule a visit with a back-up O-Lineman. Unless I'm missing something.

Here's my question. Do the Bills Brass believe that all of the players signed or traded for are not upgrades over what we have? What did we draft last year? A pass rusher that we desperately needed. Yes, when arguably the best pass rusher in the league is available, we do absolutely nothing? Same thing at LB, is Poz and Mitchell our definite answer at ILB and are they better than Dansby?

Now, I know that we have had problems in the past getting players to want to come here, but these guys are going to the Bears and Dolphins. We have the money and the need, so what am I missing? We have so many holes to fill that the draft can't be the only solution. And even some of these guys who are 32 can still start and be a serious upgrade over what we have at OT until we can groom someone.

Reality is, most of the people signed would be upgrades over what we have and many of them fill holes. I can only assume we didn't try to even talk to them because we are the same cheap team as always. Seriously, what are we holding out for? is Bolden worse than Evans? Is Clifton not good enough to start for us?

Listen, I'm not usually a quick response person and I do believe that the draft is the ultimate way to build a team. But there are guys out there that can help, and help now. They can make an impact. End result, the fact that we have had our team affiliated with only one name so far, makes me think things have not really changed much at all.

No free agents this year. Strickly a draft year for us 3-5 year building plan. Draft for a couple years then add some free agents.

we're gonna sign 2-3 guys for sure. Probably for depth for OL, WR, LB or DL

I agree totally with your feeling here. Nix etal have admitted they can't fix all the needs in the draft...or free agency on it's own - but we need to do a little of both. What I have seen today only reinforces the feeling I have that, at current, with Ralph still captaining this ship of fools, there is NO chance this team will be a playoff contender or anything more than a sub .500 team. It's a sorry state, but it is a Bills fan's reality....

I agree totally with your feeling here. Nix etal have admitted they can't fix all the needs in the draft...or free agency on it's own - but we need to do a little of both. What I have seen today only reinforces the feeling I have that, at current, with Ralph still captaining this ship of fools, there is NO chance this team will be a playoff contender or anything more than a sub .500 team. It's a sorry state, but it is a Bills fan's reality....

Right on I am affraid

Not to mention were in a very tough division with teams that are serious contenders. These teams put winning a priority over profitability. If you put a winner on the field the team will be profitable Ralph. Signing some big name like TO to put fans in the seats is the wrong way to go about it. It's going to take a couple of seasons of despare to get going in the right direction. I don't see Belichek, Ryan or Saprono going anywhere for a long time. We can either lay down and take a beating or get off our ass and do some kicking.

we won't win a division game the next few years until/if we improve drastically. We are in a competitive league where every team is competitive except ours- and every team in our division is improving, except ours- and our front office is ok with that

I will give the new regime the benefit of the doubt but it beginning to smell like the same old Bills.

When I hear things like we are going to use free agency for adding depth that tells me they are satisfied with present starters.

I'm surprized rumors havn't surfaced about Marshawn being traded to San Diego. San Diego has a fullback on the roster and thats about it.

I've heard rumors about Lynch to SD but that was a couple weeks ago- I figured that there was a disagreement on what Lynch was worth.

I think that sooner or later the Bills sign 3-4 guys, no huge names, but guys who will fill holes nonetheless. Most likely at OG/OT, LB or WR. After a dull first day though it's anyone's call at what happens next.

In the end though, the draft is where the majority of our holes will most likely be filled. I have faith that Nix gets a couple of big impact players this year that come in and contribute immediately as opposed to over-hyped FA signings.

I'm not going to say that I have specific people in mind, i'm just working off a concept here...

Most of the top players have either signed contracts already or scheduled visits. Multiple trades have already been executed. And as of right now, the most the Bills have done is schedule a visit with a back-up O-Lineman. Unless I'm missing something.

Here's my question. Do the Bills Brass believe that all of the players signed or traded for are not upgrades over what we have? What did we draft last year? A pass rusher that we desperately needed. Yes, when arguably the best pass rusher in the league is available, we do absolutely nothing? Same thing at LB, is Poz and Mitchell our definite answer at ILB and are they better than Dansby?

Now, I know that we have had problems in the past getting players to want to come here, but these guys are going to the Bears and Dolphins. We have the money and the need, so what am I missing? We have so many holes to fill that the draft can't be the only solution. And even some of these guys who are 32 can still start and be a serious upgrade over what we have at OT until we can groom someone.

Reality is, most of the people signed would be upgrades over what we have and many of them fill holes. I can only assume we didn't try to even talk to them because we are the same cheap team as always. Seriously, what are we holding out for? is Bolden worse than Evans? Is Clifton not good enough to start for us?

Listen, I'm not usually a quick response person and I do believe that the draft is the ultimate way to build a team. But there are guys out there that can help, and help now. They can make an impact. End result, the fact that we have had our team affiliated with only one name so far, makes me think things have not really changed much at all.

Where would you rather live and play football...Chicago/Miami or Buffalo?

We had ZERO chance at Peppers and/or Dansby. ZERO!

Thngs are bad. Players are not coming unless we overpay,(just look at what the Lions had to due,those contracts were crazy ),and they are not coming because of the city or theweather they are not coming because we are not very good. My guess is we sign some depth players but the real work will have to come from the draft. If Buddy can put together a couple of good draft and players see that there is a chance to win then they will come. Next year, whenever it comes should be a very good year for free agents . Lets hope enough progress has been made to entice some pieces to help the rebuild .

Where would you rather live and play football...Chicago/Miami or Buffalo?

We had ZERO chance at Peppers and/or Dansby. ZERO!

Green Bay pulls good free agents. If we were a winning franchise players would want to play here. But we are a pathetic organization- so no one wants to play here. Like the LA Raiders

The idea of rebuilding is crap to me. Call it an exception and not the rule, but look at the Jets. They traded up to get their qb, signed the lb they needed to lead their team, and made it to the afc championship game. In today's NFL, you get the right scheme, right fire, right mix and you can make the jump fairly quickly. You can't tell me that a quality coach and a good mix of the FA's that were available and a good draft wouldn't make us contenders. Even if it blows up in your face, I want to see the effort. Don't try to subdue me with a bunch of depth. Our whole team is depth. Right now, I could pry put all the players that were FA's on a team and they would beat the Bills. There is something to be said for that.

Reality of it is, Ralph needs to get fans now. To go through a full rebuilding after winning nothing for the last decade is ridiculous. If he thought we were that close when he gave DJ the extension, what happened? We have the money, there are serviceable guys out there that will immediately be upgrades, so do it.

To not, and say draft only, is just more of the same. I don't think Ralph can tell the fans, "Just stick with us for a few more losing seasons, and then hopefully the players my shaking coaches and gm brought in will be good. If not, then we'll try again"