I know it's been less than 24 hours, but....

Virgil

The idea of rebuilding is crap to me. Call it an exception and not the rule, but look at the Jets. They traded up to get their qb, signed the lb they needed to lead their team, and made it to the afc championship game. In today's NFL, you get the right scheme, right fire, right mix and you can make the jump fairly quickly. You can't tell me that a quality coach and a good mix of the FA's that were available and a good draft wouldn't make us contenders. Even if it blows up in your face, I want to see the effort. Don't try to subdue me with a bunch of depth. Our whole team is depth. Right now, I could pry put all the players that were FA's on a team and they would beat the Bills. There is something to be said for that.

Reality of it is, Ralph needs to get fans now. To go through a full rebuilding after winning nothing for the last decade is ridiculous. If he thought we were that close when he gave DJ the extension, what happened? We have the money, there are serviceable guys out there that will immediately be upgrades, so do it.

To not, and say draft only, is just more of the same. I don't think Ralph can tell the fans, "Just stick with us for a few more losing seasons, and then hopefully the players my shaking coaches and gm brought in will be good. If not, then we'll try again"

you can't force players to come here . Rebuilding doesn't have to take forever but in this instance it is not happening in one offseason .

If you don't add free agents to the mix, then the best that we can hope for is a turnaround in year three of the new administration (if even then). This assumes that the Bills have spectacular drafts in each of the next couple of drafts, which will be difficult to accomplish.

Unfortunately, the Jets are an example of how a team can be reconstituted into a winning team. They added Jenkins and Edwards in trades and also added some strong free agents, including Faneca, Woody and Scott. They have had a mixed record in the draft (Gholston and Robertson are terrible and Revis, Mangold and Harris are exceptional), but by signing key free agents and making trades, they have been able to overcome their draft misses.

If you don't add free agents to the mix, then the best that we can hope for is a turnaround in year three of the new administration (if even then). This assumes that the Bills have spectacular drafts in each of the next couple of drafts, which will be difficult to accomplish.

Unfortunately, the Jets are an example of how a team can be reconstituted into a winning team. They added Jenkins and Edwards in trades and also added some strong free agents, including Faneca, Woody and Scott. They have had a mixed record in the draft (Gholston and Robertson are terrible and Revis, Mangold and Harris are exceptional), but by signing key free agents and making trades, they have been able to overcome their draft misses.

the jets rebuild was a gradually thing. They made the playoffs under mangini one year and almost every year under herm.

The idea of rebuilding is crap to me. Call it an exception and not the rule, but look at the Jets. They traded up to get their qb, signed the lb they needed to lead their team, and made it to the afc championship game. In today's NFL, you get the right scheme, right fire, right mix and you can make the jump fairly quickly. You can't tell me that a quality coach and a good mix of the FA's that were available and a good draft wouldn't make us contenders. Even if it blows up in your face, I want to see the effort. Don't try to subdue me with a bunch of depth. Our whole team is depth. Right now, I could pry put all the players that were FA's on a team and they would beat the Bills. There is something to be said for that.

Reality of it is, Ralph needs to get fans now. To go through a full rebuilding after winning nothing for the last decade is ridiculous. If he thought we were that close when he gave DJ the extension, what happened? We have the money, there are serviceable guys out there that will immediately be upgrades, so do it.

To not, and say draft only, is just more of the same. I don't think Ralph can tell the fans, "Just stick with us for a few more losing seasons, and then hopefully the players my shaking coaches and gm brought in will be good. If not, then we'll try again"

If the Bill's goal was to make the playoffs, we would have had at least one whiff in the last decade.

No, the goal is to sell tickets and pacify the majority of staunch fans. The gimmick last year was TO and this year it is a coach with a different name.

I don't think Ralph can tell the fans, "Just stick with us for a few more losing seasons, and then hopefully the players my shaking coaches and gm brought in will be good. If not, then we'll try again"

What makes you think the Bills FO gives a **** about the fans or what they think. The core "bleed red and blue" and will buy the tickets no matter what. Look at last year, 9 years of **** and no moves to make anything any better except for signing TO to get a little media attention and they sell the most season tickets in their history. Whatever they do or don't do, they aren't worried about ticket sales.

I like the Bills approach to this offseason.. the players are not worth it. They are all old and washed up. This is a terrible group of unrestricted free agents

Bad as they might be - a good number of them could start for the Bills. If bullets started flying tomorrow - you have the likes of James Hardy, Demetrius Bell and...who Aaron Maybin starting...not to mention Eillison. These guys are really better than what is out there? C'mon - if you want to compete - you bring in guys to compete on the field...find the right chemistry and combinations. The Bills are headed into a gun fight armed with a fungo bat and a squirt gun...