Dansby 5 year deal w/ fins.

NewEra

ugh

Dolphins | Dansby's deal worth $43 million

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:03:00 -0800

Updating a previous item, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Miami Dolphins reached an agreement with free-agent LB Karlos Dansby (Cardinals) on a five-year, $43 million deal. The contract includes $22 million in guarantees.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#631049#ixzz0hM2M1IXg

Awesome. The Bills continue to fall further behind, if that's at all possible.

Call me cyncial, but a team with as many needs as this one can't expect to turn around its fortunes based entirely on the upcoming draft when they have more holes than they do picks. Not mention that even some starters that are serviceable are truly backups on most teams.

I had until March 9th to secure my discount on my seasons, and I half expect the team to use that date and the free agent bstart date of today to show some movement to entice people to renew. Not so much.

Yeah, yeah, it's about 24 hours in but this team has some scrubby OL coming in and that's it. Hardly progress.

I understand Nix's philiosophy in regards to building through the draft. That's ok to a point, but when teams in your division(that are already better then you) are making moves to continue to get better, and all you do is sit around and watch Gailey get scrubs off his old awful teams, you need to change your philosophy.

I understand Nix's philiosophy in regards to building through the draft. That's ok to a point, but when teams in your division(that are already better then you) are making moves to continue to get better, and all you do is sit around and watch Gailey get scrubs off his old awful teams, you need to change your philosophy.

its days one of FA

Dansby is NOT worth that kind of money. NO WAY

its days one of FA

I understand, and I'm not that upset about it. But Dansby is a real good football player. I would just like to see the Bills be a little more creative then just taking guys linked to Gailey.

I would just like to see the Bills be a little more creative then just taking guys linked to Gailey.

This mentality makes me laugh. How do you know who they are or aren't talking to? Did you know that Nix was talking to Chan Gailey before his signing made the news?

The Jets traded for Cromartie. Now they have 2 shut down corners. If Sanchez has another decent season the Jets should be right back into the playoffs. The Dolphins had a wicked hard schedule last season and are sure to have a better record this year. The Pats, well Tom Brady, Bill Belicheat. Enough said. We are in the toughest division in the NFL. Teams in our division are getting even better. We need to be patient and trust Nix and Gailey to build this thing right. It's going to take a few years and maybe the other teams slide a bit. I'm willing to be patient and build through the draft. I just hope Ralph has winning in the best interest of the team and trying to be a cheap skate by putting profit ahead of wins out of his mind.

Awesome. The Bills continue to fall further behind, if that's at all possible.

Call me cyncial, but a team with as many needs as this one can't expect to turn around its fortunes based entirely on the upcoming draft when they have more holes than they do picks. Not mention that even some starters that are serviceable are truly backups on most teams.

I had until March 9th to secure my discount on my seasons, and I half expect the team to use that date and the free agent bstart date of today to show some movement to entice people to renew. Not so much.

Yeah, yeah, it's about 24 hours in but this team has some scrubby OL coming in and that's it. Hardly progress.

very good player but not great...OVERPAID

its days one of FA

No one in free agency is worth that kind of money. And on Day 1, plenty of decent players were overpaid and on new teams. Meanwhile, the team that's been overwhelmingly underwhelming thus far in the 2010 offseason watches their division foes improve.

Building through the draft is nice, and every team says this. But the best way to improve quickly is with a well placed free agent. Draft picks, especially after the first round, rarely contribute in their first year. Needless to say, Buffalo will again be relying on a bunch of rookies.

The Jets traded for Cromartie. Now they have 2 shut down corners. If Sanchez has another decent season the Jets should be right back into the playoffs. The Dolphins had a wicked hard schedule last season and are sure to have a better record this year. The Pats, well Tom Brady, Bill Belicheat. Enough said. We are in the toughest division in the NFL. Teams in our division are getting even better. We need to be patient and trust Nix and Gailey to build this thing right. It's going to take a few years and maybe the other teams slide a bit. I'm willing to be patient and build through the draft. I just hope Ralph has winning in the best interest of the team and trying to be a cheap skate by putting profit ahead of wins out of his mind.

If Jones doesn't re-sign with the Jets, it's a huge loss for their offense. And Cromartie has been underachieving since 2007. Trading Dansby for Porter is no better than a wash. And the Patriots have a lot of holes now. The Bills need to fill some holes, but I'm not going to freak-out because they haven't overpaid to sign someone within the first 24-hours of FA.

Exactly. Dansby is a NAME and why he got it I don't know. He is an ILB that doesn't rush the passer. The Fins way overpaid for this guy.

Gotta agree. Dansby is a good player, but they overpaid. That's what usually happens in free agency. Teams get into a frenzy that they have to sign a big name just to make a move and end up over paying. See Washington Redskins/Haynsworth. Every year the Redskins go out and win the free agency race, but every year they still suck.

I understand, and I'm not that upset about it. But Dansby is a real good football player. I would just like to see the Bills be a little more creative then just taking guys linked to Gailey.

its day one...you obviously don't understand