Bills will seriously suck in 2010!!

Nix has said himself that he cannot fix the holes that the team has currently in one year.

That's how the Colts built up their team. They were fortunate to get a guy by name of P. Manning the year after they tanked it. SD did the same and got P. Rivers to help turn their fortunes around.

Would you say having the league's worst running defense is hole?

I don't buy the tank theory. The last thing I want my team to do is tank a game. Play to win EVERY SUNDAY (or monday or thursday or satruday).

That's what the Colts had and they made it to the SB. Every team has holes.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, you may be wrong or right, but I don't care. You are just the latest of a long string of newbies who think no one has ever said what you just said. If you had a history here and people knew you and knew you actually have something to offer, I might pay attention to what you have to say.

PTR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

HTFH

What I am worried about is finding 53 NFL caliber people to fill out the roster. I mean really, we have half of a team right now, and only 7 0r 8 draft picks. If we dont sign any FAs, who the heck is going to be on the team?

Based on a quick search it looks like below are the '10-'11 opponenets. With the current team, I'd guess 4-12 to 6-10 with and a total sweep from division foes. A solution at QB and the tackles/center would really be nice.

Home:

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Away:

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Kansas City

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

Oh Lord looks like 1 win out of the home games and 1 win out of the away games and can u say we will be in

Top 3 for sure come draft day or the # 1 spot ! :wallbash: Oakland looks so much better :wallbash:

Hate to be the one to pile on but the Bills will suck in 2011 and 2012 as well. Not based on any wisdomy for sight or anything. Just because they are the Bills. No management. No coaching=Suckage indefinitely. Or until they hire a real staff.

New Defense we don't have the personell to play, potentially even worse OL (with retirements/injuries), TO's 6 TDs, while not huge, still made up over 1/4 of our offensive TDs...not to mention everyone on Offense learning a new system.

If Schobel retires and maybin continues flopping, its very very easy to see how we'd get markedly worse

yea Schobel's loss would set us back. But I don't think we are that bad on Defense. I like Williams, Poz, Stroud, Kelsay , Scott, Wilson, Byrd we get McKelvin back. Like to see McGee in the Nickle . Florence was a surprise.

It was the offense that let us down VS the Saints, Browns, Jags, the T.O. Jets game. Special Teams maybe cost us 2 games.

We had 4 winnable games lost due to lack of Offense. There's 10 -6 right there.

So if the ish don't work, change it, which is WAAAY overdue on Offense, defensively I don't believe the 3-4 is rocket science so they will learn it during the OTA's.

reddog, I'm not saying that the Bills won't try to win with what they end up with on the roster for 2010. What I'm saying is that they're not going to go all out to fill every roster spot by signing a bunch of proven FAs to fill the spots that they can't fill through the draft.

They will likely start one of the three QBs on the roster, which means they won't be any better at that all-important position than they were last year.

They won't be upgrading that position this year not because they don't want to, but because they have far too many other holes to fill.

reddog, I'm not saying that the Bills won't try to win with what they end up with on the roster for 2010. What I'm saying is that they're not going to go all out to fill every roster spot by signing a bunch of proven FAs to fill the spots that they can't fill through the draft.

They will likely start one of the three QBs on the roster, which means they won't be any better at that all-important position than they were last year.

They won't be upgrading that position this year not because they don't want to, but because they have far too many other holes to fill.

Good point but if you dont have 10,000 posts, it doesnt matter what you say on here

yup, that and the bandwagon fallacy (argumentum ad populum) are favorites here. You could direct a course on logical fallacies using a few posters here as textbook examples. Negativism is rarely popular even if based on strong premises but from your reply, I'll wager you can hold your own in an argument.

LOL, Did anyone actually expect to turn this team around in 1 off season. This team will be competitive again by 2013, so don't hold your breathe. And thats if this new management team makes the necessary moves to get it there.

Face it Bills fans, there's just no way that the firm of Nix, Gailey, and Whaley can fix what ails the team all in one year. It's apparent to me that they're not even going to try.

It really sucks to be a Bills fan right now. The writing is on the wall.

Not really sure if they aren't going to try or can't try (handcuffed by Littman and Co.) or whether it's just that no one wants to come to Buffalo and play for this dysfunctional franchise. Face it, if I was a decent 1st stringer, Buffalo would probably be the last place I would go visit (except for maybe Oakland). What they will end up with is other team's 2nd and 3rd string cast-offs, which is basically equivalent to the majority of their talent right now.

BTW, it has basically sucked to be a Bills fan for the last 10 years, why should this year be any better?

:wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:

Face it Bills fans, there's just no way that the firm of Nix, Gailey, and Whaley can fix what ails the team all in one year. It's apparent to me that they're not even going to try.

They have too many holes on the O-line (LT,RG,RT), at QB, and at WR to produce anything close to a decent offense.

Far too many square pegs for a round hole on the defensive end now that they've switched to a 3-4.

They can't get the OLs, the quality starting QB, the NT and DTs, and the LBs that they need to be competitive. Nobody wants to come to Buffalo.

I think they're going to tank it this year by signing only no name FAs that won't make much of a difference in hopes of gaining a really high draft position for year 2.

The bottom line is that the Bills simply will not have the premier players where they need them to compete with other teams. We'll have T. Thigpen or T. Edwards at QB while the Pats will have T. Brady. There's just no comparison there.

Expecting Gailey to win with what he will have will be next to impossible.

The Bills are going to have to build their team through the draft for the most part (just like the Sabres have). They should be looking to stockpile draft picks and trade down when possible to obtain more picks. Then and only then will they have some leverage to obtain the quality players that they need to be competitive and to actually win.

It does have the feel for 2001 all over again.....

yea Schobel's loss would set us back. But I don't think we are that bad on Defense. I like Williams, Poz, Stroud, Kelsay , Scott, Wilson, Byrd we get McKelvin back. Like to see McGee in the Nickle . Florence was a surprise.

It was the offense that let us down VS the Saints, Browns, Jags, the T.O. Jets game. Special Teams maybe cost us 2 games.

We had 4 winnable games lost due to lack of Offense. There's 10 -6 right there.

So if the ish don't work, change it, which is WAAAY overdue on Offense, defensively I don't believe the 3-4 is rocket science so they will learn it during the OTA's.

Our defense couldn't stop ANYONE from running hte ball down our throats last year...our defense is not a strength

It does have the feel for 2001 all over again.....
I don't think so. Even though the 2000 team was pretty mediocre, the Bills were still relevant. And even though TD did not ultimately succeed, his arrival brought a ton of hope for the future. Ever since the day Ralph brought Marv back to be GM, the Bills have been perceived as a complete joke of an organization... and any true positives since then have been addition by subtraction (ie. Jauron, Losman). To me, this feels more like pre-draft 1985; picking a couple future HOF-er's this year sure would help. :wallbash:

Our defense couldn't stop ANYONE from running hte ball down our throats last year...our defense is not a strength

Having half your D starters on IR does not help them but our offense was worse than the D.

The Secondary i the strongest part of the team.

I agree that they probably will have a bad year recordwise but as opposed to your doom and gloom, I think that they actually will be closer to turning it around by going this direction. I will be disappointed if they go out and sign marginal players in FA just to ease the masses. Building through the draft over the next three years Will get them to the playpffs. It will give them a chance to land a franchise quarterback and add PLAYMAKERS. Give em time and have some patience. The Juron /Russ brandon era was more than just a mess. It was catastrophic. If That mess was a horse, it would be in the glue factory right now.If they can get some GOOD players who they will not have to sacrifice draft picks for...fine...if not, I say trade Marshawn, and anyone else from the old regime with trade value and accumulate as many high 1-4 draft choices as they can get their hands on!

Atleast in 2001 we were optimistic about the rookies we were developing. Plus, at that time, FA's were actually willing to come play for us. We brought in Spikes, who was a very sought after player. Now, we will never bring in a top level guy in FA and even if our first 3 picks are immediate starters, we have OT, OT, QB, DT, OLB, SS, and WR to fill. That's atleast 3 drafts and 3 years for each of those guys to develop. This is just ridiculous.

And for those who say we don't need a WR. Um, have you seen the Jets two starting CB's? Has Evans ever really beaten a dominant CB in his life? And do you expect any of our other WRs to step up and beat those guys?

Reality of it is, there were some top notch FA's out there this year and yes, we would have needed to overpay for them to come here, but we have the money. But no, we just keep putting the money away because apparently money spends just as well in the afterlife as it does here.

Thanks Ralph

They have too many holes on the O-line (LT,RG,RT), at QB, and at WR to produce anything close to a decent offense.

Far too many square pegs for a round hole on the defensive end now that they've switched to a 3-4.

They can't get the OLs, the quality starting QB, the NT and DTs, and the LBs that they need to be competitive. Nobody wants to come to Buffalo.

I think they're going to tank it this year by signing only no name FAs that won't make much of a difference in hopes of gaining a really high draft position for year 2.

The bottom line is that the Bills simply will not have the premier players where they need them to compete with other teams. We'll have T. Thigpen or T. Edwards at QB while the Pats will have T. Brady. There's just no comparison there.

Expecting Gailey to win with what he will have will be next to impossible.

The Bills are going to have to build their team through the draft for the most part (just like the Sabres have). They should be looking to stockpile draft picks and trade down when possible to obtain more picks. Then and only then will they have some leverage to obtain the quality players that they need to be competitive and to actually win.

Usually in order to get really good at somepoint you have to be really bad.