Jake Delhomme released any takers?

bkc

If I'm Buddy, I'm offering him a contract tomorrow morning.

Yeah, so he had a bad year this year. Coming into 2009 he had 115 TDs and 76 picks. Played in 3 conference championship games and 1 SB. That's the kind of cred other guys will rally around. This could be good.

Buddy, get 'er done.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm Buddy, I'm offering him a contract tomorrow morning.

Yeah, so he had a bad year this year. Coming into 2009 he had 115 TDs and 76 picks. Played in 3 conference championship games and 1 SB. That's the kind of cred other guys will rally around. This could be good.

Buddy, get 'er done.

Thanks man. Makes me feel good about the guy I love to watch. I can't get Carolina. I know Fox loves the guy. I don't know. What's the deal? The owner's kids got pushed out of the running the team (by Dad). I think that has something to do with it.

The guy's a winner. I have four of his jerseys.

I would sign him as a mentor to Brohm and have Fitz be the back up. Its a hail mary but we need to build our O-line in order to put a future QB wither its Brohm or another guy in a better position to win by having better skill position players and a better O-line.

I see he got cut, but how in the hell do they take a 12.5 million hit, in a uncapped season? How much money does a team have to spend?

They touched on it in the Charlotte Observer. A writer there thinks it's BS to cut a guy for money in an uncapped year. Some reader responded that they do save some money. He was owed a large bonus too. I don't know what to think. I hope someone jumps on him to teach Carolina a lesson.

I hope they don't go after Vick, but I think they might. He said he likes their uniforms and I must admit they are great. Best uniform in the league.

Thanks man. Makes me feel good about the guy I love to watch. I can't get Carolina. I know Fox loves the guy. I don't know. What's the deal? The owner's kids got pushed out of the running the team (by Dad). I think that has something to do with it.

The guy's a winner. I have four of his jerseys.

Easy there bro. You're starting to creep me out.

i remember when i had my first beer

:thumbsup:

Without Delhomme, the Bills don't win that Panthers game last season. Absolutely TERRIBLE performance. Just sayin'.

Just one of a few for him last year, IIRC.

Easy there bro. You're starting to creep me out.

Starting? His handle doesn't creep you out? :thumbsup:

"Jake's Flakes" sounds good to me.

sounds like dandruff to me.

of all the stop-gap qbs out there, he's got to be the worst.

imo even if we are targeting a "stop-gap" qb, it has to be someone who at least has the potential to become a long-term starter. i'm liking troy smith more and more if we don't draft someone this year

I liked Delhomme when the Panthers made a run to the postseason and the SB a couple of years back. He wouldn't be a bad option, you sign him and you let him compete for the starting position. It will be interesting to see if he will only go where he is promised the starting nod. I doubt teams will sign him outright to be their starter.

About the high number of ints he threw the last couple of years I think he tried very hard to get Steve Smith the ball hence leading to bad decisions and forcing things that weren't there.

Without Delhomme, the Bills don't win that Panthers game last season. Absolutely TERRIBLE performance. Just sayin'.

Lori, how dare you bring logic into the argument? Didn't ya know? If we sign him we are Super Bowl bound......

oh and for the Hell to the know people..... I concur :thumbsup:

"Jake's Flakes" sounds good to me.

Another washed up Pro Football Player, what is wrong with the members of this board they jump on and damn name whether it has merit or not, and whether it adds value or not AMAZING to watch LOL

Panthers bid farewell to Delhomme

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2010 10:13 PM ET

After a horrendous performance in the 2008 divisional playoffs followed by an even more horrendous performance in the 2009 season, plenty of media types were proclaiming (we won't name names -- not because we've decided not to be prickish but because we can't recall who they were, specifically) that quarterback Jake Delhomme definitely would be back.

We didn't buy it.

And we're glad we didn't.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Panthers will soon cut Delhomme.

His tenure in Carolina ends with a whimper, via a career-low passer rating of 59.4.

He'll possibly land elsewhere as a backup, maybe with the Saints, who play in his home state.

So sign the worst Quarterback in the NFL? Bills fans never cease to amaze me....