Eric Moulds

Unfortunately I can't back this up with stats, but Both had better supporting cast.

1.The RBs,QBs, and O-lines (sorry guys TE, JP, and Fitz are better than the likes of VP, Collins you want me to keep going)

He did have Bledsoe.

2.Having him on the team made Price look like a pro bowler

3.I know Reed's stats are monsterous but so are Kelly's, TT, Lofton need I go on.

The only line that was better then BUFs was Dallas.

I could go on and on but I will answer it as you bring it.

Go ahead butcher away.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to defend your stance. Eric Moulds was far more talented than Evans and Reed. He didnt have the luxury of having the same qb for over a decade. **** he barely had the same qb from year to year. I still Blame Gregg Williams for ruining his career, by refusing to kick a fg in a ot game against the Bengals and instead going in for a td in 2003, which led to Moulds tearing his groin, he was never the same after that. He was legit top #1 receiver, the likes of which we had not had since.

Unfortunately I can't back this up with stats, but Both had better supporting cast.

1.The RBs,QBs, and O-lines (sorry guys TE, JP, and Fitz are better than the likes of VP, Collins you want me to keep going)

He did have Bledsoe.

3.I know Reed's stats are monsterous but so are Kelly's, TT, Lofton need I go on.

Go ahead butcher away.

I love Moulds, but Moulds didnt make Price look like a Pro Bowler, Bledsoe did.

Lets be realistic about Moulds though...(not bashing him, just reviewing his legendary production)

He only broke 1000 yards 4 times in his 12 year career, and one of those times was barely over 1000.

He only had 80 catches or more 4 times

His TD total over 12 years is just 49 (about 4 per year)

He only amassed 7 or more TD's 3 times (the most in one year being 10)

He never had a back to back 1000 yard season

In 6 out of his 12 years he had 800 yards or less (well one was 816)

In 5 of his 12 years he had 2 TD's or less

His career yards per game is just 53.7

Only averaged more than 80 yards per game 3 times in 12 years

These stats are not to bash Moulds, because I think he was a really good WR and always a favorite of mine.

This is to show a reality check to those that put him on this pedastal like he was a perennial pro bowler, yet he was just as ineffective in games as much as Evans. Like Evans though, I think he was handicapped by terrible QB play which led to his mediocre production in most of his professional years.

Evans has been a model citizen, actually has better career numbers thus far in his career than Moulds, and has played under a way worse coaching regime with WAY worse QB's yet he is bashed constantly on here. Why does Moulds get all the excuses in the books for his mediocre and poor statistical years (which were the MAJORITY of his pro years) and Evans gets bashed despite being a model citizen?

And in regards to your comment about Moulds having worse QB's...Im sorry, but having Bledsoe for a short period alone skews this in Moulds favor as Bledsoe could probably come out of retirement today and still grossly outperform Trent and Fitz who have combined for some of the worst QB play I have seen in a long time.

Lets be realistic about Moulds though...(not bashing him, just reviewing his legendary production)

He only broke 1000 yards 4 times in his 12 year career, and one of those times was barely over 1000.

These stats are not to bash Moulds, because I think he was a really good WR and always a favorite of mine.

This is to show a reality check to those that put him on this pedastal like he was a perennial pro bowler, yet he was just as ineffective in games as much as Evans. Like Evans though, I think he was handicapped by terrible QB play which led to his mediocre production in most of his professional years.

Evans has been a model citizen, actually has better career numbers thus far in his career than Moulds, and has played under a way worse coaching regime with WAY worse QB's yet he is bashed constantly on here. Why does Moulds get all the excuses in the books for his mediocre and poor statistical years (which were the MAJORITY of his pro years) and Evans gets bashed despite being a model citizen?

And in regards to your comment about Moulds having worse QB's...Im sorry, but having Bledsoe for a short period alone skews this in Moulds favor as Bledsoe could probably come out of retirement today and still grossly outperform Trent and Fitz who have combined for some of the worst QB play I have seen in a long time.

Okay, so you proved Moulds is not better than Lee Evans, but he was way better than Andre Reed, just ask OP!!! :thumbsup:

Andre Reed:

Only broke 1000 yards 4 times in 15 years

Had only 3 seasons of 80 or more catches

Did have 87 career Tds, including 5 seasons of 7 or more

Never had back-to-back 1000 yard seasons

Had 7 seasons under 800 yards.

Career yards per game is 56.4

Averaged 80 yards per game only twice.

Other than touchdowns, the stats are not much better for Andre than they are for Moulds, and a lot of that comes from an offense that can put you in scoring position. Moulds also had two seasons over Reed's career high of 90 receptions. He played in a different era, of course, but it's not a slam dunk that Reed was better on numbers alone. He just made more plays at the right times, and played on good teams.

He did have Bledsoe.

Go ahead butcher away.

Aare you serious? Moulds would have been a star elsewhere, but...... he never went across the middle like Andre did. No comparrison. Moulds aand Evans would be an awesome combo.

I was a big Moulds fan but I think you are forgetting just how good Andre Reed was...he was one of the best run after catch receivers to ever play the game

I think that is the biggest fault in Evans game. Unless he can just run straight down the field like a track star, he never makes plays after the catch. Never jukes anyone, never breaks any tackles, he seems to catch and go down.

Ranking the best Bills receivers:

Reed (Andre not Josh)

Moulds

Butler

Evans (I hesitate to even list him because of his last two $ucka$$ years)

Chandler

Dubenion

Who did I miss?

I hear that Lofton guy wasn't too shabby.

Andre Reed:

Only broke 1000 yards 4 times in 15 years

Had only 3 seasons of 80 or more catches

Did have 87 career Tds, including 5 seasons of 7 or more

Never had back-to-back 1000 yard seasons

Had 7 seasons under 800 yards.

Career yards per game is 56.4

Averaged 80 yards per game only twice.

Other than touchdowns, the stats are not much better for Andre than they are for Moulds, and a lot of that comes from an offense that can put you in scoring position. Moulds also had two seasons over Reed's career high of 90 receptions. He played in a different era, of course, but it's not a slam dunk that Reed was better on numbers alone. He just made more plays at the right times, and played on good teams.

Stats are not the only measure. Watch the games and you see Reed was better.

Moulds better than Reed ?????

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!~!!!!!!!!!! <_<

And I absolutely loved Moulds

And you're using Stats for this argument? Yeah good one there. Well I guess you have to because it's obvious when watching the two players live which one was the Hall of Famer and which one was just pretty darn good.

Someone said it right this site has jumped the shark. :wallbash:

5% quality posts from some really good knowledgeable folks, 95% horsecrap, but hey I'm addicted so..... :P

Aare you serious? Moulds would have been a star elsewhere, but...... he never went across the middle like Andre did. No comparrison. Moulds aand Evans would be an awesome combo.

Did you just not watch a whole season of football?

Moulds and Winfield are my favorite Bills post the glory days....having said that, I think Reed was the best receiver in Bills history....Reed does not have the phsyical skills that Moulds did...very few ppl have those skills to this day...but Reed's toughness, route running, hands, ability to read coverages and get open...cannot be caught on a stat sheet.....As much as I like Lee Evans, I most certainly would not put him in their class....I honestly wouldnt put Evans much above Done Bebe

Evans is as good as a deep threat as you can find and he has pretty good hands etc....but he is almost no existant under neath and its too easy to take him out of a game

He did have Bledsoe.

Go ahead butcher away.

O hell yes he was better. Reeds helmet throw in the Super Bowl Is where I really lost alot of respect for him, it was early in the game a big 15 yarder when we had good field position, it really seemed to set the tone for the game.