Denney, Reed, Owens are done in Buffalo

Lori

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said I knew. I asked if anyone here thinks he would have signed if offered a contract.

Depends on the contract offer. I don't think a 1-year deal would have been appealing to him, and that might have been all they wanted to do, what with a lockout in 2011 being a real possibility.

What about the 49'ers?

Until we see Hardy actually play after his injury, there's no way to properly evaluate him. So it's less "giving up on him" than waiting and seeing. And Sanchez suffered a dislocated patellar tendon (for which he recently had surgery) in that Carolina game. I'll ask my buddy Mike Kaplan whether than can give a false positively appearing anterior drawer test while watching the examination on TV.

The 49ers demise began after both Garcia and (incidentally) TO left.

You ask "your boy" if you like. Or you can not disturb a busy doctor and concede this point.

The 49ers demise began after both Garcia and (incidentally) TO left.

Funny that after their time in SF, TO continued his dominance while Garcia became most noteworthy for marrying a Playboy bunny. But I accept that you've conceded this point. :unsure:

Oh and my boy Mike is never too busy for me.

Funny that after their time in SF, TO continued his dominance while Garcia became most noteworthy for marrying a Playboy bunny. But I accept that you've conceded this point. :unsure:

Well, TO didn't head off to Cleveland and Detroit---but if he did, he would have had a year like this past one with the Bills. And you no doubt would tell us all what a huge impact he had on those teams due to his "production". But it turns out he had no more impact on a crappy offense than a guy like Zach Miller.

Oh and my boy Mike is never too busy for me.

Well....you are one lucky guy---not that there's anything wrong with that..

Thanks to Josh Reed for his years of clutch catches, first downs and hard-nosed, consistent effort. He did credit to the Bills uniform he wore. I hope he lands on a winning team, and I hope we have his replacement in the wings.

Well said....I wish Josh well. Another under-utilized, under appreciated, workhorse, TEAM player who had great character, kept his mouth shut and did what was asked of him. Hopefully for him...he will have the same opportunity that Jabari Greer did after he was let go.

I will not miss Mr. "I won't catch it unless it hits my numbers" Owens.

Great news on Denney...one of the many, many overpaid Bills.

If Chris Chambers doesn't sign a new contract with KC over the next few days, it seems to me like he's a lock to come here and be our 2nd WR.

I hope we never see chambers in a Bills uniform. He is overrated by many on this board.

My brother is a huge dolphins fan and when I mention some of the posters on TSW and their desire to pick up Chambers he just laughs and says he hopes so. Ask any dolphin fan and they will all tell you the dolphinsmad a huge mistake trading away welker and not chambers instead.

Well, TO didn't head off to Cleveland and Detroit---but if he did, he would have had a year like this past one with the Bills. And you no doubt would tell us all what a huge impact he had on those teams due to his "production". But it turns out he had no more impact on a crappy offense than a guy like Zach Miller.

LOL! Even with your silly hypothetical "[if he'd gone] to Cleveland and Detroit," you're unwittingly making my point FOR me, doc. No one ever claimed that TO would throw himself the ball when he was open (like the multitude of times last year, again according to the "experts" not named "Mr. WEO"). You see, people were (unreasonably, as it turned out, and count me among them) expecting Trent to take more chances, what with Evans and TO to throw to, and to ditch the "Captain Checkdown" moniker. Didn't happen. So he was replaced by a career backup, who oddly enough also couldn't get it done and showed why he was a career backup. It's little different from Randy Moss' time in (your new BFF) Zach Miller's present stomping grounds, Oakland. To use your term, it's "team winning." And to take the example further, the Patriots haven't won a SB with Moss and Welker, but did with such luminaries as Deion Branch, David Patten, and David Givens (we'll go your route and ignore the cheating for the purposes of this exercise). But who do you think the Patriots and their fans would rather have at WR?

Well....you are one lucky guy---not that there's anything wrong with that..

If only Jeff Garcia would give you the time of day...

I'm sure some of you do this as well, but every year my father and I go down the Training Camp roster and make our own cuts.

after 6 years of proving me wrong, I can finally scratch Reed off the roster with confidence this offseason.

I dont remember another player who I've "cut" more times. Maybe Kurt Shulz.

I'm sure some of you do this as well, but every year my father and I go down the Training Camp roster and make our own cuts.

after 6 years of proving me wrong, I can finally scratch Reed off the roster with confidence this offseason.

I dont remember another player who I've "cut" more times. Maybe Kurt Shulz.

For a couple years, Reed was great at moving the chains. But his time is done.

Guest dog14787
TO just thanked the fans, the city of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson via Twitter.

Gotta hand it to Buffalo, they actually made TO boring for an entire season. The implosion never really came.

Maybe you didn't look hard enough, instead of imploding with his mouth he did it with his play and lack of loyalty to the Bills starting QB, Trent Edwards.

T.O. was like a real nasty, smelly fart in my opinion, silent but deadly.(5 million dollar fart)

I'm glad to get rid of the smell, and the same goes for his little buddy Josh Reed.

Maybe you didn't look hard enough, instead of imploding with his mouth he did it with his play and lack of loyalty to the Bills starting QB, Trent Edwards.

T.O. was like a real nasty, smelly fart in my opinion, silent but deadly.

I'm glad to get rid of the smell, and the same goes for his little buddy Josh Reed.

When does the lingering stench of Trent Edwards waft away?

Guest dog14787
When does the lingering stench of Trent Edwards waft away?

When the lingering stench of the 09 O-line,coaching staff and FO wafts away Doc. :wallbash:

For a couple years, Reed was great at moving the chains. But his time is done.

agreed, i will give credit where it is due and admit that Reed was our most consistent WR for a season or two recently.

but there was so much bad over his first 5 seasons. Ill NEVER forget the play where he tried to catch a low ball and his own knee came through his hands as he bent over and the ball bounced right off his knee for an incomplete pass.

on a real team, with a real offense, maybe he could have been something better. but his first 5 seasons were such a waste.

T.O. was like a real nasty, smelly fart in my opinion, silent but deadly.

TO came in and did EXACTLY what I hoped he would do. He used his 14 years of experience to point out what was wrong on the team since our Coaches couldnt figure it out.

He gave Trent the chance, but when it became OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE that TE just couldnt/wouldnt get the ball out and downfield, TO took a stand.

I dont blame TO for our incompetent coaches. I dont blame TO for our incompetent QB. I thank him for bringing them both to light so we could all be sure exactly what was wrong.

TO didnt fart, all he did was say "Whoever smelt it, dealt it" to our coaches and QB.

Guest dog14787
TO came in and did EXACTLY what I hoped he would do. He used his 14 years of experience to point out what was wrong on the team since our Coaches couldnt figure it out.

He gave Trent the chance, but when it became OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE that TE just couldnt/wouldnt get the ball out and downfield, TO took a stand.

I dont blame TO for our incompetent coaches. I dont blame TO for our incompetent QB. I thank him for bringing them both to light so we could all be sure exactly what was wrong.

TO didnt fart, all he did was say "Whoever smelt it, dealt it" to our coaches and QB.

Balls bouncing off his fat head, he doesn't even make an attempt to break up badly thrown balls, wouldn't budge from his route, no armed balls at times and it was so obvious even the announcers made comment.

With all due respect, we see things differently...

Balls bouncing off his fat head, he doesn't even make an attempt to break up badly thrown balls, wouldn't budge from his route, no armed balls at times and it was so obvious even the announcers made comment.

With all due respect, we see things differently...

this is nothing different than exactly what he has done over his 14 year, HoF career.

i agree that it is poor behavior from any WR, but this is nothing new with TO and should have been expected.

i dont excuse him from this behavior, but Im not surprised by it either.

I guess the trick is to have him in a HALF-WAY decent offense so those things arent such a big deal. but after 14 seasons, we knew what we were getting. and we got exactly what we paid for and signed to a contract.

i guess my only point is, for as horrible of a person/team mate as the media portrays him to be, he wasnt even close to that. TO was the least of our worries last year, and ended up only helping point out just how bad the coaching and QB play was.