I finally disagree with Nix

DarthICE

Why any fan believes anything that front office/coaches say at this point is funny. No one tips their hand at this early juncture. Well, unless you're the Bills discussing trading Willis McGahee at the 2007 combine so that Shaud Williams is your only back entering the free agency period. I guess there are exceptions.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/02/26/9709...s-on-first.html

The Bills do not seem ready to give up on Edwards, who went into last season with high hopes after going 12-11 his first two years and completing 65.5 percent of his passes in 2008. But Edwards suffered a concussion in the sixth game of last season that kept him out two weeks, then lost his job to Fitzpatrick for five games, then missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

Fitzpatrick went 5-5 for the Bills last season. Brohm was drafted in the second round by Green Bay in 2008 but couldn't make the Packers' roster last season and was signed by the Bills in November.

"There's three there that have got talent," Nix said when he took the GM job. "You've got to have some protection. It's hard to throw from laying on your back."

Lets talk about talent. Edwards...is a kitty. Weak minded, a chicken **** that is afraid to throw the ball how NFL top notch QB's throw it. Then again even if he had balls, which he doesn't, he doesn't have the arm to get it there. He 'pushes' the ball which is absolutely horrible instead of slinging it. He is, was and will always be captain check down. He is more fragile than a China doll. He has had 3 years and he absolutely sucks. Now other than a few Edwards lovers here, the Majority of fans are tired of this Bull **** and want him gone as evidenced by the rain of boos on him when he entered the NE game.

Fitz, Rams, Bungles and Bills and can't get a starting job at any of them. No one else other than Buffalo wanted to bring him in when we acquired him in free agency. He is nothing more than a career backup at best. Perry Fewell benched Edwards (shock) and let Fitz start. His performance was average at best...along with the rest of his career.

Brohm. The only reason some fans are on this guys jock is they heard his name from draft 'guru's a few years ago. The somehow think a guy who sucked in Green Bay, couldn't beat out a 7th rounder and land the 3rd QB spot on their roster is somehow suddenly going to turn into an NFL QB in Buffalo.

How can anyone believe in or actually think a QB that Marv, or Russ brandon brought in is going to be worth a damn? That right there should be a huge red sign signaling to ship all of their asses out of here.

So, it looks like Nix and Gailey are conceding the 2010 season, because the only way we are going to get a good QB in the draft is to suck so badly we are a top 2 pick next year. And that pretty much means conceding the 2011 season (if we have one) as well while he develops.

Maybe a trade for McNabb wouldn't be so bad after all :unsure:

There will not be a young QB that has any amount of success in Buffalo untill we can effectively run the football..period

Brohm. The only reason some fans are on this guys jock is they heard his name from draft 'guru's a few years ago. The somehow think a guy who sucked in Green Bay, couldn't beat out a 7th rounder and land the 3rd QB spot on their roster is somehow suddenly going to turn into an NFL QB in Buffalo.

Dude, give it a rest...you have already admited you know NOTHING about Brohm...words out of your own mouth...yet you continue to crusade on bashing him repeatedly as if he is a bum when they guy hasnt even played in the NFL yet and has only been in the league 2 years.

Man, you are like the same crappy broken record...every day, the same stuff. Not to mention, you are really whacked out in some of your other posts...

Find a new tune to cry already...

Guest dog14787
Why any fan believes anything that front office/coaches say at this point is funny. No one tips their hand at this early juncture. Well, unless you're the Bills discussing trading Willis McGahee at the 2007 combine so that Shaud Williams is your only back entering the free agency period. I guess there are exceptions.

I agree as far as tipping your hand goes, but I still don't see us bringing in a QB, via FA or the draft because we have much more glaring needs.

I sound like a broken record, but I like our group of QB's.

Yeah. I magine the average Bills fan probably has a better eye for talent than Bill Walsh.

Our QB problems probably had nothing to do with all the injuries and inexperience at OT and TE, a first year OC given the job a week before the season, a new WR that kept dropping the ball in the beginning of the year, and playing 3 of the toughest defenses twice. All that bad stuff that happened last year made our players a stronger team. We now have young O Lineman with actual game experience as starters.

I get it though. I honestly would not consider the draft a success unless we come out of it with Bradford, Claussen, McCoy, or Tebow (in that order). I think the Bills would make a real mistake if they pass on Bradford or Claussen if available. If those two were gone I would be OK with them taking an OT and trading back into the first or top of the 2nd to get one of the others. I would aslo be cool with any one of the Eagles QB's (including Vick). I would be disappointed with Campbell, Orton, or Thigpen as I think the guys we have are better prospects.

Yeah. I magine the average Bills fan probably has a better eye for talent than Bill Walsh.

This whole Bill Walsh endorsement for Trent is so played out and absurd. You do realize Bill Walsh was really high on Jim Drunkenmiller and even drafted him to be their QB of the future and he never made it past 3rd string. He also traded up to get what he called the "next Jerry Rice" in JJ Stokes who was a career journeyman WR who was nothing more than a 3rd wideout most of his career. I can go on and on with more examples of total busts he was high on...no one gets them all right.

So you can put what ever stock you want into Walsh endorsing Trent, but the fact remains, even the great Bill Walsh was wrong at times. In fact, he was probably wrong more than he was right, just like all the greats...the difference was is that he was right more than most and when he was right he was right big.

Nix said these guys have TALENT. Thier TALENT is undeniable (except I'm not a big fan of Fitz). You don't get picked in 2 or 3 without TALENT. I don't think anyone can deny that Edwards can make all the throws. Brohm was mocked in the 1st by alot of people a couple of years ago. But lots of QBs have talent. Rob Johnson had talent.

Nix didn't say we were set at QB? No. He said we have some talent.

WE HAVE NO TALENT AT OT AND NT. None!! The solution sounds simple to me.

Dude, give it a rest...you have already admited you know NOTHING about Brohm...words out of your own mouth...yet you continue to crusade on bashing him repeatedly as if he is a bum when they guy hasnt even played in the NFL yet and has only been in the league 2 years.

Man, you are like the same crappy broken record...every day, the same stuff. Not to mention, you are really whacked out in some of your other posts...

Find a new tune to cry already...

I am not giving it a rest. I have went back and watched video, and read all I could on Brohm and bottom line....he is nothing more than a 3rd stringer at best. But wait! Experts said he was good enough to unseat Aaron Rogers...oops. The guy is nothing more than a name that fans know that never lived up to the hype.

I mean if this guy was actually 2nd string in GB and pushing Rogers for the starting job and not practice squad material that can't beat out a 7th rounder for a job....THEN I would agree with you.

This whole Bill Walsh endorsement for Trent is so played out and absurd. You do realize Bill Walsh was really high on Jim Drunkenmiller and even drafted him to be their QB of the future and he never made it past 3rd string. He also traded up to get what he called the "next Jerry Rice" in JJ Stokes who was a career journeyman WR who was nothing more than a 3rd wideout most of his career. I can go on and on with more examples of total busts he was high on...no one gets them all right.

So you can put what ever stock you want into Walsh endorsing Trent, but the fact remains, even the great Bill Walsh was wrong at times. In fact, he was probably wrong more than he was right, just like all the greats...the difference was is that he was right more than most and when he was right he was right big.

Now this I can agree with. I am sick of this Bill Walsh bull ****. Hell Drunkenmiller was a better College QB and way more highly thought of than Edwards. Guess what? Drunkenmiller attempted 52 passes his entire NFL Career. 51 more than Edwards should have ever attempted.

Edwards would have been a low round pick that never would have sniffed a starting job in the NFL had he not been picked by Jauron.

Wow another thread from Ice about how we need a new Qb and our's suck.

Who'd of thunk it.

After all these years, there's been no change..... forever beating the dead horse, and still managing to take all sides of of a debate.

Please show me the Aikman in this years draft?

Well considering Aikman put up only 5298 yards in two years and had just 41 TD passes I would guess Bradford, Clausen and maybe a couple others might be the next 'Aikman'. It depends on what team they build around him AFTER they get them.

BTW the combined record for the Cowboys with Aikman his first two years was 7-19. After they built the team around the QB they ALREADY HAD, the cowboys two years later won the superbowl...against BUFFALO. Oh and did so the next year then a couple years later against Pittsburgh.

Get the QB then build around him, its the right way to do it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/02/26/9709...s-on-first.html

The Bills do not seem ready to give up on Edwards, who went into last season with high hopes after going 12-11 his first two years and completing 65.5 percent of his passes in 2008. But Edwards suffered a concussion in the sixth game of last season that kept him out two weeks, then lost his job to Fitzpatrick for five games, then missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

Fitzpatrick went 5-5 for the Bills last season. Brohm was drafted in the second round by Green Bay in 2008 but couldn't make the Packers' roster last season and was signed by the Bills in November.

"There's three there that have got talent," Nix said when he took the GM job. "You've got to have some protection. It's hard to throw from laying on your back."

Lets talk about talent. Edwards...is a kitty. Weak minded, a chicken **** that is afraid to throw the ball how NFL top notch QB's throw it. Then again even if he had balls, which he doesn't, he doesn't have the arm to get it there. He 'pushes' the ball which is absolutely horrible instead of slinging it. He is, was and will always be captain check down. He is more fragile than a China doll. He has had 3 years and he absolutely sucks. Now other than a few Edwards lovers here, the Majority of fans are tired of this Bull **** and want him gone as evidenced by the rain of boos on him when he entered the NE game.

Fitz, Rams, Bungles and Bills and can't get a starting job at any of them. No one else other than Buffalo wanted to bring him in when we acquired him in free agency. He is nothing more than a career backup at best. Perry Fewell benched Edwards (shock) and let Fitz start. His performance was average at best...along with the rest of his career.

How can anyone believe in or actually think a QB that Marv, or Russ brandon brought in is going to be worth a damn? That right there should be a huge red sign signaling to ship all of their asses out of here.

So, it looks like Nix and Gailey are conceding the 2010 season, because the only way we are going to get a good QB in the draft is to suck so badly we are a top 2 pick next year. And that pretty much means conceding the 2011 season (if we have one) as well while he develops.

Maybe a trade for McNabb wouldn't be so bad after all :rolleyes:

If they have any talent at all Gailey will make them productive just look at the QBs he has had to use in the past.

I disagree with your disagreeing with Nix. With Bradford likely being the 1st overall pick and not much else outside of prospects/projects, eschewing taking a 1st round QB and drafting one in the later rounds, to compete with the 3 they have, is the way to go.

Buffalo screwed up big time they should have hired Darth Ice to be GM.