Last year of NFL in Buffalo???????????

sharper802

With a lockout looming for 2011 I fear this is it for the Bills in Buffalo. That is not to say a non-NFL league won't put a franchise in Buffalo given the fan base. So it may not be the end of professional football in Buffalo. How is it going to feel to have Chan Gailey and Trent Edwards as the final HC and QB? To go from Saban/Kemp, Knox/Ferguson, and then to Marv/Kelly to this shat is unbearable. Billy Shaw, Joe Delamaluire, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher and we end up with the Tutan Reyes' and Derrick Dockery's this past decade. There are only a couple current players worthy of being mentioned on an all Bills team - a punter, a kicker, and maybe the second best DE in history. I just wonder how we all will approach the final games of 2010?

I was born in 1970 and went to my first game in 1979 - a preseason game against the SB champ Pittsburgh Steelers. I missed losing to the Dolphins for ten years. I stuck with them through Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. I was at Kelly's first game. I was at Biscuit's first game when Elway had to call time out after seeing him lined up on the same side as Bruce. I was on the field when the posts came down against the Jets in OT. I was there for the bitter cold 51-3 Raiders playoff game. I watched them destroy Montana while in a Chiefs uniform. I have seen them win at Pittsburgh, Detroit, Indianapolis, Seattle, KC, and a Monday night game in Cleveland. I met Al Damato at that game. I don't recall being as despondent as I am now when they went back to back 2-14. Was it youth? Or is it the undeniable fact that Buffalo is a dead town and RW will soon be as well? Who would have thought in 1984 they would play games in Toronto?

Yet at almost 40 I get team alerts text'd to my phone, waste hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket, pour over mock drafts, and discuss trade rumors with my brothers.

Ralph it doesn't have to end this way! Sell the team you selfish bastard.

With a lockout looming for 2011 I fear this is it for the Bills in Buffalo. That is not to say a non-NFL league won't put a franchise in Buffalo given the fan base. So it may not be the end of professional football in Buffalo. How is it going to feel to have Chan Gailey and Trent Edwards as the final HC and QB? To go from Saban/Kemp, Knox/Ferguson, and then to Marv/Kelly to this shat is unbearable. Billy Shaw, Joe Delamaluire, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher and we end up with the Tutan Reyes' and Derrick Dockery's this past decade. There are only a couple current players worthy of being mentioned on an all Bills team - a punter, a kicker, and maybe the second best DE in history. I just wonder how we all will approach the final games of 2010?

[/quot

Shut Up

Las Vegas Bills....has a good ring to it

Plus it would give the city a chance to tank a 3rd football team

All kidding aside...if towns like j-ville and PHX can sustain a team, so can Buffalo as long as the fans show up. Browns fans still show up in droves for f's sake. the fans can't lose hope, and if you do, then the team will rightly leave you. loyalty runs deeper than 10 years in the grand scheme of things. Look at the Saints as a prime example why not to turn your back on a team just because you're a little frustrated over recent events.

I wear the throwback #83 with pride every week of the season and in the randomly in the offseason because I love the idea of hope, That one day we will return to greatness, unlike most of the nay sayers on the board that want to take a huge dump on the franchise because they aren't getting the instant gratification they feel they deserve

Thank you Nostradamus.

Please, tell me O Great One...

What will be the next Power Ball numbers?

YOUR A DOUCHE

sorry to disappoint, but the Bills have a plan in place to keep them in Buffalo

as far as Ralph selling it, he'd be foolish to do so...a double hit on taxes

Only smart thing to do is leave the team to Mary (spouse won't have to pay an estate tax) and then she sells the team to Kelly's group..which is exactly what will happen

Are you the second coming of DarthIce?

Only smart thing to do is leave the team to Mary (spouse won't have to pay an estate tax) and then she sells the team to Kelly's group..which is exactly what will happen

I hope your scenario is correct :unsure:

I hope your scenario is correct :unsure:

the rumor came out 2 years ago that it was the way it was going down...Kelly's talked pretty confident that the Bills would stay so it makes it seem likely. The only wild card I see in the mix is how long Kelly's major backer holds onto his interest in doing this...until it happens, though...we need to keep supporting the team...if we start having blackouts, that could cause Kelly's backer to lose interest in the project

Philster, my god I hope you are right.

the rumor came out 2 years ago that it was the way it was going down...Kelly's talked pretty confident that the Bills would stay so it makes it seem likely. The only wild card I see in the mix is how long Kelly's major backer holds onto his interest in doing this...until it happens, though...we need to keep supporting the team...if we start having blackouts, that could cause Kelly's backer to lose interest in the project

I with you brother. I will always support this team. That's what we need to do. It will get better but if we give up on them we could lose them.

You've posted here 618 times and now you're trolling?

I with you brother. I will always support this team. That's what we need to do. It will get better but if we give up on them we could lose them.

That's the key right there...the Bills are a solid purchase right now with no debt because of the stadium lease and with no issues selling out regular seating. If we can do more to sell the luxury seating, it'll make the team staying in Buffalo an even more attractive investment. However, if we start to have issues selling out games and the premium seating issue gets any worse, Jim's primary backer could back out

The lockout year actually helps teams immensely. They still get their TV money, but don't have to pay any players' salaries. But nice try.

And the plan IS to leave the team to his wife Mary. Whether they'll sell it to Kelly's group or not, I don't know.