Last year of NFL in Buffalo???????????

sharper802

Las Vegas Bills....has a good ring to it

Plus it would give the city a chance to tank a 3rd football team

All kidding aside...if towns like j-ville and PHX can sustain a team, so can Buffalo as long as the fans show up. Browns fans still show up in droves for f's sake. the fans can't lose hope, and if you do, then the team will rightly leave you. loyalty runs deeper than 10 years in the grand scheme of things. Look at the Saints as a prime example why not to turn your back on a team just because you're a little frustrated over recent events.

I wear the throwback #83 with pride every week of the season and in the randomly in the offseason because I love the idea of hope, That one day we will return to greatness, unlike most of the nay sayers on the board that want to take a huge dump on the franchise because they aren't getting the instant gratification they feel they deserve

Instead of a "charging" Buffalo on the dome, they'll have a 100 dollar bill on the helmets. It'll be like having 53 Ted DiBiase's on the field! Incredible!

sorry to disappoint, but the Bills have a plan in place to keep them in Buffalo

as far as Ralph selling it, he'd be foolish to do so...a double hit on taxes

Only smart thing to do is leave the team to Mary (spouse won't have to pay an estate tax) and then she sells the team to Kelly's group..which is exactly what will happen

I have heard the same. Kelly's group has already filed and been approved by the NFL to purchase a team.

BTW, the guy that started this thread is the same that called Marv Levy the worst GM in NFL history, so you know he has just a little bit of a negative mindset.

With a lockout looming for 2011 I fear this is it for the Bills in Buffalo. That is not to say a non-NFL league won't put a franchise in Buffalo given the fan base. So it may not be the end of professional football in Buffalo. How is it going to feel to have Chan Gailey and Trent Edwards as the final HC and QB? To go from Saban/Kemp, Knox/Ferguson, and then to Marv/Kelly to this shat is unbearable. Billy Shaw, Joe Delamaluire, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher and we end up with the Tutan Reyes' and Derrick Dockery's this past decade. There are only a couple current players worthy of being mentioned on an all Bills team - a punter, a kicker, and maybe the second best DE in history. I just wonder how we all will approach the final games of 2010?

Stop the madness!

With a lockout looming for 2011 I fear this is it for the Bills in Buffalo. That is not to say a non-NFL league won't put a franchise in Buffalo given the fan base. So it may not be the end of professional football in Buffalo. How is it going to feel to have Chan Gailey and Trent Edwards as the final HC and QB? To go from Saban/Kemp, Knox/Ferguson, and then to Marv/Kelly to this shat is unbearable. Billy Shaw, Joe Delamaluire, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher and we end up with the Tutan Reyes' and Derrick Dockery's this past decade. There are only a couple current players worthy of being mentioned on an all Bills team - a punter, a kicker, and maybe the second best DE in history. I just wonder how we all will approach the final games of 2010?

MORON

less than pathetic - saying that your post is pathetic would be complimentary - do us all a favor and disgrace some other board - any other board - really just go away

*1: I was born in 1970 yadda yadda yadda . . .

*2: Was it youth? Or is it the undeniable fact that Buffalo is a dead town and RW will soon be as well?

*3: Sell the team you selfish bastard.

i have had enough of your garbage - pay attention if you are capable - i have fixed it for you

*1: I was born in 1970 . . . abortion would have been a better option . . . yadda yadda yadda

*2: Was it youth? . . . Or is it the undeniable fact that i am a jerk . . . yadda yadda yadda

*3: Stop following my team you stupid bastard.

That's the key right there...the Bills are a solid purchase right now with no debt because of the stadium lease and with no issues selling out regular seating. If we can do more to sell the luxury seating, it'll make the team staying in Buffalo an even more attractive investment. However, if we start to have issues selling out games and the premium seating issue gets any worse, Jim's primary backer could back out

The reason they have no debt is because Ralph purchased the team for $25K and the stadium was publicly financed. Whoever buys the team will have to incur a lot of debt to complete the purchase. NFL rules require a single person to own 30% of the team. That means at least $240 million plunked down, but probably much more because it is difficult to find people willing to provide $100 million for minority stakes.

Oh, and then there's the debt for the new stadium on the Rainbow Bridge. That will have to be privately financed given Niagara County's fiscal situation and will cost at least $700 millon.

This is a heavy lift. Not sure it can be done without Ralph selling some interest in the team now. Most transitions -- Modell to Biscotti; Huiezenga to Ross -- involve the new owner buying chunks of the team at a time. Ralph wants to make it as difficult as possible with a one-off estate sale that WNY cannot afford.

Showing my age, but who cares....4 quotes in response to sharper.....

Walter Brennan - "yer either fur us or yur agin us"

Or in the words of Sponge Bob and Patrick:

Sponge Bob: "Patrick, are you for me, or against me?"

Patrick: "Is this a trick question?"

I was born in 1970 and went to my first game in 1979 - a preseason game against the SB champ Pittsburgh Steelers. I missed losing to the Dolphins for ten years. I stuck with them through Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. I was at Kelly's first game. I was at Biscuit's first game when Elway had to call time out after seeing him lined up on the same side as Bruce. I was on the field when the posts came down against the Jets in OT. I was there for the bitter cold 51-3 Raiders playoff game. I watched them destroy Montana while in a Chiefs uniform. I have seen them win at Pittsburgh, Detroit, Indianapolis, Seattle, KC, and a Monday night game in Cleveland. I met Al Damato at that game. I don't recall being as despondent as I am now when they went back to back 2-14. Was it youth? Or is it the undeniable fact that Buffalo is a dead town and RW will soon be as well? Who would have thought in 1984 they would play games in Toronto?

Yet at almost 40 I get team alerts text'd to my phone, waste hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket, pour over mock drafts, and discuss trade rumors with my brothers.

Ralph it doesn't have to end this way! Sell the team you selfish bastard.

you are a loser

You sound like a loyal fan and that is great. But stop posting these silly "Bills are moving!" posts. There is no indication the Bills will move and there are several other teams that are in far more jeopardy of moving. These posts pop up every few weeks and the madness has to stop.

Nuckle dragging mouth breather.

The lockout year actually helps teams immensely. They still get their TV money, but don't have to pay any players' salaries. But nice try.

And the plan IS to leave the team to his wife Mary. Whether they'll sell it to Kelly's group or not, I don't know.

Actually, they don't. It's confirmed that if there are no games, the TV money goes back.

Actually, they don't. It's confirmed that if there are no games, the TV money goes back.

What I read is that they'll have to give the networks a credit in future years, but not during the lockout year. That's how they protect themselves monetarily, while the players don't make a single dime.

The reason they have no debt is because Ralph purchased the team for $25K and the stadium was publicly financed. Whoever buys the team will have to incur a lot of debt to complete the purchase. NFL rules require a single person to own 30% of the team. That means at least $240 million plunked down, but probably much more because it is difficult to find people willing to provide $100 million for minority stakes.

Oh, and then there's the debt for the new stadium on the Rainbow Bridge. That will have to be privately financed given Niagara County's fiscal situation and will cost at least $700 millon.

This is a heavy lift. Not sure it can be done without Ralph selling some interest in the team now. Most transitions -- Modell to Biscotti; Huiezenga to Ross -- involve the new owner buying chunks of the team at a time. Ralph wants to make it as difficult as possible with a one-off estate sale that WNY cannot afford.

Great Post Gabe. Finally, someone who has some understanding of basic finance. Kelly can have as many people as he wants. The true facts are that no matter who Kelly has lined up, they have to purchase the team in an open auction forum. In general, based on the latest valuation in Forbes, the Bills are worth between $800-$900MM. Who cares about selling out the stadium. It is a relatively small portion of the revenue base. The keys here are that the Bills cannot generate significant Luxury box revenue based on the stadium configuration, and more importantly, the sorry state of WNY's economy along with a bankrupt NY State who not only cannot give the new owner incentives, but may cost more to operate than competing municipalities. The new owner/owners are going to have to finance the purchase price which almost surely means a relocation as the debt would need to be covered with extra revenues which the new owner cannot obtain under the current situation. As far as building a new stadium, see explanations above. Sorry, but that is the reality. People need to be more realistic instead of just hoping.........

Are you are a friggen moron?

People like you seem to be hoping the Bills will leave.

Like you know anything about Saban/Kemp or Knox/Ferguson? Do you ever have a point or do you just like to whine?

If your Bills history goes back to Saban/Kemp, and I am betting it does not, then you would know that every decade has had a Tuten Reyes and Derrick Dockery in it.