LT released.

DarthICE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Fellow Bills Fans:

If I remember correctly, in Lynch's rookie season he had a great year and produced many points. We all thought he was the best running back that we've had this whole decade and all of the fans adored him not only beacuse of his personality, but becasue of his playing ability. The following year he missed a few games, and still produced the same numbers. This year, he seemed to have some troubles on and off the field, which led to him being less productive. Did everyone forget how terrible the Bills' line was? You can't blame this horrible season on any one person. It's a team effort, and if one peice of the puzzle doesn't fit in, it all starts to get out of shape. So before you start ranting and raving on Lynch, and how he is a bust who is no longer effective, please look at the bigger picture.

Conclusion: we don't need LT, we need a LEFT TACKLE + other linemen that are actually good.

Thankyou

+1

+1

I predicted this during last season with some friends... and I still think Belichick has the best chance of signing him...

Why? The Patriots' SB-contending days are over. Not to mention LT probably hates the Patriots.

Why? The Patriots' SB-contending days are over. Not to mention LT probably hates the Patriots.

I'm merely speculating on places I think he will go... and apparently I'm not the only one in this thread who thinks NE may be a top option for him. Perhaps he'll go somewhere else... Who knows? What I'd like to know is what makes you think the Patriots can no longer contend for a Super Bowl..? I hate them as much as the next Bills fan, but they still continue to win the division year in and year out... and as long as Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork and Belichick among others are there, they will be able to challenge anyone in the AFC. What, you think LT won't go there because the Pats danced on the Charger logo a couple years ago? Gimme a break... Old grudges don't play into business decisions... Also, Belichick has a history of bringing in good, veteran RBs... Corey Dillion? Fred Taylor? History says this is the type of guy Belichick could go after....

I'm merely speculating on places I think he will go... and apparently I'm not the only one in this thread who thinks NE may be a top option for him. Perhaps he'll go somewhere else... Who knows? What I'd like to know is what makes you think the Patriots can no longer contend for a Super Bowl..? I hate them as much as the next Bills fan, but they still continue to win the division year in and year out... and as long as Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork and Belichick among others are there, they will be able to challenge anyone in the AFC. What, you think LT won't go there because the Pats danced on the Charger logo a couple years ago? Gimme a break... Old grudges don't play into business decisions... Also, Belichick has a history of bringing in good, veteran RBs... Corey Dillion? Fred Taylor? History says this is the type of guy Belichick could go after....

What makes me the Patriots can no longer contend for the Super Bowl? I don't know. Maybe them being blownout in the wildcard round of the playoffs last year? The Jets ready to assume the AFC East crown? Welker being lucky to ever play (as productively) again, much less next season? Wilfork being disgruntled? It being 5 years since their last SB win? The fact that they'll be going without coordinators this year? Take your pick.

My bet is on New England.
Would hate to see Bellichek revive him........not a far fetched idea.
yea i think the pats might go after him
I would see New England first. They seem to do alright with recycled rb's.
I predicted this during last season with some friends... and I still think Belichick has the best chance of signing him...

See Below.

Not to mention LT probably hates the Patriots.

Ya think?

12 TDs last year. Could you imagine having Fast Freddy and LT. WOW!!

and how many of those TDs were from less then 4 yards out? its not like he was making plays and scoring on long runs, most of his TDs were short runs...he was also horrible on first down last year and averaged what, 3.3 a carry

the guy is nothing more then a 3rd down back at best now

What makes me the Patriots can no longer contend for the Super Bowl? I don't know. Maybe them being blownout in the wildcard round of the playoffs last year? The Jets ready to assume the AFC East crown? Welker being lucky to ever play (as productively) again, much less next season? Wilfork being disgruntled? It being 5 years since their last SB win? The fact that they'll be going without coordinators this year? Take your pick.

:D Boy that's a lot of assumptions... I would say them not having Welker in that playoff game may have been a big factor in their loss... and who says he can't come back? Many players have come back from ACL/MCL tears... ask our old RB Willis... Brady came back pretty well last year after a lot of people speculating his knee was continuously infected and his career was over...

The Jets are going to take the crown, huh? They looked pretty good this past season and the Pats still won the division... You think Sanchez can't be figured out now that he's played for a year? Many QBs go through the sophomore slump after opposing coaches get tape on them and learn their tendencies... and I'd say Belichick is pretty good at that... Who says Thomas Jones has another year like that in the tank too... They rode him pretty hard... The Jets haven't won the division yet... The Pats have for how many years?

Yeah, a disgruntled player who has been franchised... That's never happened... Seems like every time that player signs the tender and gets all that guaranteed money and the next season starts, they're just fine... Its just posturing as usual.

Lets see... 5 years since a SB win... Forget that they won three... Yeah, since then they still went to the 2006 AFC Championship and went to the 2007 Super Bowl while undefeated... Hell, even without Brady the entire year in 2008 they still went 11-5 and became the 1st 11-win team since the expansion to a 12-team playoff in 1990 to not make the playoffs...

Coordinators? Actually Bill O'Brien will call plays on offense and Belichick will call plays on defense.... I'd say his track record as a DC qualifies... We as Bills fans know all about that. Wait? You mean Belichick has won a SB as a DC? Well surely he can't do it now... He's never been to the SB in any capacity... Ya know, Belichick will never be able to pull it off based on his history, but, boy, Chan Gailey sure will doubling up on the duties here...

You can continue to base your argument off of assumptions if you like... Welker will never come back, New England's Super Bowl days are over, LT probably hates the Patriots, the Jets will assume the AFC East crown... I was merely speculating on where LT would go to begin with and gave a sound argument as to why I think New England is a very possible landing spot... But you've rewritten the definition here on assumption and speculation where the AFC East/Patriots are concerned... Why don't you put up a valid argument with some real facts, eh..?

LT was the best thing to happen to San Diego both on and off the field. To bad it has to end this way. But it was clear he is not the same player.

Get R Done no way.... LT should retire IMO

But if I was Mr Nix I would dangle Marshawn as bait to see what we could get. I think Lynch would do well in San Diego, I want to keep him but he is one mistake from being gone for a whole season and you can replace RB's fairly easy in the draft.

Going after a fading HOF back when the team is in the beginning stages of rebuilding a devastated franchise is absurd. The Bills presently have two backs who can adequately play the position. Why would LT want to go to a franchise which has little chance to make the playoffs and has OL and qb deficiencies?

John C....Dead on. That is the most dead on statement on this board this morning.

:D Boy that's a lot of assumptions... I would say them not having Welker in that playoff game may have been a big factor in their loss... and who says he can't come back? Many players have come back from ACL/MCL tears... ask our old RB Willis... Brady came back pretty well last year after a lot of people speculating his knee was continuously infected and his career was over...

The Jets are going to take the crown, huh? They looked pretty good this past season and the Pats still won the division... You think Sanchez can't be figured out now that he's played for a year? Many QBs go through the sophomore slump after opposing coaches get tape on them and learn their tendencies... and I'd say Belichick is pretty good at that... Who says Thomas Jones has another year like that in the tank too... They rode him pretty hard... The Jets haven't won the division yet... The Pats have for how many years?

Yeah, a disgruntled player who has been franchised... That's never happened... Seems like every time that player signs the tender and gets all that guaranteed money and the next season starts, they're just fine... Its just posturing as usual.

Lets see... 5 years since a SB win... Forget that they won three... Yeah, since then they still went to the 2006 AFC Championship and went to the 2007 Super Bowl while undefeated... Hell, even without Brady the entire year in 2008 they still went 11-5 and became the 1st 11-win team since the expansion to a 12-team playoff in 1990 to not make the playoffs...

Coordinators? Actually Bill O'Brien will call plays on offense and Belichick will call plays on defense.... I'd say his track record as a DC qualifies... We as Bills fans know all about that. Wait? You mean Belichick has won a SB as a DC? Well surely he can't do it now... He's never been to the SB in any capacity... Ya know, Belichick will never be able to pull it off based on his history, but, boy, Chan Gailey sure will doubling up on the duties here...

You can continue to base your argument off of assumptions if you like... Welker will never come back, New England's Super Bowl days are over, LT probably hates the Patriots, the Jets will assume the AFC East crown... I was merely speculating on where LT would go to begin with and gave a sound argument as to why I think New England is a very possible landing spot... But you've rewritten the definition here on assumption and speculation where the AFC East/Patriots are concerned... Why don't you put up a valid argument with some real facts, eh..?

There's no assumption on my part that Welker won't return in 2010. He may eventually return (although remember that there may be a lockout in 2011), but he's pushing 30 (unlike Willis who was 20 when he got hurt) and his game (unlike Brady's) relies on a lot of running and hard-cutting ability. And he was instrumental in them winning the division last year, nevermind what his absence meant in the playoffs.

What makes me think that Sanchez, a rookie, won't improve in his 2nd season, or that Thomas Jones won't still do well? Maybe less of the same optimisim that makes you think the Pats will play well enough to win the division again, much less become SB contenders again.

And what happened 5+ years ago means nothing today. It just says they are 5 years older/more removed from their glory days.

But getting back to the main point, LT won't be going to the Pats. Regardless of whether you think the Pats' SB contending days are over, he doesn't like them and they won't pay him what he thinks he worth. But not signing him might be a good thing for them.

and how many of those TDs were from less then 4 yards out? its not like he was making plays and scoring on long runs, most of his TDs were short runs...he was also horrible on first down last year and averaged what, 3.3 a carry

the guy is nothing more then a 3rd down back at best now

one thing to keep in mind as well is that SD pulled him out of many games towards the end of the season, which if they left him in, he would have had a better season statistically. he's past his prime, but, between missing two games this year and the lack of 3rd and 4th quarter carries, his stats suffered tremendously. he probably could have had a 1000 yd., 15+ TD season again.

one thing to keep in mind as well is that SD pulled him out of many games towards the end of the season, which if they left him in, he would have had a better season statistically. he's past his prime, but, between missing two games this year and the lack of 3rd and 4th quarter carries, his stats suffered tremendously. he probably could have had a 1000 yd., 15+ TD season again.

OR, they had to pull him early so he would actually be able to play in those later games.

at his age, with his injuries, you can look at it like this:

he can play the first half of all 16 games

OR

he can play the entire game for 8 games

i dont think his stats are getting that much better by wearing him out in the beginning of the season...