What are your hobbies?

Jim in Anchorage

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised how many people said fishing, as reports are less and less people are doing that now. Used to fish a lot when my sons were younger and OK with hangin' with dad. Now they close bars instead. So it is just the wife and me now, one week a year when we go camping

WNY has some of the best bass fishing in America. If i remember its easily top 5. Lake Erie is also the largest Fresh water source in the World!!!!!(I dont have a link, but i have heard that numerous times)

SO i would have to add fishing, golf, war movies to my list.

WNY has some of the best bass fishing in America. If i remember its easily top 5. Lake Erie is also the largest Fresh water source in the World!!!!!(I dont have a link, but i have heard that numerous times)

Lake Baikal is the largest fresh water source in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Baikal

Not trying to be a jerk. I just saw it on a show called "Wild Russia".

Sure just prove me wrong...I had heard it was not sure if it was true. Thanks for providing that. (NO one should ever listen to me)

I was going to point out that lake Erie is not even the largest of the great lakes. Now the Great Lakes as a fresh water system....that's a different story.

I was going to point out that lake Erie is not even the largest of the great lakes. Now the Great Lakes as a fresh water system....that's a different story.

Maybe thats what i heard, who knows, i never will; but again no one should ever listen to me about geography.

Maybe thats what i heard, who knows, i never will; but again no one should ever listen to me about geography.

The Great Lakes are amazing in how big they really are and how they were formed and those of use who grew up there them just took them for granted. The finger laked are very cool too.

I may be the only person here with this one, but one of my hobbies is beekeeping.

I was just bottling honey last night from my fall crop - terrible year - only got 32 pounds. This year has got to be better!

I think that's kind-of weird. Cool, really...but kind-of weird, nonetheless.

Used to fish all the time, I miss it. Anyone here ever fish Lake Nipissing in Ontario? Now it's family, football and work that take up most of my time. Summer time I try and spend as much time at the trailer as possible, cooking over an open fire with a beer in my hand. :rolleyes: