Stand in line with me, to punch NBC in the face!

Lv-Bills

I'm pretty tired of this kind of comment. I'm pretty sure if you measured the amount of "good" America does in the world vs the amount of "bad" the "good" would far outweigh the "bad". People want to focus on the bad. Try to make America a "bad guy". Fine. Americans are as fine a people in the world as any. America is the finest country in the world. If I am judged as an American by mistakes made by OUR government, then I also want to be judged by things like the millions of dollars and aid given around the world to those less fortunate by the American government (let alone it's private citizens).

And why are Americans fighting with Americans (i.e. on this board). We all have a vote. use it. And take responsability for the good and the bad. A picture of the WHOLE, please.

Oh, and by the way, opinions are encouraged...NOT discouraged.

WELL SAID!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And oh my what this thread has turned in to. I swear to god, I just wanted to punch an NBC exec in the face, not to turn this into a moronic political discussion.

Seriously, doesn't just one person want to punch someone at NBC in the face cuz of this? Just one of you spazzes out there? lol

Yes please. Was super pissed. Didn't get to watch the game. :P

to be quite honest, i do not think i really did. i just offered an opinion as to why NBC did not get it concerning the coverage of the hockey game. i drew a comparison between their political idealogy and how it relates to their cluelessness of not "getting it" when it comes to finding the viewers pulse. i guess this site is loaded with left wingers, guess they "taught me a lesson", with the various names they called me.

Ha! You sound like a politician!

And by the way guys, do you really think NBC didn't do some market research before they went with ice dancing or whatever it was over hockey? News flash: Americans don't give a damn about hockey. I know that's hard for people in Buffalo to grasp because hockey is so big there. It's a niche sport and every hockey fan who wanted to watch the game knew where to find it. Conversely, the average, "fringe" Olympic fan flipping around on a Sunday night- let's say a Grandma in Nebraska- does not have the patience for hockey and LOVES watching figure skating or whatever. You act as if NBC is clueless in the matter, rather they know exactly what they're doing. Their objective is to make money, not put on what they might think is cool. If you want to punch someone in the face, drive out to Wyoming County and punch an average American in the face bacause they don't care about hockey!

And by the way guys, do you really think NBC didn't do some market research before they went with ice dancing or whatever it was over hockey? News flash: Americans don't give a damn about hockey. I know that's hard for people in Buffalo to grasp because hockey is so big there. It's a niche sport and every hockey fan who wanted to watch the game knew where to find it. Conversely, the average, "fringe" Olympic fan flipping around on a Sunday night- let's say a Grandma in Nebraska- does not have the patience for hockey and LOVES watching figure skating or whatever. You act as if NBC is clueless in the matter, rather they know exactly what they're doing. Their objective is to make money, not put on what they might think is cool. If you want to punch someone in the face, drive out to Wyoming County and punch an average American in the face bacause they don't care about hockey!

No, I act as a frustrated hockey fan.

Seriously? While the emotions are high, I am assuming all of this "punching in the face" is rhetorical. Right?

No, I act as a frustrated hockey fan.

Seriously? While the emotions are high, I am assuming all of this "punching in the face" is rhetorical. Right?

You would think.

I agree though, I'm just saying- be frustrated that people in America don't care about hockey. If the Super Bowl was an olympic sport or the NBA All-Star game for that matter, then they would've aired it over ice dancing. Rest assured the medal rounds will be on NBC.

You would think.

I agree though, I'm just saying- be frustrated that people in America don't care about hockey. If the Super Bowl was an olympic sport or the NBA All-Star game for that matter, then they would've aired it over ice dancing. Rest assured the medal rounds will be on NBC.

My wife assured me of the same thing, I just didn't want to believe her!

that is what you get when liberal's run anything!,,.look at what friggin obama is doing to the country, then you can understand why you get a cluterf----- when the olberman's of the world run anything, its not him, but his way of thinking permeates nbc's!

Dude.. you are a freaking moron..

ok, i give up, seems like lots on here are bean sprout eaters , granola lovers.. not much one can say to those.. you win, i am going to "hunker down", read my bible, polish my gun collection, and learn how to properly place comma's..

Finally..

this just in.. you are a little late to the party..

Don't let some of these guys get you down Dwight...your taking a pounding because of your opinion. The world is a very sensitive place. No one wants to hear something they disagree with, let alone stated strongly. There is a lot of back-and-forth in this post and others, which I enjoy reading, but the "you're a moron!" posts are so hypocritical.

I really feel for you on the punctuation police. Those barbs must have hurt badly.

Don't let some of these guys get you down Dwight...your taking a pounding because of your opinion. The world is a very sensitive place. No one wants to hear something they disagree with, let alone stated strongly. There is a lot of back-and-forth in this post and others, which I enjoy reading, but the "you're a moron!" posts are so hypocritical.

I really feel for you on the punctuation police. Those barbs must have hurt badly.

Yes, an opinion that belongs elsewhere.

thank you, i do enjoy the back and forth, but it seems lots on here get testy if you express an opinion they do not agree with, never expected the backlash.

thank you, i do enjoy the back and forth, but it seems lots on here get testy if you express an opinion they do not agree with, never expected the backlash.

It's not that no one agreed with it. It's that it was a stupid opinion. A liberal conspiracy to keep the US-Canada hockey game from being shown in HD? :P The backlash isn't about your political beliefs, it's about you being a moron.

It's not that no one agreed with it. It's that it was a stupid opinion. A liberal conspiracy to keep the US-Canada hockey game from being shown in HD? :P The backlash isn't about your political beliefs, it's about you being a moron.

?.. moron?.. i was expressing an opinion , not a political belief. it was never said it was a "liberal conspiracy"point missed!. my opinion is that nbc is clueless essentially, and coincidently in the tank for obama. draw your own conclusions. then it became me being a "jackass", and as you say "a moron" . just felt i should defend myself. but go ahead, if you get your jollies by calling people names, go for it!..

?.. moron?.. i was expressing an opinion , not a political belief. it was never said it was a "liberal conspiracy"point missed!. my opinion is that nbc is clueless essentially, and coincidently in the tank for obama. draw your own conclusions. then it became me being a "jackass", and as you say "a moron" . just felt i should defend myself. but go ahead, if you get your jollies by calling people names, go for it!..

You were expressing a stupid opinion. Blaming SD coverage of a hockey game on the Obama Administration? You choke on a hot dog as a kid or something?

And yes, while you're entitled to express an opionion, even a stupid one, we're also entitled to beat you like a rented mule for being an idiot.

It's not that no one agreed with it. It's that it was a stupid opinion. A liberal conspiracy to keep the US-Canada hockey game from being shown in HD? :PThe backlash isn't about your political beliefs, it's about you being a moron.

[/thread]

Hopefully.

You were expressing a stupid opinion. Blaming SD coverage of a hockey game on the Obama Administration? You choke on a hot dog as a kid or something?

And yes, while you're entitled to express an opionion, even a stupid one, we're also entitled to beat you like a rented mule for being an idiot.

i can express an opinion, is that what you are saying?, but if YOU think it is a stupid one, meaning an opinion you disagree with, you then assume i am an idiot?.. is that what you are saying?.. i would say "i rest my case" to that, but have a feeling i may have to further defend myself, or perhaps, just let people see who the idiots are!

i can express an opinion, is that what you are saying?, but if YOU think it is a stupid one, meaning an opinion you disagree with, you then assume i am an idiot?.. is that what you are saying?.. i would say "i rest my case" to that, but have a feeling i may have to further defend myself, or perhaps, just let people see who the idiots are!

No, you can express an opinion, but if it's a stupid opinion I'll assume you're an idiot whether I agree or disagree with it.

I mean, really...an Obama/Olbermann liberal conspiracy against televising hockey in HD? Did you stop and think for even a half-second how utterly ridiculous that sounds? Either you didn't...and not thinking before you spout off makes you an idiot. Or you did...and you failed to realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds, which makes you an idiot. Either way...idiot.

No, you can express an opinion, but if it's a stupid opinion I'll assume you're an idiot whether I agree or disagree with it.

I mean, really...an Obama/Olbermann liberal conspiracy against televising hockey in HD? Did you stop and think for even a half-second how utterly ridiculous that sounds? Either you didn't...and not thinking before you spout off makes you an idiot. Or you did...and you failed to realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds, which makes you an idiot. Either way...idiot.

hard to refute that one. Advantage DC.

i respectfully disagree. again, for the umpteenth time, i did not in any way say, nbc not televising the hockey game on the main channel and it being a conspiracy . i said, nbc just does not get it!.. how could they possibly not realize that the game is important enough to put on the main channel?(regardless of the popularity of hockey, this game trancends that). my point was essentially that nbc is a liberal network, THEY ADMIT IT!. just reinforces my opinion that as out of touch that liberals are, so is nbc by not "getting it" as far as putting the game on the regular feed.

i respectfully disagree. again, for the umpteenth time, i did not in any way say, nbc not televising the hockey game on the main channel and it being a conspiracy . i said, nbc just does not get it!.. how could they possibly not realize that the game is important enough to put on the main channel?(regardless of the popularity of hockey, this game trancends that). my point was essentially that nbc is a liberal network, THEY ADMIT IT!. just reinforces my opinion that as out of touch that liberals are, so is nbc by not "getting it" as far as putting the game on the regular feed.

Oh, so it's not a liberal conspiracy, it's just the liberal's fault. Yeah, that's a LOT more rational. :P

You know what would really help you make your point? Cease being an idiot.

one more thing, now if you disagree with my premise that liberals are out of touch, fair game, have at me! but do not call me an idiot when YOU, miss the friggin point!

point missed.. sorry..

No, I got the point. The liberals are out of touch, as evidenced by a standard-def broadcast of an Olympic hockey game. Fox would have broadcast it in HD, no doubt. :P

You're really not helping yourself, bonehead. :unsure:

No, I got the point. The liberals are out of touch, as evidenced by a standard-def broadcast of an Olympic hockey game. Fox would have broadcast it in HD, no doubt. :P

You're really not helping yourself, bonehead. :unsure:

i admit, i cannot keep up with you in the name calling dept, you win there!