Marshawn to SD

NoSaint

I have heard all the rumors of marshawn to SD for either a pick or Cromartie.... What about Marshawn for RFA Marcus McNeill? Throw in some picks to balance --- is it even possible?

I havent heard much of how his long term negotiations are going with SD, and of course we would have to sign him to a hefty deal afterward but......

i dunno just an idea to throw out there.

A.J. Smith is too smart to trade a RB one incident away from being suspended long term for a solid LT. Positional value being what it is, Buffalo would need to throw in something more to get a good LT than just a backup RB.

Unless Smith has a replacement for McNeill on the roster (and he doesn't), he's not making that move. Certainly no NFL team would trade their starting LT for picks or a RB without a replacement, right?

A.J. Smith is too smart to trade a RB one incident away from being suspended long term for a solid LT. Positional value being what it is, Buffalo would need to throw in something more to get a good LT than just a backup RB.

Unless Smith has a replacement for McNeill on the roster (and he doesn't), he's not making that move. Certainly no NFL team would trade their starting LT for picks or a RB without a replacement, right?

Yes, Agreed

Its true -- who would ever trade a LT.... i mean wait.....

Realistically though there are pros and cons to both players. Obviously mcneill has more value

Investing in Mcneill you must worry about his long term health with his back problems. Does AJ Smith want to give a probowl LT contract to a guy that might develop health issues? Marshawn though terrible off the field would be a big addition to that offense. He is one strike away from sitting, but theres no saying if McNeill might not be in the same boat with his back.

Marshawn has a price tag under a million dollars next year I believe -- as opposed to paying 6-8 million for sproles (what was the number for him to be kept around?). Marshawn can be kept for a reasonable length of time for an affordable price -- it was a rough year last year, but he has shown pro bowl ability and under a million dollars is a heck of a bargain.

There were rumors that mcneill was close to signing 2 years ago but talks broke down and have never gotten as close (atleast that i have heard publicly) since that time. Maybe there is something more there, and mcneill and smith still dont see eye to eye? maybe mcneill was a nix guy.... he was the SEC scout there correct?

We have ties to the front office now -- ala NE and KC, or many other connections you see around the league. It makes it easier to atleast talk.

Am I saying its going to happen? likely not, but i dont think its worth throwing out the window as impossible. What type of pick do you think it would take to add on? Would you do marshawn and a 2 for mcneill if that would get it done?

I have heard all the rumors of marshawn to SD for either a pick or Cromartie.... What about Marshawn for RFA Marcus McNeill? Throw in some picks to balance --- is it even possible?

I havent heard much of how his long term negotiations are going with SD, and of course we would have to sign him to a hefty deal afterward but......

I don't think there were any rumors, not even from Joe Logan. Just message board banter.

Throw in Roscoe Parrish, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, James Hardy, Paul Pozinjury, & Chris Ellis and we're still better off !!!!! :rolleyes:

But this is "Beast Mode" we're talking about and every good GM knows that having a cool nickname for breaking tackles is worth at least a first round pick.

Lynch for a 2nd, Evans for a 1st and a 3rd. There's probably a team on the cusp that would give anything for a guy like Evans... maybe the Titans or Panthers.

*** NEWS FLASH ***

This thread id dumb marshawn IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE..what planet do you people live on...why would you trade a good back and have to turn around and draft another, not knowing if the new back will be half as good as your last. I mean damn use common sense if you have any. If you wanna say he sucks after one bad year fine but I can name plenty of players that had one bad year then bounced back with great years after...damn relax...

Lynch for Rivers :oops:

But that trade i'll MAKE.... LOL.... :wallbash:

*** NEWS FLASH ***

This thread id dumb marshawn IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE..what planet do you people live on...why would you trade a good back and have to turn around and draft another, not knowing if the new back will be half as good as your last. I mean damn use common sense if you have any. If you wanna say he sucks after one bad year fine but I can name plenty of players that had one bad year then bounced back with great years after...damn relax...

But that trade i'll MAKE.... LOL.... :wallbash:

***NEWS FLASH***

F R E D

J A C K S O N

You should use some common sense... Marshawn is a 2nd string player for the Bills. I'll take A. Cromartie any day of the week for Lynch straight up.

***NEWS FLASH***

F R E D

J A C K S O N

You should use some common sense... Marshawn is a 2nd string player for the Bills. I'll take A. Cromartie any day of the week for Lynch straight up.

*** NEWS FLASH ***

Y O U R

D U M B

Fred cant do it all by himself you lil wart plus what is he 30...Plus you was prolly all on marshawn di*ck when he made the pro bowl and was given us 1,000 yard seasons, now you want him gone. Oh yea I could give a f*ck less if he made the pro bowl cuz he was a sub HE STILL MADE IT...and for cromartie yea stick to fantasy trades and madden because cromartie sux...

SLAP YOURSELF...