Buffalo comes in at #8 of Americas 20 most miserable cities

Rayzer32

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF any city that isn't a ski town sucks in the winter. Buffalo is sick in the summer puttin on all those free shows and what not to mention the food. There's also plenty of bars and rheir open till 4 (wait maybe thats not such a good thing) anyways F that Buffalonians and their city are the shiznit!

furthermore, this "study" says that the 200 largest US cities were considered and the cut off is a population of 240,000.

There is nowhere near 200 cities in the US with a population of 240K or greater

You are correct! There are only 78 cities in the US with populations over 240K

Im so sick of people S :wallbash: ing on this town. This is my home and will always be my home. I love it here. Everyone who says this place is :oops: can go off them selves.

Yea it may not be the richest or classyest but it's Buffalo, a place like no other!!

We need to start standing up and defending our town, city and home!

St. Louis is a bad town because the Rams suck? What the hell kind of logic is that? Don't get me wrong, I live and die with the Bills and Sabres. But that hardly seems like a legitimate yardstick.

Then again, if I had to watch the Rams ...

Agree. especially when the Cardinals are a model Baseball franchise with many pennants and World Series titles. The Rams are bad but they did win a Super Bowl. The Blues are the epitiome of average year after year.

This city does not however, measure its pride by its sports teams. It is a nice city, not the best and not the worst o(or even close to it).

i was born in Manhattan but I've lived everywhere from the Deep South to the West Coast to the Mediterranean (where my original moniker was born). I can honestly say that while other places I've lived may have had better climates or more to do, nobody has nicer folks than the people of Buffalo. The (soon to be) wife and I were astounded with just how friendly people are out here.

Our neighbor brought us over a pie for Christmas! A pie! The only thing I ever got from the neighbors in the city was a heroin syringe left at the base of my mailbox.

Its a shame I'm only going to be living in Orchard Park for another year.

How is the "Sports Teams" criteria calculated?

It seems like way too much grey area to make into a criteria.

Buffalo has an NHL team, Toledo doesnt. Buffalo has never won a cup. is Buffalo < Toledo? Or does the Buffalo Bisons winning the international league make the Bisons > the Indians?

Does the fact that there is an NHL team in Buffalo, create more enjoyment and less misery than a team in Phoenix if the teams' records are the same? How about the Bills and the Cardinals........ or Bills and Jaguars? Or are they equal?

I would also argue that heartbreak in a large way adds to the enjoyment of being a Buffalo sports fan.

In Philly, a team goes in the tank, and everybody drops them and roots for whichever of the sports teams is doing better... and they preted they dont care or never cared for the team that is losing. Does that make them less miserable than people in Buffalo because we stick with our losers? I think it adds to our pride and enjoyment. I know if I am at a bar or at a game and people are going nuts, giving high fives, hugs, spilling drinks on me etc.... I know they have been through all the rough times with me and that the team's hot streak isnt just a phony taste of the month/bandwagon thing that occurs in a lot of "happier" cities.

I was born and raised in Buffalo and dont get me wrong I love it. But with that said I have lived in many other cities over the years and Buffalo is a dump folks.

I love the people, the food the whole thing but the city is dirty, there are no jobs, no economy and no future.

When you really notice it is when you move to a nice city like Charlotte...such a difference.

I also lived in Sacramento which is on the list and Buffalo is by far worse....the weather is the final kicker for me and the reason I would never move back.....I love my 70's in the winter down here in florida and I know hurricanes blah blah but we have not had one in 60 years where I live lol

I was born and raised in Bflo. lived there 33 years. I have lived in NYC Seoul and now Bangkok . I rank it like this. Bflo is a great place to be from, NYC is home, Seoul was great for learning about other cultures and food Bangkok is cheap and hot and I see more sunshine, plus there is plenty of western stuff here, if I am in the mood for it. One thing I know is I like big cities.

You Buffalo homies got nothing on me. I'm in Stockton,CA. WE'RE #2 ! Most of you dudes got the same attitude as me - it is what you make of it. Me and my family are blessed,we're healthy,we got jobs (with health ins.), and we're happy! Forbes is a stupid magazine. The whole idea of making an annual list of most miserable cities is idiotic.

I was born and raised in Buffalo and dont get me wrong I love it. But with that said I have lived in many other cities over the years and Buffalo is a dump folks.

I love the people, the food the whole thing but the city is dirty, there are no jobs, no economy and no future.

When you really notice it is when you move to a nice city like Charlotte...such a difference.

I also lived in Sacramento which is on the list and Buffalo is by far worse....the weather is the final kicker for me and the reason I would never move back.....I love my 70's in the winter down here in florida and I know hurricanes blah blah but we have not had one in 60 years where I live lol

Charlotte is still new and is growing and has a much milder climate. Buffalo is much older and had its hey day at the turn at the turn of the century ... the prior century that is!

Like all cites on the Great Lakes, age, the harsh winter climate, and the lost industry base explain why you say Buffalo is "dirty". I agree that parts of Buffalo need to be rolled over and restarted. Other parts are still beautiful and have a charm that will never be seen again.

I dont think anyone is arguing that Buffalo should be at the top of the list.

Ranking the worst cities by the "criteria" they chose is irresponsible. Its all negative stuff.

Its easy to say it snows in Buffalo, there isnt a lot of jobs, and the Sabres and Bills dont win championships so its a miserable place. Why not focus on any positives in this "study"?

I have lived places that have jobs and better weather, but the cost of living was through the roof where I was making 3x what I would make in Buffalo but racking up debt at a horrific pace. Crime in places like Bridgeport, CT, New Haven, and Camden make it so you cant even be anywhere in each city (outside of Yale, those 3 cities are 3 giant violent ghettos). Those 3 cities also have a lot of traffic and a terrible cost of living. But they dont have the Bills or Sabres and it doesnt snow as much so I guess those places are better than Buffalo.

Oh look at me, I grew up in Williamsville and moved to Charlotte so I can hang out with my same high school friends every weekend just like I used to... Charlotte's ghea.

And more importantly, why does not having a hurricane for 60 years make you lol?

I moved away in 2003. Lived in various locations in Connecticut for 3+ years. Talk about misery!

Dying to move back home I landed a great job in the area. However I am required to be out of WNY 94% of the time. Im in South Jersey/Philly area. Its not too bad... but I would love to stay in WNY full time.

Connecticut is the worst place in our civilization.

why is conn so bad? best guess is boredom and weather.

please explain.