Does anyone else hate Weddings?

billsfan89

I am about to attend a wedding in April and I have to ask the question Does anyone else really really hate Weddings? I mean the actual ceremony (I have to attend as it is a pseudo family member) is very very boring no one ever objects (I would really love to go to a wedding where someone objects) and its the usual cut and dry routine.

Now then there is the reception where it usually takes forever to get the food (Which in my past experiences is rarely good) and then there are the annoying typical wedding dances. Its so much manufactured fun that occurs at halls which to me is never really all that fun to begin with.

I mean I love the great chance to hook up with the ladies because girls get really nuts at weddings but the journey to get to the part of the reception where I get that chance is so grueling and tedious that its really making you work for that chance.

I don't know but does anyone else here really hate weddings or am I alone in this?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, if a couple boring hours isn't worth having a good shot at a hot chick...you might want to turn in your man card now.

Not saying the juice isn't worth the squeeze or anything like that I will be going to the wedding and I will be sucking it up to nail a hot chick at the reception its just without that possibility of action I wouldn't like Weddings at all.

I am not crazy about weddings...I have been to far too many in the last 3 or 4 years... now, in two weeks, I have to attend a renewal of vows ceremony for my girlfiends' sister and brother in-law, neither who I particularly care for...out of work, and I have to plunk down and buy another friggin' "wedding gift". These people are having the "wedding we couldn't afford 25 years ago" :lol:

Why would you subject your family and friends to this (all of whom have been to two large family weddings since November) to a renewal of your vows? Its' a beautiful idea, it really is, but keep it to yourselves. I have no problem with the renewal part, but really? You have to have 150 "guests" and a registry?

I seriously doubt that anyone approaching a wedding with that attitude is getting near any hot chicks.

They're fun but expensive. On average I usually put about 150 a person in the envelope.

Jewish weddings are the most fun.

I am not crazy about weddings...I have been to far too many in the last 3 or 4 years... now, in two weeks, I have to attend a renewal of vows ceremony for my girlfiends' sister and brother in-law, neither who I particularly care for...out of work, and I have to plunk down and buy another friggin' "wedding gift". These people are having the "wedding we couldn't afford 25 years ago" :lol:

Why would you subject your family and friends to this (all of whom have been to two large family weddings since November) to a renewal of your vows? Its' a beautiful idea, it really is, but keep it to yourselves. I have no problem with the renewal part, but really? You have to have 150 "guests" and a registry?

My wife wants to subject my family (she doesn't get along with hers) and her friends (I don't have any) to just that...but we literally just decided one day to go to the court house the next morning and get hitched, so family and friends kind-of missed the wedding the first time. I have every intention of skipping any sort of gift registry, though...that just strikes me as crass, even for a wedding - doubly so for a "renewal of vows".

no one ever objects (I would really love to go to a wedding where someone objects)

If we get our vows renewed, before an audience, I'll instruct my brother or sister to do just that. :lol:

They're fun but expensive. On average I usually put about 150 a person in the envelope.

I've got to believe Muslim weddings are a blast, as well. I mean, how boring can it be when the reception includes firing automatic weapons into the air?

My wife wants to subject my family (she doesn't get along with hers) and her friends (I don't have any) to just that...but we literally just decided one day to go to the court house the next morning and get hitched, so family and friends kind-of missed the wedding the first time. I have every intention of skipping any sort of gift registry, though...that just strikes me as crass, even for a wedding - doubly so for a "renewal of vows".

Yeah, me too...but the grief I would get for not participating isn't worth it... my girlfriend is hispanic...and, at the risk of offending some here (I really don't intend to) a lot of the traditions that they have involving weddings and rights of passage seem like crass money-grabs to me, as well...knowing this particular couple, I wouldn't give them the benefit of a doubt, and think otherwise...but I love my girl, so I will deal with it...but I have spent way too much on weddings the last 6 months, particularly considering my work situation...I know many of the other guests will be feeling the pinch too...

In general, I think weddings are fun, if you are not part of them...and you have something in your car to "tide you over" in case it is dull! :lol:

Yeah, me too...but the grief I would get for not participating isn't worth it... my girlfriend is hispanic...and, at the risk of offending some here (I really don't intend to) a lot of the traditions that they have involving weddings and rights of passage seem like crass money-grabs to me, as well...knowing this particular couple, I wouldn't give them the benefit of a doubt, and think otherwise...but I love my girl, so I will deal with it...but I have spent way too much on weddings the last 6 months, particularly considering my work situation...I know many of the other guests will be feeling the pinch too...

In general, I think weddings are fun, if you are not part of them...and you have something in your car to "tide you over" in case it is dull! :lol:

Of course it's a money grab. At my brothers wedding my mom was pointing to all the people who didn't give an envelope. We even write down who gave what so we give the same back at their wedding. It's basically a pyramid scheme, the B word is, if you don't get married, you're getting !@#$ed over in the end.

Of course it's a money grab. At my brothers wedding my mom was pointing to all the people who didn't give an envelope. We even write down who gave what so we give the same back at their wedding. It's basically a pyramid scheme, the B word is, if you don't get married, you're getting !@#$ed over in the end.

Yeah, !@#$ed over, and condemned to life in hell.... :lol:

I didn't go to my first authentic Jewish wedding until a few years ago. The Hora dance really was fun.

But if you want a party, nothing beats a Russian wedding. :ph34r: