Good Nix article

DarthICE

http://blog.al.com/ray-melick/2010/02/tall...dy_nix_bac.html

Man this guy gets me pumped up. I wish we had him as GM instead of Donahoe/Marv/ Russ and all that mess we have went through. I have a feeling I am going to wish we had Gailey this entire time as well :thumbsup:

I want the QB situation resolved so damn bad, but I am also about to the point of just going with whatever Nix and Gailey goes with and deal with it. Nix has such a damn good rep at evaluating and getting the right players in here. I just wish this was a time when when had like two first rounders, a couple seconds etc so Nix could really shore things up quicker.

Darth I worry about you if Nix doesn't go 'stud QB first'. In all seriousness will we see a Nix is a scrub campaign from you?

No not at all. I really like the guy and feel he can turn it around. Unlike the POS's we have had running this team, he is hands down a top 3-5 talent evaluator in this league. I feel for the first time since Polian left, whomever we draft in April has a damn good shot at being a stud in the NFL. Nix can also nail the 2nd-7th round picks so I feel good about the draft.

He seems like the kind of guy who's not going to draft a lot of these project players that GM's pick in order to make themselves look like geniuses if they pan out. No frills, just big, strong, tough, productive players.

Yes, that's why he's not drafting Tebow.

That was a great article. I think he'll be good. He's truly a football guy. I don't see him getting caught up in business and politics associated with being a GM. I love the fact that even though they offered him the chance to live out of state he insists on living in Buffalo. I must add that as much as I'd like it to happen turning it around is not going to happen overnight. I think we need to cut them some slack and not trash Nix/Gailey if success doesn't happen right away as long as we see progress....

Man this guy gets me pumped up. I wish we had him as GM instead of Donahoe/Marv/ Russ and all that mess we have went through. I have a feeling I am going to wish we had Gailey this entire time as well :thumbsup:

I want the QB situation resolved so damn bad, but I am also about to the point of just going with whatever Nix and Gailey goes with and deal with it. Nix has such a damn good rep at evaluating and getting the right players in here. I just wish this was a time when when had like two first rounders, a couple seconds etc so Nix could really shore things up quicker.

I like Nix too. And the draft is still a while away. They could still add some more picks. In fact, I think we will see Nix acquire some more picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.

I like Nix too. And the draft is still a while away. They could still add some more picks. In fact, I think we will see Nix acquire some more picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.

I think Schobel and Whitner will both be traded for picks. I bet Schobel gets reunited with Greggo in NO-they're looking to dump Charles Grant, it's closer to Houston, and it's a chance for him to win.

I'll go first - if Tebow is anything, he is big, strong, tough, and productive...

try again with your thought? :thumbsup:

Actually sir I've got nothing against Tebow, he may work in the NFL but I don't think Nix will risk it. He's a project (one that may actually work out) but once again my point was I don't think Nix will draft him based on his quotes about not drafting high risk players. I'm sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to make you bash your head against the wall.

:unsure: What he said.

No not at all. I really like the guy and feel he can turn it around. Unlike the POS's we have had running this team, he is hands down a top 3-5 talent evaluator in this league. I feel for the first time since Polian left, whomever we draft in April has a damn good shot at being a stud in the NFL. Nix can also nail the 2nd-7th round picks so I feel good about the draft.

What he said too. :thumbdown:

That was a great article. I think he'll be good. He's truly a football guy. I don't see him getting caught up in business and politics associated with being a GM. I love the fact that even though they offered him the chance to live out of state he insists on living in Buffalo. I must add that as much as I'd like it to happen turning it around is not going to happen overnight. I think we need to cut them some slack and not trash Nix/Gailey if success doesn't happen right away as long as we see progress....

:thumbdown: What he said three! :thumbdown:

'Nuff said.

He seems like the kind of guy who's not going to draft a lot of these project players that GM's pick in order to make themselves look like geniuses if they pan out. No frills, just big, strong, tough, productive players.

While Donahoe tried to get cute and creative with his draft picks to show everyone how slick he was Nix is going to be fundamentally sound with his approach. Taking an injured McGahee with a first round pick and a pixy receiver with a second round pick is not something he would do. Buddy is looking for football players more than he is looking for pretty boy athletes.