Tebow?

LandofwayJ

Why not Tim Tebow with our 2nd round pick? If it played-out this way where they bring in a veteran QB, draft the best available LT at #9 and draft Tebow with the intent of putting him in the wildcat 10-15 plays a game? Would that be so foolish? We all know they're going to do something to excite the fan base, why not Tebow when he could just turn into something special?

Why not Tim Tebow with our 2nd round pick? If it played-out this way where they bring in a veteran QB, draft the best available LT at #9 and draft Tebow with the intent of putting him in the wildcat 10-15 plays a game? Would that be so foolish? We all know they're going to do something to excite the fan base, why not Tebow when he could just turn into something special?

Tebow's scrambling doesnt translate to profootball, hes more of a battering ram, so you could line him up at fullback, but in a wildcat hes not gonna do too much, and last time I checked, FB's dont go on day 1.

Also, this has been discussed at length in other threads, you didnt have to start a new one.

yes it would be foolish... what does tebow have to bring to the wildcat that freddy cant do? he has thrown the ball, and with him and lynch in the backfield theres plenty of running presence... plus tebow doesnt have the speed to run in NFL very well, not to mention the oft-mentioned mechanics.

so basically, no to tebow

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Tebow will be a Bill after JKs blurb a month or two ago. The only question is what round the Bills take him in. I'm going to assume that Ralph will instruct the FO to use our Rd. 1 pick on Timmy Terrific so that there is no question of the Bills missing out on him.

So it has been written, so it shall be done.

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Tebow will be a Bill after JKs blurb a month or two ago. The only question is what round the Bills take him in. I'm going to assume that Ralph will instruct the FO to use our Rd. 1 pick on Timmy Terrific so that there is no question of the Bills missing out on him.

Didn't RW want Flutie in the 85 draft ahead of Bruce Smith? Can't remember if that was conjecture or what. If so, thank goodness BP had the ability to convince RW he didn't know which player was best.

It's nonsense to think RW knows the ins and outs of football. He's been an owner, but he's not the guy to make decisions on individual players.

I love how so many people are so sure he is gonna be a bust, I wasn't a fan but since it has become trendy to say he is terrible, I actually am rooting for him. While he had the benefit of a lot of great talent surronding him, he did make some big passes, I think the senior bowl was a case of him being out of his comfort zone. Phil Simms had it right when he said Tebow should have passed on the senior bowl and worked longer with a qb coach.

No one can say with certainty that he is gonna be a bust until he actually takes the field this year.

Tebow? Hmm..... Hadn't given him much thought. Thanks for bringing him up, I'll have to do a little research. I wonder if there is any analysis out there about how his game projects to the NFL?

Did you hear that Hitler's mad about the TO signing?

I love how so many people are so sure he is gonna be a bust, I wasn't a fan but since it has become trendy to say he is terrible, I actually am rooting for him.
I have no difficulty rooting for him in general, he seems a genuinely nice person. But, root for the Bills to use a pick on him? Nope.

I love how so many people are so sure he is gonna be a bust, I wasn't a fan but since it has become trendy to say he is terrible, I actually am rooting for him.

It would probably be a lot less trendy to predict his failure if every other nitwit on the board hadn't started a "Why don't we draft Tebow cause all he does is win" thread.

I don't wish the guy ill, but fer cryin out loud, enough with this nonsense.

i don't agree with the 7th round - he has more talent and potential than that - but i would not use any of our top 3 picks on him - if he is there in the 4th then i say ok - even better if it was the 5th

What potential? Tebow is a battering ram with bad accuracy and horrible mechanics. Where do you see room for improvemnt?

OP I agree with you and I think we could trade for Thigpen (personaly I like a player for player trade better than for draft picks though) as the starter for a year or two in the mean time. Really all that would need to be done is trade down in the first and pick up 2 second round picks. And for you guys who don't like the "all he does is win" crap, well........ It is the truth. He had great numbers he won a lot, and is concidered maybe the best college football player in the history of the game. Plus he works hard as hell and is a true leader. I don't think he will be a first rounder but with the staff we have assembled I do think there is a chance he could do well here.

Going back to a very different situation in 1969 we took the greatest (maybe) running back in the game and when RW finally did hire someone who knew how to use him (and spent some picks on the line). Look what happened.

I don't favor Tebows politics or the fact he ran the spread anymore than any of you, I am sure but I know he will have a good maybe great pro career. One thing that will matter of course will be his supporting cast. Jim Kelly thinks he is the guy and I understand why. Tebow is tough and leader (like Kelly himself). IMHO the Bills would be crazy to not do this, I am sure the Phins are thinking about it too. So we will maybe seeing him two times a year for the next decade or so, I think he should be in a Bills uni.

Oh and one last thing I line him up as a TE most of the time the first year not a FB so much.

Tebow? Hmm..... Hadn't given him much thought. Thanks for bringing him up, I'll have to do a little research. I wonder if there is any analysis out there about how his game projects to the NFL?

let's check it out and start another thread on this.

OP I agree with you and I think we could trade for Thigpen (personaly I like a player for player trade better than for draft picks though) as the starter for a year or two in the mean time. Really all that would need to be done is trade down in the first and pick up 2 second round picks. And for you guys who don't like the "all he does is win" crap, well........ It is the truth. He had great numbers he won a lot, and is concidered maybe the best college football player in the history of the game.

The greatest Canadian Football player in the history of the CFL (initials being DF) played in the NFL.

And all he did was supposedly was "win".

How did that NFL career work out?

I love how so many people are so sure he is gonna be a bust, I wasn't a fan but since it has become trendy to say he is terrible, I actually am rooting for him. While he had the benefit of a lot of great talent surronding him, he did make some big passes, I think the senior bowl was a case of him being out of his comfort zone. Phil Simms had it right when he said Tebow should have passed on the senior bowl and worked longer with a qb coach.

No one can say with certainty that he is gonna be a bust until he actually takes the field this year.

No, but no one can say with certainty that Jim Kelly won't become president, or Barack Obama a NFL quarterback, but both seem highly unlikely.

He has already busted at the Senior Bowl, in fact he was embarrassingly bad. He isn't fast enough to be effective in tghe Wildcat, an offense that most likely won't even be used in a few years. Lots of people dreaming about drafting guys for their Wildcat potential, and it's really just a gimmick.

Lots of football players go to church, lots of them pray, for all I know, Rick Mirer was an ordained minister. None of that is gonna turn a guy into a successful QB/ NFL player.

The greatest Canadian Football player in the history of the CFL (initials being DF) played in the NFL.

And all he did was supposedly was "win".

How did that NFL career work out?

Could be argued DF was given the shaft and didn't have the best surrounding cast, plus he might have been one of the best QBs we had in here since Jim Kelly. We were in the playoffs wether or not you credit to him. This was really the beginning of the FO being really F'ed up. Which is all Ralph. Hopefully we can finally move pastl that. I am not so sure RW will be so behind taking Tebow but would have to be sold on it.

Could be argued DF was given the shaft and didn't have the best surrounding cast, plus he might have been one of the best QBs we had in here since Jim Kelly. We were in the playoffs wether or not you credit to him. This was really the beginning of the FO being really F'ed up. Which is all Ralph. Hopefully we can finally move pastl that. I am not so sure RW will be so behind taking Tebow but would have to be sold on it.

A lot of different of arguments can be made. One consisting of DF being, at best, an average QB when he played the American game of football at the professional level.

He failed to stick at Chicago.

He failed to win the starting job at New England.

Despite being the "best" QB since Kelly, his play left a lot to be desired, forcing the team to keep looking for someone better.

He was handed the starting job in San Diego, and failed to keep it (the Chargers being one of only 3 teams interested in him, and the other two wanted him to compete for a back up spot).

I find it really hard to believe DF was "screwed" or "shafted" by not one, not two, not three, but 4 different teams. I could even push that number to 5 if I included the USFL New Jersey Generals, where after starting only one year, Trump was looking to replace him. But the league folded before he suffered from that embarrassment.