Killer reciever hits the open market...

rocwocka

Ok, I'm gonna stick up for Stallworth here because the comparisons to Vick, and the rest are just ridiculous. First off Stallworth never lied to the Commissioner's or anyone elses face regarding the accident. He called the police and ambulance for the guy and stayed there until the authorities arrived. Also, while he was drunk, Mr. Reyes (victim) was illegally crossing a major causeway that was poorly lit. Unlike guys like Lynch, Jones, and Vick Stallworth didn't run, didn't lie, and didn't try to cop out. He plead guilty to his crime, gave up his driver's license for life in Florida, and served his time. He has no other history of run ins with the law or anything like that so to lump him in with the thug moniker is wrong in my opinion.

Now, that said, let me tell you why I don't want him in Buffalo. One, he has a history of hamstring problems and he rarely plays all 16 games in a season and his stats are quite underwhelming. Two, he is still under contract with the cleveland browns after signing a 7 year deal prior to the 2009 season meaning we would have to trade for him because I doubt the Browns are going to release him and pay him all that cash while getting nothing in return.

thank you. what happened to Stallworth could happen to anyone, and it tragically happens over 10 times a year on a highway not too far from me. people crossing where they have no business even being near the road, at night. but there are lots of apartment complexes near it, so people are always running out. some poor, innocent driver just accidentally hit a woman who was crossing with her kids... at 11:30pm... in a poorly lit area. it's tragic, but it's also the pedestrian's fault.

Stallworth is not even close to being in the same class as the Vicks and Leonard Littles in this league.

But no to him as a WR option for those reasons you listed as well.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107749

It's stupid. Roger Goodell talks about wanting good character players in the league. His punishments are a joke. You aren't teaching the players anything Roger. You can go to jail for a few years and kill someone with your car and still make millions of dollars.

Protecting the Shield my ass.

he certainly is a killer, and he is now a receiver again, but he's never been a killer receiver, and we dont need another asshat criminal in buffalo, there's enough of them in the stands (j/k).

Seriously, we need to give the guys we have a shot to prove themselves before we go out and sign every FA receiver that comes available

I honestly dont care, because I dont associate my football with what they did. Would I hire him to be my towns bus driver? Probably not. Would I hire Vick to run my dog kennel? No. Would I let them play on my football team? YES. Both those players are better than players on our team currently. The Bills are a better football team with them.