Quicker Turn Around Than most think

Greetings Bills Fans,

I have been thinking the past two days about this offseason. I think this might be one of the most important offseasons in Bills history. A disaster offseason will turn alot of fans heads in other directions. But Ralph NEEDS a successful offseason with playoff results to restore the respect Bills Nation had/has for him. I really think Ralph see's that in order to sell his product and restore his reputation in Buffalo, he needs to open his pockets.

Through the coaching search, I think Ralph may have finally realized that his reputation around the league has somewhat diminished (he surely has tons of respect around the league, but as much as he used to? Doubtful). He opened his pockets to his top two candidates, Cowher and Shanahan, and both denied him. Shanahan reportedly denied a 5 year $50 millionn contract that included other incentives (If I am correct). I looks as if Ralph finally found himself two football people in the front office with GM Buddy Nix and Assistant GM Doug Whaley. (NEXT STEP: I would love to see Marty Schottenheimer as VP of Pro Personal). Then we got a coach named Chan Gailey, not the fancy/ big name guy everyone wanted, but he seems to be well respected by many around the league. Dan Reeves and Bill Cowher really liked him, they both think he is a great coach. Jerry Jones said he made a major mistake by firing him after two consecutive playoff appearances in his only two NFL HC years. He seems to have a few things going for him, his interview with Chris Brown I thought was very solid. He has brought in some good assistants like: Bruce DeHaven (ST Coach), Geoge Catavolos (Secondary Coach), Bob Sanders (D-Line Coach), and Geoge Cortez (QB Coach). Then he brought in Curtis Modkins as Offensive Coordinor, who seems to work well with RB's and seems to have a hard noised running style of play calling. Chan Gailey already said he will be calling the offensive plays. Then he brought in George Edwards as the Defensive Coordinator, not many fans liked it, BUT it seems like alot of the players he has worked with have said nothing but good things about him. He has been a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL. He has worked with guys like: LaVar Arrington (In his prime), Champ Bailey, Jeremiah Trotter, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Marcus Stroud and Richard Seymour (who both learned from him in college), and developed Channing Crowder into a good NFL talent. George Edwards also will be playing a 3-4 Hybird defensive scheme. Players say he is a aggressive style coach. It remains to be seen who the Strength and Conditioning coach will be.

But now we look to the product side of the Bills. The product being the players who perform on the field to entertain us and give us something to cheer about and be proud of supporting. The Bills have some needs that need to be filled to be a serious contender. The question is, "Will Ralph spend to fill those holes in the uncapped year?" I believe the answer will be yes. For the following reasons:

1.) Lets face it, Ralph can't live forever. Im sure the guy is itching for a SuperBowl, Im sure the guy wants the city of Buffalo to have a championship before he passes away.

2.) His reputation. Ralph's reputation with the fans right now isn't as positive as it was 10 years ago. Do you think Ralph knows that? Im willing to bet he does.

3.) Hes old, he has tons of money (we all know he does). Why not use that big Toronto deal and use that money on top of the regular cap limit this offseason?

4.) I think he will see this offseason to show the fans of Buffalo that he cares and wants to give us something to cheer about.

With that said, Here are the offseason moves, I personally think will turn the Bills into a playoff contender. (As long as they stay Heathy)

HERE IS WHAT I WOULD DO:

Goodbyes to the Following: Terrell Owens, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Aaron Schobel, Keith Ellison, Donte Whitner, Ashton Youboty, and John McCargo.

Trades: Donte Whitner for a late 2nd Round Selection. Roscoe Parrish for a 6th round selection. If Schobel doesnt retire, trade him to a SuperBowl contender in need of a DE for a 2nd round pick.

Free Agent Signings Richard Seymour (DE in 3-4, DT in 4-3), Aaron Kampman (OLB in 3-4, DE in 4-3), Casey Hampton (DT), and Chris Chambers (WR)

The Draft (Rounds 1-3): (Including precticted trades from above obtaining 2 second rounders)

1st Round: Bryan Bulaga (OT-Iowa)

2nd Round: Brandon LaFell (WR-LSU)

2nd Round: Tony Pike (QB-Cincinnati)

2nd Round: Terrence Cody (DT- Alabama) **groom to replace Hampton

3rd Round: Kyle Calloway (OT-Iowa)

Now with that said, Heres the Buffalo Bills 2010-2011 Starting Roster:

Defense: (3-4)

DE- Marcus Stroud (He claims he can play this spot)

NT- Casey Hampton

DE- Richard Seymour

OLB- Aaron Kampman

ILB- Kawika Mitchell

ILB- Paul Posluszny

OLB- Aaron Maybin (Heres his shot)

CB- Terrence McGee

CB- Leodis McKelvin

SS- Jarius Byrd

FS- Bryan Scott

Backups: DE's- Kyle Williams and Spencer Johnson, NT- Terrence Cody, OLB- Chris Draft, Nic Harris and Bryan Scott, ILB- Ashlee Palmer and Marcus Buggs, CB's- Drayton Florence, Reggie Corner and Cary Harris, SS- John Wendling, FS- George Wilson.

Offense:

QB- Brian Brohm

RB- Fred Jackson

TE- Shawn Nelson

LT- Bryan Bulaga

LG- Andy Levitre

C- Geoff Hartgartner (Until Eric Wood is healthy)

RG- Richie Incognito

RT- Brad Butler

TE- Derek Fine

WR- Lee Evans

WR- Chris Chambers

Backups: QB- Tony Pike and Trent Edwards, RB- Marshawn Lynch and Xavier Oman, TE- Derek Shouman, WR- Brandon LaFell, James Hardy and Steve Johnson, OT's- Kyle Calloway and Demetrius Bell, OG's- Eric Wood (Starter @ C, backup OG), Jonathan Scott and Jamon Meredith, C- Geoff Hartgartner.

Special Teams:

K- Rian Lindell

P- Brain Moorman

LS- Garrison Sanborn

PR- Fred Jackson

KR- Leodis McKelvin

This is the starting roster that I would love to see at opening kickoff of week 1 in the 2010-2011 season. I know some people wont agree with my thoughts, but this is what I would like to see happen.

Tell me what you guys think and what you guys would like to see happen. Lets have a healthy debate and discussion here.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trades: Donte Whitner for a late 2nd Round Selection. Roscoe Parrish for a 6th round selection. If Schobel doesnt retire, trade him to a SuperBowl contender in need of a DE for a 2nd round pick.

Oy, I'm not even sure where to begin.

We'd be very lucky to get a 4th for Donte, a 3rd for Schobel, and a pack of chewing gum for Roscoe.

We could only wish brother.

I like the Chambers idea and most of your other FA ideas. Don't count on the Seymour trade or Terrence Cody being there, but who knows..

I wonder about Lynch. He won't want to be second fiddle next year and will look to get traded or start. If he can earn the starting job great. If not, draft somebody and trade the SOB. Would be sad though to see him move on and do well like McGahee because we all know that is more than likely the case. Nice post.

Oy, I'm not even sure where to begin.

We'd be very lucky to get a 4th for Donte, a 3rd for Schobel, and a pack of chewing gum for Roscoe.

People highly underrate Donte.. I think hes judged based upon where he was drafted. He isnt the top 10 pick we used on him.. But if we took him in the second round, hes a good player. Im sure a team would give up a late 2nd or an early 3rd for him. Schobel has been one of the top pass rushers in the NFL since 2000, a team that is missing that pass rush presence would give up late 2nd rounder or early 3rd rounder for him. And Roscoe, he is a game changer, that in the right offense can be explosive and a 35-50 reception #3 WR. Im sure a team that needs an explosive deep route runner and an explosive KR/PR would give up a 6th rounder for him.

We could only wish brother.

I like the Chambers idea and most of your other FA ideas. Don't count on the Seymour trade or Terrence Cody being there, but who knows..

I wonder about Lynch. He won't want to be second fiddle next year and will look to get traded or start. If he can earn the starting job great. If not, draft somebody and trade the SOB. Would be sad though to see him move on and do well like McGahee because we all know that is more than likely the case. Nice post.

Seymour is a free agent therefore no trade is neccessary to put him in a Bills uniform. Just matters on how much the Bills are willing to spend. And Terrence Cody, I think he will be drafted in the late 2nd round or early 3rd round because of him not being a every down player. He is a dominate force against the run and has amazing size for a NT but his conditioning and stamina is a concern, he is slow and has little pass rush ability and he plays really high at times.

And i really dont see us trading Lynch because Jackson is alittle old, he might not have alot of NFL mileage on him, but he did play in NFL Europe for a few season (I believe) and players do get slower as they get older, well most do.

Man, You Are long WINDED !!!! :wallbash:

haha, sorry man. I was alittle bored, and wanted to share my thoughts lol

I'd pray to god none of the LB get hurt

yes i agree but i think Marcus Buggs and Bryan Scott and Ashlee Palmer filled in decently at LB last season. But im sure they will draft some LB's in the draft, in the mid or late rounds.

Here are some errors in your thinking:

1) Its already been reported numerous times that an uncapped year is going to lead to teams spending LESS not more. With no cap, there is also no floor. That means lots of teams are gonna take this time to load up their profitability instead of spending 2 million dollars on that 4th receiver, just to meet the salary cap floor. Player agents and the NFLPA think the reduction will be in the neighborhood of $300-600 million!!! That is a lot of guap going to the owners instead of the players.

2) There is gonna be noone worth spending money on in an uncapped year. All the good players will be restricted, since becoming a UFA will take 6 years and not 4. Who is gonna be willing to spend 5 million a year on a journeyman player who likely will be the best player at his position in free agency?

With the "uncapped" year, also comes the "unfloored" year. Teams used to have a minimum that had to spend, and now they dont. I could see Ralph spending even less.

You will see all but a couple spend a lot less. With a lockout possible, teams will spend much less this year.

With the "uncapped" year, also comes the "unfloored" year. Teams used to have a minimum that had to spend, and now they dont. I could see Ralph spending even less.

Start with gutting the big contracts on the DL - and replace them with low budget scrubs

then blame it on the move to the 3-4

Here are some errors in your thinking:

1) Its already been reported numerous times that an uncapped year is going to lead to teams spending LESS not more. With no cap, there is also no floor. That means lots of teams are gonna take this time to load up their profitability instead of spending 2 million dollars on that 4th receiver, just to meet the salary cap floor. Player agents and the NFLPA think the reduction will be in the neighborhood of $300-600 million!!! That is a lot of guap going to the owners instead of the players.

2) There is gonna be noone worth spending money on in an uncapped year. All the good players will be restricted, since becoming a UFA will take 6 years and not 4. Who is gonna be willing to spend 5 million a year on a journeyman player who likely will be the best player at his position in free agency?

1.) I am aware of that, BUT NOT ALL teams are going to spend less. Some teams will see this as an oppurtunity to try to land a few players they normally couldnt afford in a capped year. Teams like the Bills that have something to prove, would like to go out and spend some case to improve their teams. And could you please provide "numberous" links where that has been reported? Because I have seen 2-3 "opinion" / "speculation" reports where so called "experts" thought it would happen. But, not every team is going to sit back and let FA go by without signing a few players to help there team out

2.) All the players I listed as free agent signings are UFA's..... and there are a handful of good UFA's, BUT there arent as many as there would be if it was a capped year.

My opinion is my opinion, dont say that my opinions are wrong based on what you think and what a few media outlets think

You will see all but a couple spend a lot less. With a lockout possible, teams will spend much less this year.

Yes.. and hopefully the Bills are one of those teams that don't spend less. Because we have some holes to fill, and we are switching defensive schemes, and need to have players that fit that scheme change.

And the Bills should see this as an opprutunity to go out and sign a few top FA's without tooo much competition. Because of the fear of a lockout