Quicker Turn Around Than most think

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) I am aware of that, BUT NOT ALL teams are going to spend less. Some teams will see this as an oppurtunity to try to land a few players they normally couldnt afford in a capped year. Teams like the Bills that have something to prove, would like to go out and spend some case to improve their teams. And could you please provide "numberous" links where that has been reported? Because I have seen 2-3 "opinion" / "speculation" reports where so called "experts" thought it would happen. But, not every team is going to sit back and let FA go by without signing a few players to help there team out

No revenue sharing means about 12 million less dollars to spend.

Man, You Are long WINDED !!!! :wallbash:

he is also an idiot and lost any credability when he moved Byrd to SS thus removing his ability to roam and put a tackling machine at FS I don't think it was an error I just don't think you know what your talking about especially when Schobel would make a much better 3-4 OLB than Kampman.

You won't get this for these guys, more likely a 4th for Whitner and if you're lucky maybe a 3rd for Schobel.

don't trade Schobel move himto OLB and NE got a 1st for Seymour I do believe and although there are alot of idiots on these boards that do not respect Schobel the rest of the league and the people who know what they are talking about do.

I think you're kidding yourself about him opening up his pockets to the extent that you expect. Ralph has showed that when the team is successful, he'll go right up to the salary cap and even give some bonuses so that he spent more than cash to cap in one year.

But when the team is not successful, he doesn't. This seems reasonable to me. When the product your minions are producing is bad, why would you give those same minions extra cash? When they prove themselves, he might - might - open his wallet a bit more.

Ralph has spent the way he has because he is a businessman and a good one, and businessmen limit expenses. It's really as simple as that, and it's particularly if none of the people spending his money has proven themselves, and nobody since Butler has even come close to proving himself.

Oh, and as for your trades, you might get a second or even a late first for Schobel if he were younger and not considering retirement. But under these circumstances, his value is severely reduced. And a second for Whitner is highly unlikely, as Whitner is a workaday safety, a good team guy, a solid player, but just not a standout so far in his career. No way you get a second for him. The way you look at trades is this. Ask yourself, OK, we need a safety and Whitner is on another team. Do I give a second-rounder for Donte Whitner? This keeps you from posting unreasonable trades.

don't trade Schobel move himto OLB and NE got a 1st for Seymour I do believe and although there are alot of idiots on these boards that do not respect Schobel the rest of the league and the people who know what they are talking about do.

It's very unlikely that Schobel will want to switch positions. And since the skill he would need in his new position are very different from the ones he has demonstrated at DE, it's far from a given that he will be any good.

The minute you start talking about switching a guy to a position he has never played before you have a huge chance of failure.

And Schobel has been a terrific player, I agree, and is wildly undervalued here on the boards by many. But his age plays into his trade value, and so does the fact that he is seriously considering retirement. Even if he plays next year, there is no guarantee he'll play the year after that. We couldn't get a lot for him.

i think we could do something like trade schobel and 9 to the giants for their 15 and 37 pick...still get bulaga at 15 hope for a drop of spikes and cody to take with the two rd 2 picks...

I think you might find that our 9 is already worth their 15 and 37

If I'm not mistaken, the Bills Super Bowl years were all uncapped years -- proof that a small market team can play with the big guys in an uncapped market.

Yeah, but that was before the age of luxury boxes and the huge streams of revenue that now go to the big market teams. That was long ago and far away, and if football went uncapped, it would soon be as competitive as baseball is.

free agency did not exist

It did, actually, and Bruce Smith tried to take advantage of it, and the Bills had to match the offer.

It's very unlikely that Schobel will want to switch positions. And since the skill he would need in his new position are very different from the ones he has demonstrated at DE, it's far from a given that he will be any good.

The minute you start talking about switching a guy to a position he has never played before you have a huge chance of failure.

And Schobel has been a terrific player, I agree, and is wildly undervalued here on the boards by many. But his age plays into his trade value, and so does the fact that he is seriously considering retirement. Even if he plays next year, there is no guarantee he'll play the year after that. We couldn't get a lot for him.

I read somewhere that he would like to play closer to home I also heard he wouldn't appose a positional switch that he had always believed he was more suited to OLB. It may have been on these boards. i will stress again NE got a 1st for Seymour. How old is he?

Yeah, but that was before the age of luxury boxes and the huge streams of revenue that now go to the big market teams. That was long ago and far away, and if football went uncapped, it would soon be as competitive as baseball is.

It did, actually, and Bruce Smith tried to take advantage of it, and the Bills had to match the offer.

got a link i had always believed that they came about at the same time thats why players we aquired were through trades and the draft. They were brought about to create parity. let me know the link I would like to learn more and I always pride myself on my football knowledge.

I finally Googled it myself and your wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18183-n...d-t-free-agency

It technically did exist but it was a joke thats what the strike was all about and in 1993 the player were given free agency as we know it today in exchange for a salary cap. This is what I thought the case was.

Nice Fan fiction... do you seriously think we can get a 2 second round picks for Donte Whitner and Aaron Schobel? Do you think we can get all those free agents you speak of (Kampman maybe but Hampton and Seymour won't be in Buffalo). My idea of what Buffalo should do in the draft is get with pick 9 Brian Buluga and with the 2nd round pick Terrance Cody.

On a 3-4 line the NT is the most important position and if we can get a baby Ted Washington in Cody in round 2. On any O-line LT is the most important position so to get one via pick 9 would be really good at solidifying our troubled unit. Basically the draft build the most important positions on both our lines. Also I would target Rob Gronkowski with our 3rd round pick or trading back into the late 2nd to get him. TE has been a need for a while and the fact that he is local guy helps.

Now free agency is tricky. I would target Kerry Collins and Chad Pennington as my vet QB. Cut or trade Trent for peanuts keep Fitz as the backup and have Brohm sit and learn Gailey's system for one season. Also I would try to keep TO or if TO skips town target Chris Chambers to hold the fort at WR. As far as defense free agency goes I would target Jarvis Green solid guy to rotate at DE in the 3-4.

So my projected starting line up for 2010

O-line Buluga-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler (Backups Bell Meridth Incognito and a mid level FA)

QB Collins/Pennington-Fitz-Brohm

WR- Evans-TO/Chambers-Stevie J-Hardy-late round pick

RB- Jackson-Lynch-Omon-Late round pick

TE- Nelson and Gronkowski

3-4 D

NT- Terrance Cody-Marcus Stroud (Stroud not a true NT but he will be rotating with Cody so its just a temporary measure)

DE- Kyle Williams-Jarvis Green-Spencer Johnson- Vonnie Holiday

MLB- Poz - Mitchel

OLB- Maybin - Schobel

Secondary

CB- Mcgee McKelvin (Florence, Corner, Lankester)

FS- Byrd

SS- Whitner-George Wilson open competition for the spot.

Its not perfect but they improve in the 2 most important positions on the line and they help themselves build up the roster with prudent acquisitions that are actually possible.

i think oyu over value whitner and roscoe by a lot. whitner might get a 5th and roscoe won't get anything better then a 7th. i also dont think the draft falls any where close tow hat you predict. and yobouty is a great 4th CB so you definitely don't get rid of him.

i think oyu over value whitner and roscoe by a lot. whitner might get a 5th and roscoe won't get anything better then a 7th. i also dont think the draft falls any where close tow hat you predict. and yobouty is a great 4th CB so you definitely don't get rid of him.

your opinions are your opinions and my opinions are my opinions.

Nice Fan fiction... do you seriously think we can get a 2 second round picks for Donte Whitner and Aaron Schobel? Do you think we can get all those free agents you speak of (Kampman maybe but Hampton and Seymour won't be in Buffalo). My idea of what Buffalo should do in the draft is get with pick 9 Brian Buluga and with the 2nd round pick Terrance Cody.

Seymour has connections with our new DC

Seymour has connections with our new DC

I think the Raiders will franchise him and keep him. If not then I just don't see us being the place he goes to if he hits the open market. The Raiders aren't going to let a guy they gave up a 1st round pick for go in free agency. If anything they might franchise him and trade him.