Vick = Playoffs

dajari9

Plus a couple of other (simple) moves can get the Bills headed back to the playoffs...

Based on only his athletic ability and track record (not his personal baggage) Vick is twice as good as any QB the Bills currently have on the roster. Although never Peyton Manning or even a Donovan McNabb, Vick was a good QB - a great QB when you factor in his running ability. Now, he is humble and eager to prove to the world that he can come back and be a great starting QB again in this league - and he'll come cheap and motivated.

With Vick as QB, you draft a tackle with the #9 pick and place him at RT (to protect Vick's blindside)...rest of OL sets up like this:

LT - Leveitre

LG - Incognito

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood

Pretty good offensive line...especially if you make this a RUNNING team. With Vick, Jackson and Lynch (who best be motivated or he'll get shown the door with a new regime) the Bills could have one of the top 5 rushing attacks in the league. To round out the offense - pick up a FA #2 possesion receiver (lose J.Reed) so reciever depth (TE too) looks like this:

Lee Evans - 1

FA - 2

Roscoe Parrish (new "offensive" minded coach can bring out his potential??) - 3

Hardy - 4

Johnson - 5

Shawn Nelson (TE)

Derek Schunamen (TE)

Use the rest of the draft on the front 7 now that they're changing to 3-4 Defense - NT and OLB especially - secondary is already top 10 in NFL with good depth. Front 7 can line up like this:

K.Willams (LE)

Draft Pick/Free Agent(NT)

Stroud (RE)

Maybin (OLB)

Poz (ILB)

Mitchell (ILB)

Draft Pick/Free Agent (OLB)

Call me crazy but this team looks pretty good on paper and can play with all 3 teams in the division...

Not too far awfully far off - One glaring exception - Vick. Vick is just a bad quarterback. With a good line, we'd be better off with Edwards.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may come as a shock to some people but hype doesn't always equal talent. Vick is all hype and little talent. Setting aside his character issues for a moment, Vick never did anything as a starting QB. He got the Falcons to the playoffs once. He lacks accuracy. He can't read defenses. He has one skill: scrambling. You can't build an offense around a guy like him. And, by the way, spending two NFL seasons in the slammer did not improve his skills.

So you want the Bills, who have not had a good QB in years, to trade or sign Vick, who lacks every skill the Bills need in a QB? Are you so starved for media attention? Because that's all signing Vick will get the Bills.

PTR

True. It really does irk me Vick is bandied about as a "great" QB.

people that say we are better off with what we have are totally clueless. All of our QB's are TERRIBLE!!! VIck, while may not be great, IS an upgrade. whether or not he can throw doesnt matter, cuz our current QBS cant either.

Those WR's are so terrible now with Matt Ryan. Things really turned around once Vick was gone, showing that they were winning despite him, not because of him

Was roddy white good when he had joey harrington or how bout byron leftwitch or better yet chris redman??? UMMMM NO...he just happend to find how to play in his 5th year and hell he's not top 5 receiver he's good better than his rookie year when mike was there...not to mention peerless price was there was he good? i know you know bout that guy, so its mikes fault he wasnt good? and how can you say they got better when he left? did they get to the nfc championship game yet? I THINK NOT..so until they get there or to the superbowl your quote is highly invalid...and if im not mistaken didnt mike get CHEERED into the game and didnt he get CHEERED when he SCORED WITH A NEW TEAM ON HIS OLD TEAM IN ATLANTA..I think I may have imaged that or something *sarcasm*

Vick = a POS as a person that sucked as an NFL QB, that spent time in jail and during that time lost his ability to be a great athlete which = WE SUCK EVEN FURTHER if we bring this assclown in.

:wallbash::wallbash:

I really wish people would stop fantasizing about this scum bag. He could never win a game with his arm.

The guy is a horrible football player. What has he done that merits the ballwashing? Why do people think it's not important for a QB to be able to throw the ball?

He was on the cover of Madden! He was DOMINATE [sic] in my Madden franchise! I've heard of him!

Was roddy white good when he had joey harrington or how bout byron leftwitch or better yet chris redman??? UMMMM NO...he just happend to find how to play in his 5th year and hell he's not top 5 receiver he's good better than his rookie year when mike was there...not to mention peerless price was there was he good? i know you know bout that guy, so its mikes fault he wasnt good? and how can you say they got better when he left? did they get to the nfc championship game yet? I THINK NOT..so until they get there or to the superbowl your quote is highly invalid...and if im not mistaken didnt mike get CHEERED into the game and didnt he get CHEERED when he SCORED WITH A NEW TEAM ON HIS OLD TEAM IN ATLANTA..I think I may have imaged that or something *sarcasm*

He is a mediocre player- he would fit well with the mediocre bunch that has been assembled in Buffalo

He is a mediocre player- he would fit well with the mediocre bunch that has been assembled in Buffalo

For that reason I don't believe Nix will bring him here.

As to the other mediocre players on The Bills... attention boys: There's a house cleaning coming!

For that reason I don't believe Nix will bring him here.

As to the other mediocre players on The Bills... attention boys: There's a house cleaning coming!

AS I have said- there is no player on the roster who shouldn't be available for the right price.

So I spelled a no-name TE's name wrong, and in my opinion that is a pretty good line.

Who on the current roster is better then Vick? Edwards? Fitz? Brohm -- how would you even know unless he's your cousin? Vick went to pro bowls - he ran for 1,000 yards one year (or pretty damn close). Randall Cunningham was thought to be a one-trick pony as a running QB...he proved everyone wrong in Minnesota and put together some good years after his prime

Cunningham threw for nearly 30,000 yards and over 200 TDs--nearly all of that in Philly. Wow--what a horrible comparison. But not nearly as bad as......

Steve Young??? You're comparing Vick to Young? They are only similar in that they both have a "v" somewhere in their names. What a joke!

Look, NO TEAM needs a QB who can rush for 1000 yards per year. They need a QB who an throw 3000. What do you think this is, the Big 12 in the 80's?? Maybe we can get Turner Gil to come to Buffalo---as our QB! Oh, wait, they don't run the option offense in the NFL.

I would bring Vick in as punt returner.

Next....

Wow. Its fitting that you have Lynch as your avatar and handle. You write like him. I can't understand what your point is because of the extremely poor sentence construction and preponderance of run on sentences.

Wow. Its fitting that you have Lynch as your avatar and handle. You write like him. I can't understand what your point is because of the extremely poor sentence construction and preponderance of run on sentences.

That really isn't necessary. You clearly don't like his opinion, which means you more than understand it.

Tacky personal insults really aren't needed to get a differing point across.

That really isn't necessary. You clearly don't like his opinion, which means you more than understand it.

Tacky personal insults really aren't needed to get a differing point across.

Yeah, you could have just stopped at he has Lynch as his avatar. That would have gotten the point across.

LOL seriously...wow...I apologize for not being and english major, how bout I send you all my BLOGS to proof read ms. wall street journal editor and chief..would that make you feel better about your life? :( .... ON TO THE NEXT ONE...

Yeah, you could have just stopped at he has Lynch as his avatar. That would have gotten the point across.

You must be bored cuz your co-sign for that comment was unnecessary. What does an avatar have to do with my point? If that was the case wheres yours? cant figure out how to get one? does that make you computer illiterate? nawww it proves your life is meaningless...