ULTIMATE SUPER BOWL MENU THREAD

bartshan-83

My wife will make a delicious beef brisket chili. I'll make wings, cooked to perfection (which is 15 minutes longer than when the first person asks 'are they done yet'?).

:thumbdown:

Don't you want to stick that guys hand in the oil to shut him the @#$% up?

This is just a suggestion and only a suggestion so dont flame me. But if you want to knock out some sodium and make it a tad healthier I use ground turkey breast and hot diced tomatoes. Its friggin unreal. My sister makes it with the sausage and its just as good but I feel like its too salty especially with the salty chips.

You know that's a good call. I'm a big fan of ground turkey breast in general as a beef substitute. I agree that the salt can get overbearing when combing it with the chips. Still great though...

i end up accidentally drinking 15 beers....oh wait.

I know, right? I hate it when that happens...

Does anyone have suggestions for tasty, nutritious snacks made with no processed food?

hummus, naan bread, beet salad, roasted veggies, sopes, pickled carrots, guacamole, salsa, capri salad, tuna canapes, salmon, etc

Asian lettuce wraps with either marinaded beef strips or Char siu (BBQ Pork, asian style)

2 difference dipping sauces with plenty of sides

Curried Cauliflower

Popcorn

Oh yes... Baked Brie with Fig compote with cracker. Otherwise, it'd be too darned healthy!

Asian lettuce wraps with either marinaded beef strips or Char siu (BBQ Pork, asian style)

2 difference dipping sauces with plenty of sides

Curried Cauliflower

Popcorn

Oh yes... Baked Brie with Fig compote with cracker. Otherwise, it'd be too darned healthy!

If you don't do it this way wrap the brie in puff dough before you bake it. :(

Seeing that I knew I'd be snowed in today (25 inches at last check) and wanted to do a nice hearty, winter meal, I decided to go with Matty T's suggestion and do a Guinness Chili. I found a recipe online I liked and modified it a bit. Just finished my first bowl after 6+ hours of slow-cooking. Not bad at all. I'll definitely bring the rest to the in-laws tomorrow (if we get can get out). Anyway, here is the recipe:

- 1 lb. stew meat

- 1 lb. ground beef (the recipe called for 97/3 but since the crazies were in full-effect at the grocey store, all I could get was 80/20)

- 1 lb. smoked sausage

- 1 white onion (chopped)

- 6 oz tomato paste

- 48 oz canned diced tomatoes w/ green chilies

- 1 can black beans

- 1 can red beans

- 1 can kidney beans

Rub

- 1/2 T paprika

- 2 T chili pepper

- 2 T chipotle seasoning

- 3 T cumin

- 1/2 T crushed red pepper

- 1/2 t black pepper

Drain and rinse the beans and soak them in a pint of Guinness overnight

Brown the ground beef cut the sausage into small pieces and then put the three meats into a pot and soaked in another pint of Guinness for about an hour.

Mix in the tomato paste until well-blended.

Add the rub mix and remaining ingredients

Mix well on medium heat for about 10-15 mins and then bring to a low simmer and cook for several hours. Stir occasionally.

Pretty awesome so far! :(