Matthews has Lost his mind

Dr. Trooth

Matthews (D&C) says Bills must take Claussen @ #9 if he's there. Says Claussen is brash has a big and accurate arm. Goes on to say that he's 16-18 as a starter @ ND.... but, he played behind a bad O line. He doesn't mention that he was mentored by Charlie Weiss.

For Christ sake... Fitzpatrick as a starter with the Bengals and Bills is 8-10-1 and he played behind putrid offensive lines in both places... but Matthews doesn't mention that or cut Fitz any slack or mention the coaching and OC situation.

If you wash Claussen's balls @16-18 with ND, how the f**k can you disparage Fitzpatrick @ 8-10-1 with the Bills & Bengals?

Tell it like it really is. Both QBs suck. Neither is going to bring the Bills to be a playoff team.

Matthews says Bills must take Claussen @ #9 if he's there. Says Claussen is brash has a big and accurate arm. Goes on to say that he's 16-18 as a starter @ ND.... but, he played behind a bad O line. He doesn't mention that he was mentored by Charlie Weiss.

For Christ sake... Fitzpatrick as a starter with the Bengals and Bills is 8-10-1 and he played behind putrid offensive lines in both places... but Matthews doesn't mention that or cut Fitz any slack or mention the coaching and OC situation.

If you wash Claussen's balls @16-18 with ND, how the f**k can you disparage Fitzpatrick @ 8-10-1 with the Bills & Bengals?

Tell it like it really is. Both QBs suck. Neither is going to bring the Bills to be a playoff team.

SO basically this post is just a B ;) ch fest and provides nothign to enlighten.

SO let me try.

Clausen played behind a terrible o-line and had NO, NADA and zilch defense, and he was playing in College, had been coached to play a pro style ofense, adn is the "Most NFL ready" by many standards.

Fitzpatrick did his losing in the pros where he has had the oppertunity to prove he is a starter and has failed.

Matthews (D&C) says Bills must take Claussen @ #9 if he's there. Says Claussen is brash has a big and accurate arm. Goes on to say that he's 16-18 as a starter @ ND.... but, he played behind a bad O line. He doesn't mention that he was mentored by Charlie Weiss.

Weis is a good thing but the kid needs a great O-line to learn behind and he won't get that here.

Clausen is NOT a franchise guy. If he were a franchise guy we would be talking about him as a top five pick. It would be a waste of the 9 pick to pick either clausen or bradford. Neither one of them is that good, and we have a putrid offensive line that needs one of the two very good LT's that will be available at 9.

Clausen is NOT a franchise guy. If he were a franchise guy we would be talking about him as a top five pick. It would be a waste of the 9 pick to pick either clausen or bradford. Neither one of them is that good, and we have a putrid offensive line that needs one of the two very good LT's that will be available at 9.

I probably forgot a few guys here, but plenty of "franchise guys" have been drafted outside the top 10...

Name					School		  Round
Peyton Manning		  Tennessee	   1st (#1 overall)
Matt Ryan			   BC			  1st (#1 overall)
Carson Palmer		   USC			 1st (#1 overall)
Eli Manning			 Ole Miss		1st (#1 overall)
JaMarcus Russell		LSU			 1st (#1 overall)
Alex Smith			  Cal			 1st (#1 overall)
Donovan McNabb		  Syracuse		1st (#2...right after Tim Couch)
Philip Rivers		   NC State		1st (#4 overall)

After the 9th pick:
Jay Cutler			  Vandy		   1st (#11 pick)
Ben Roethlisberger	  Miami of Ohio   1st (#11 pick)
Aaron Rogers			Cal			 1st (#24 pick)
Jason Campbell		  Auburn		  1st (#28 pick)
Joe Flacco			  Delaware		1st (#18 pick)
Chad Pennington		 Marshall		1st (#18 pick)

Later Rounds:
Brett Favre			 S Miss		  2nd
Drew Brees			  Purdue		  2nd
Matt Schaub			 Virginia		3rd
Kyle Orton			  Purdue		  4th
David Garrard		   E Carolina	  4th
Matt Hasselbeck		 BC			  6th
Tom Brady*			  Michigan		6th
Matt Cassel			 USC			 7th
Kurt Warner			 N Iowa		  Undrafted
Tony Romo			   E Illinois	  Undrafted

Bills:
Trent Edwards		   Stanford		3rd
Ryan Fitzpatrick		Harvard		 7th
Brian Brohm			 Louisville	  2nd

He lost behind a bad offensive line in college...so he's expected to win in the NFL behind a bad offensive line. You are correct, the logic is flawed

As a Notre Dame fan I've seen enough of Jimmy Clausen. Wish him the best of luck, but don't want to see him as a Bill.

can you please post this in the other 80 post about the virtures of drafting clausen

As a Notre Dame fan I've seen enough of Jimmy Clausen. Wish him the best of luck, but don't want to see him as a Bill.

Now, this puzzles me. I get the bashing of people who parrot W/L record, throw out Brady Quinn's name and can't even manage to spell 'Clausen' without seven "Ss." Those people obviously didn't see him play so their opinions can be brushed off lightly.

But you are the first ND fan I've come across that doesn't like Jimmy's game. Maybe you could expound on what you mean, but I'm at a loss as to what you observed him doing poorly this season.

I probably forgot a few guys here, but plenty of "franchise guys" have been drafted outside the top 10...

Name					School		  Round
Peyton Manning		  Tennessee	   1st (#1 overall)
Matt Ryan			   BC			  1st (#1 overall)
Carson Palmer		   USC			 1st (#1 overall)
Eli Manning			 Ole Miss		1st (#1 overall)
JaMarcus Russell		LSU			 1st (#1 overall)
Alex Smith			  Cal			 1st (#1 overall)
Donovan McNabb		  Syracuse		1st (#2...right after Tim Couch)
Philip Rivers		   NC State		1st (#4 overall)

After the 9th pick:
Jay Cutler			  Vandy		   1st (#11 pick)
Ben Roethlisberger	  Miami of Ohio   1st (#11 pick)
Aaron Rogers			Cal			 1st (#24 pick)
Jason Campbell		  Auburn		  1st (#28 pick)

Joe Flacco			  Delaware		1st (#18 pick)
Chad Pennington		 Marshall		1st (#18 pick)

Later Rounds:
Brett Favre			 S Miss		  2nd
Drew Brees			  Purdue		  2nd
Matt Schaub			 Virginia		3rd
Kyle Orton			  Purdue		  4th
David Garrard		   E Carolina	  4th
Matt Hasselbeck		 BC			  6th
Tom Brady*			  Michigan		6th
Matt Cassel			 USC			 7th
Kurt Warner			 N Iowa		  Undrafted
Tony Romo			   E Illinois	  Undrafted

Bills:
Trent Edwards		   Stanford		3rd
Ryan Fitzpatrick		Harvard		 7th
Brian Brohm			 Louisville	  2nd

Interesting combo of several years drafts but has nothing to do with this years draft.

Matthews (D&C) says Bills must take Claussen @ #9 if he's there. Says Claussen is brash has a big and accurate arm. Goes on to say that he's 16-18 as a starter @ ND.... but, he played behind a bad O line.

And you should take a Rochester paper as gospel when it comes to analyzing a Midwest college football program. :)

Clausen is an outstanding QB and his O-line was fine last year. Anyone who watched ND at all knows their W-L sucked because Charlie Weis doesn't know a damn thing about defense. QBs in the draft are always a crap shoot, but he's as good a bet as your going to see.

Now, this puzzles me. I get the bashing of people who parrot W/L record, throw out Brady Quinn's name and can't even manage to spell 'Clausen' without seven "Ss."

Same for Wiesss. ;)

Calling Bob Matthews an idiot is insulting to idiots.

PTR

I wrote Bob Matthews a letter when I was 12 years old (I am 28 now) when he was actually relevent in the Rochester sports scene talking about my plans to bring a minor league basketball team to Rochester (I have wanted to be a GM since I was about 6, lol). He read the letter, stating I was 12, and wrote back a scathing, derogatory letter. I understand what he was saying but Rochester does have a minor league team now and what adult does that to a 12 year old with an at least well though out plan for their age. He's always been a loser and always will be. Still got the letter at my parents house.

Calling Bob Matthews an idiot is insulting to idiots.

PTR

While I don't agree with Matthews very often, at least he always has something sports related to talk about. No actor draft, doesn't go on for hours about a movie he saw, etc.

So, what you're saying is.... You're not a franchise qb unless you're being predicted to go top 5? FIrst and foremost, MANY mock drafts have him going top 5. Whether or not he is worthy is opinion. I don't remember people talking about Brady, brees, warner, Montana, moon, roethlisberger, hasselback, favre, Ryan, flacco, Marino (my fingers will fall off if I type all the franchise qbs that weren't in the discussion to be the number 1 pick) being the #1 pick.

Delete you post man....it's real bad.

SO basically this post is just a B :thumbdown: ch fest and provides nothign to enlighten.

SO let me try.

Clausen played behind a terrible o-line and had NO, NADA and zilch defense, and he was playing in College, had been coached to play a pro style ofense, adn is the "Most NFL ready" by many standards.

Fitzpatrick did his losing in the pros where he has had the oppertunity to prove he is a starter and has failed.

well maybe u r right re Clausen..time will tell. But Fitz--altho an untalented QB skillwise--does happen to win games--and altho he is not an NFL starter he doesnt lose a lot of games like his more talented colleagues do(Cutler,Bledsoe etal)

I wrote Bob Matthews a letter when I was 12 years old (I am 28 now) when he was actually relevent in the Rochester sports scene talking about my plans to bring a minor league basketball team to Rochester (I have wanted to be a GM since I was about 6, lol). He read the letter, stating I was 12, and wrote back a scathing, derogatory letter. I understand what he was saying but Rochester does have a minor league team now and what adult does that to a 12 year old with an at least well though out plan for their age. He's always been a loser and always will be. Still got the letter at my parents house.

And Rochester now has one of the more successful minor league basketball franchises in the Razor Sharks. (Owned by an old acquaintance, I only recently found out.) I always thought Bob was wired different.

PTR