T.O. disses the B-Lo in Miami

weehawk

Eh, we trashed Greggg Williams for a "cold Buffalo" comment a few days ago, so this is just equal-opportunity smiting.

I was far more entertained by the columnist, especially after discovering that his hometown's claim to fame is the North Carolina Apple Festival. They apparently even put it on the "Welcome to Henderson County" signs. How can Buffalo hope to compare?

;)

easy, come up with a motto of our own:

"Hey, we got Apples, too!"

"T.O. never dissed Henderson County like he has Buffalo!"

"Buffalo: Now Greggo-free since 2003!"

"Buffalo: If it's too cold, you're too thin-skinned!"

"Welcome to Buffalo (except the guy from the Henderson paper who wrote a column about us that we didn't like very much)."

"Welcome to Buffalo: Peace Bridge debate still raging."

Or, as Jon Stewart told the crowd at UB a few years back:

"Welcome to Buffalo, the Gateway to Fort Erie."

sorry, little punchy today. enough procrastinating.

jw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

easy, come up with a motto of our own:

"Hey, we got Apples, too!"

"T.O. never dissed Henderson County like he has Buffalo!"

"Buffalo: Now Greggo-free since 2003!"

"Buffalo: If it's too cold, you're too thin-skinned!"

"Welcome to Buffalo (except the guy from the Henderson paper who wrote a column about us that we didn't like very much)."

"Welcome to Buffalo: Peace Bridge debate still raging."

Or, as Jon Stewart told the crowd at UB a few years back:

"Welcome to Buffalo, the Gateway to Fort Erie."

sorry, little punchy today. enough procrastinating.

jw

Peace Bridge II: We WILL build it ... someday ... maybe ...

Couple of those are workable. Hey, maybe you should consider writing for a living. ;)

(Re:GW, over on Sal M's Facebook page, someone you might know replied to his tweet about Bruce Dehaven with something along the lines of, "Good that he's back, and good that Gregg Williams isn't.")

Newsflash: There are a whole lot of people who prefer sunny weather to winter. Or we could take it personally.

This **** never gets old. ;)

I know right!

Hell I'd like to get out of the cold in Charlotte NC right now...I can just imagine what it's like up there...This just in...It's freaking cold in WNY... :)

I live in Daytona Beach, never been to Buffalo but I am a die hard Bills fan since I was about 8 yrs old. Judging from the games on TV, and the way people on TSW talk about the winters up there, I wouldn't want to live there either.

A LOT of us love sledding, skiing, ice skating, or snow shoeing (the last being my favorite). After a fresh snowfall, there is nothing like the dampered silence of snow blanketing everything.

But I would be a liar if I did not say I also love sitting by a warm fire after enjoying the cold air outside! :)

February would be a great month to live in Puerto Vallarta. ;)

It feels great. Anything I can do to get out of that cold in Buffalo, it's great,'' Owens said Wednesday during his party at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.

It also means that T.O does not consider Buffalo part of his past. Buffalo is part of his present.

A LOT of us love sledding, skiing, ice skating, or snow shoeing (the last being my favorite). After a fresh snowfall, there is nothing like the dampered silence of snow blanketing everything.

But I would be a liar if I did not say I also love sitting by a warm fire after enjoying the cold air outside! :)

February would be a great month to live in Puerto Vallarta. ;)

i am heading to florida next week for a trip to the Florida keys (via Naples). i check the weather forecast daily in hopes of a major cold snap so I can get down there, bundle up and hit the sights. if it all comes together, we'll have cold weather, blustery winds will blow and those two red patches on either side of my nose will be raw.

i love wny-----ny in general in fact, but routinely walk around mumbling "this s#it is for $#@!ing eskimos".

i am heading to florida next week for a trip to the Florida keys (via Naples). i check the weather forecast daily in hopes of a major cold snap so I can get down there, bundle up and hit the sights. if it all comes together, we'll have cold weather, blustery winds will blow and those two red patches on either side of my nose will be raw.

i love wny-----ny in general in fact, but routinely walk around mumbling "this s#it is for $#@!ing eskimos".

May you get your wish! ;)

Yes, winter is too long, but if I HATED winter all the time I would move.

Newsflash: There are a whole lot of people who prefer sunny weather to winter. Or we could take it personally.

This **** never gets old. ;)

I am from Buffalo. I live in Austin. I prefer Austin's weather to Buffalo many, many times over.

I love Buffalo. Only Buffalo fans would take that as a dis. I'll be honest, there's a complex going on here. You don't see this constant searching for insult in other cities.

I saw that a week or so ago... it was so poorly written, I figured someone here had already ripped this guy in a thread somewhere...
I've seen better writing in the Amherst Bee. ;)

Oh, you mean, you didn't like all the commas, and, of course, hyphens, placed in every, single sentence?

That article was like a stutter in print.

From rotoworld.com:

"I would like to be a Bill under the right circumstances," Owens said. "I want to compete for a Super Bowl. If the neccessary pieces are put in place for that to happen, then I'll be there." As expected, Ochocinco's "prediction" was far less of a guarantee and more of a playful recruiting tactic.

He hasn't ruled-out a return, which says a lot.

Buffalo would be the best place in the world to live if you could leave Jan 1st thru April 1st. Buffalo is great, but I think 99% of the people in Buffalo would gladly spend Jan Nov thru March April in South Florida

Fixed. :lol: