OT - the Perfect Song

Coach Tuesday

A Love Supreme by Coltrane is probably the second most beautiful song I have ever hear.  I will look for that Psychotic Dung album- thanks for the rec!

131460[/snapback]

No, it's not an album. It's a collection of Lester Bangs' columns for Cream. He was a music critic, and much more. His "reviews" strayed pretty far from just examining/reviewing the concerts or the records he was assigned to cover. More times than not the music was irrelevent or secondary. It's really entertaining stuff. No one writes from the hip like that anymore.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone put a gun to your head and said, "Name the perfect song!", what would yours be?

I'd have to say "Number 13 Baby" by the Pixies.

130893[/snapback]

"Supper's Ready" (all twenty + minutes of it)

Genesis with Peter Gabriel

HAHAHA

You live in ALASKA you !@#$ing idiot.

And you are making fun of me?

131509[/snapback]

BF your posts are so idiotic and insane that I have taken you off ignore for a bit for some laughs. Darin is married you dumbass. Have you tasted kitty yet? That is besides your sheeps? Didnt think so

BF your posts are so idiotic and insane that I have taken you off ignore for a bit for some laughs.  Darin is married you dumbass.  Have you tasted kitty yet?  That is besides your sheeps?  Didnt think so

131515[/snapback]

Please just leave me on your ignore list.

About time you took that avatar of that loser down by the way.

He's married huh? That's good for him. He still lives in probably the worst state in the Union to live in. Do they even have electricity in Alaska?

He's married huh?  That's good for him.  He still lives in probably the worst state in the Union to live in.  Do they even have electricity in Alaska?

131517[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Alaska? Have you travelled much outside Indiana? I know you drive to the Bills games but seriously how much of the US/World have you seen? Just trying to figure out what you are judging Alaska on

He's married huh?  That's good for him.  He still lives in probably the worst state in the Union to live in.  Do they even have electricity in Alaska?

131517[/snapback]

No. It's a terrible place to live. Please don't ever come here.

Have you ever been to Alaska?  Have you travelled much outside Indiana?  I know you drive to the Bills games but seriously how much of the US/World have you seen?  Just trying to figure out what you are judging Alaska on

131520[/snapback]

I've been to the following states.

Indiana

Ohio

Michigan

Kentucky

Tennessee

Louisiana

Alabama

Florida

Minnesota

Illinois

Pennsylvania

New York

New Jersey

Arizona

California

Texas

Oklahoma

Nevada

Wyoming

Iowa

Missouri

Georgia

Utah

Colorado

Kansas

Wisconsin

By my count that's half the Union. I might even be forgetting a few, so yes I've been out of Indiana.

No, it's not an album.  It's a collection of Lester Bangs' columns for Cream.  He was a music critic, and much more.  His "reviews" strayed pretty far from just examining/reviewing the concerts or the records he was assigned to cover.  More times than not the music was irrelevent or secondary.  It's really entertaining stuff.  No one writes from the hip like that anymore.

131463[/snapback]

I have been reading some of the Lester Bangs stuff online tonight- good stuff! One of the sights said he was a cross between Hunter S Thompson, Charles Butowski and Jack Keruac. I have been surfing Coltrane sights too. Holy stevestojan- I have never been on www.johncoltrane.com It cranks out all his greatest works in its entirity. Coltrane was the smoothest mofo ever!