OT - the Perfect Song

Coach Tuesday

Just one???

Because I can't follow instructions...

Alice In Chains "I Stay Away"

Jeff Buckley "Lover, You Should've Come Over"

For all you Metal Heads, and you know who you are, I always thought Metal Church's "God's Of Wrath" was the perfect Metal Song...

P.S. I LOVE these Threads!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevestojan, so many songs, but if i had to pick one, it would have to be suppers ready by genesis, takes up all of side 2 on nursery chryme, i have loved that song for ever!

131516[/snapback]

Not to be picky, but Supper's Ready was on Foxtrot, not Nursery Crime.

Nursery Crime had the Musical Box

Just one???

Because I can't follow instructions...

Jeff Buckley "Lover, You Should've Come Over"

For all you Metal Heads, and you know who you are, I always thought Metal Church's "God's Of Wrath" was the perfect Metal Song...

P.S. I LOVE these Threads!

131620[/snapback]

Jar of Flies is one of my favorite albums. My copy was scatched to death and I hadnt listened to it for about a year. My buddy burned me a copy last weekend- I am glad to have that baby back in rotation. I need to pick up some Jeff Buckley. I am not that familiar with him but have heard him recomended many times and I like that type of music

Jar of Flies is one of my favorite albums.  My copy was scatched to death and I hadnt listened to it for about a year.  My buddy burned me a copy last weekend- I am glad to have that baby back in rotation.  I need to pick up some Jeff Buckley.  I am not that familiar with him but have heard him recomended many times and I like that type of music

131622[/snapback]

I just can't say enough about Buckley! What a waste that he is gone...He was just getting started...Do yourself a HUGE favor and pick up "Grace." Once you listen to that a bit you'll want everything Buckley you can get your hands on!

AIC is my all time favorite Band...The only thing I don't have is the Box Set, and I'm picking that up soon!! B)

Jar of Flies is one of my favorite albums.  My copy was scatched to death and I hadnt listened to it for about a year.  My buddy burned me a copy last weekend- I am glad to have that baby back in rotation.  I need to pick up some Jeff Buckley.  I am not that familiar with him but have heard him recomended many times and I like that type of music

131622[/snapback]

Buckley is good, but Nick Drake is much much better, IMHO.

If someone put a gun to your head and said, "Name the perfect song!", what would yours be?

"Take Good Care Of My Baby" - Bobby Vee

-Artist: Bobby Vee from "Very Best Of Bobby Vee"-United Artists-UA LA332E

-peak Billboard position # 1 in 1961

-Words and Music by Gerry Goffin and Carole King

My tears are fallin' 'cause you've taken her away

And though it really hurts me so

There's something that I've gotta say

Take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Please don't ever make her blu-u-u-ue

Just tell her that you love her

Make sure you're thinking of her

In everything you say and do-o-o-o

Aww, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Now don't you ever make her cry-y-y-y

Just let your love surround her

Paint a rainbow all around her

Don't let her see a cloudy sky

Once upon a time that little girl was mine

If I'd been true, I know she'd never be with you

So, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Be just as kind as you can be-e-e-e

And if you should discover

That you don't really love her

Just send my baby back home to me

<very brief instrumental break>

Well, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Be just as kind as you can be-e-e-e

And if you should discover

That you don't really love her

Just send my baby back home to me

Aww, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Well, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

FADE

Just, take good care of my ba-a-a-by

Transcribed by Robin Hood

These lyrics were transcribed from the specific recording mentioned above

and do not necessarily correspond with lyrics from other recordings, sheet

music, songbooks or lyrics printed on album jackets.

Guest Guest_oregonmark_*
"Supper's Ready" (all twenty + minutes of it)

Genesis with Peter Gabriel

131493[/snapback]

Right on ! Old Genesis....nothing else past or present can or will compare. Love that whole 70's progressive rock era. King Crimson, ELP, Yes great concerts, great memories.

Did anyone ever go see Pegasus, mid seventies prog band in Buffalo. McVans?

If I was going in the direction of the Grateful Dead, I would lean towards "Eyes of the World."

131396[/snapback]

Not a bad choice at all. I tend to be partial to what's on Workingman's Dead, though. Uncle John's Band, New Speedway Boogie, Dire Wolf...

---------

It's amazing how many people absolutely love their stuff. My favorite band ever as well. Never got to see them in concert but I got to see Jerry Cantrell with Metallica in 1998. He rocked.

131650[/snapback]

Saw AIC twice...Layne's voice was SO powerful! Damn I miss that guy!

Saw Jerry last year at a big local club. He was awesome! Played quite a few AIC songs..."Rooster," "Rain, When I Die,""Got Me Wrong," and "No Excuses" are the one's I can remember...If you don't have it yet pick up his last Solo project...It's a 2 CD set called "Degradation Trip Vol's 1&2" It's very good...No Layne, but Jerry still Rocks!

I need to pick up some Jeff Buckley.  I am not that familiar with him but have heard him recomended many times and I like that type of music

131622[/snapback]

I had never heard of him before I posted on this forum soliciting music recommendations.....a few people mentioned him, so I went ahead and picked up a copy of Grace. The whole albumn is very good, and he's amazingly talented......his rendition of 'Hallelujah' is so emotional that I never tire of listening to it. Now that I understand the lyrics better (reference the story of King David), the song is a masterpiece in my mind. He did not author it, but he made it all his own in his delivery.

I had never heard of him before I posted on this forum soliciting music recommendations.....a few people mentioned him, so I went ahead and picked up a copy of Grace. The whole albumn is very good, and he's amazingly talented......his rendition of 'Hallelujah' is so emotional that I never tire of listening to it. Now that I understand the lyrics better (reference the story of King David), the song is a masterpiece in my mind. He did not author it, but he made it all his own in his delivery.

131657[/snapback]

I remember your original post...I was the 1st to recommend Buckley to you, as I do with anyone who has yet to hear him...Very glad to hear you liked it!

Hallelujah's a Leonard Cohen Song...Buckley was a BIG LC Fan...

I just got "Mystery White Boy," and "Live At Sin-e'..." He was SO good Live also....Just incredible...

I don't know if you have gone to JeffBuckley.com yet, but his Mom has put together a great Web Site with TONS of JB info...Check it out some time... B)

I remember your original post...I was the 1st to recommend Buckley to you, as I do with anyone who has yet to hear him...Very glad to hear you liked it!

I just got "Mystery White Boy," and "Live At Sin-e'..." He was SO good Live also....Just incredible...

I don't know if you have gone to JeffBuckley.com yet, but his Mom has put together a great Web Site with TONS of JB info...Check it out some time... B)

131660[/snapback]

I just ordered Grace. You have to love www.half.com $9.00 brand new

131657[/snapback]

Picked up Buckley's Live at Sin-E expanded edition, and it has some fantastic Dylan covers on it ("I Shall Be Released," "Just Like a Woman," and "If You See Her, Say Hello"). I am a big Dylan fan but Buckley's versions are definitely something special. He simply owned a song while he was singing it. I'm firmly convinced that he probably had one of the great records of all time in him but never got to put it out before his death.

Kudos to whomever mentioned Nick Drake. A big favorite of mine. John Fahey is also amazing; anyone impressed with Drake's playing would be blown away by Fahey. I believe Jimmy Page even admits to ripping Fahey off.

131660[/snapback]

Well in that case, let me thank you again for the recommendation.......I love the CD, and I'm really impressed by his talent. Truly a great tragedy that he's no longer around to contribute more. I love this type of emotional, profound music.....