OT - the Perfect Song

Coach Tuesday

One good album? "Sketches" certainly is not bad considering most of it was recorded in the time JB was given to do 2 Songs with his new Producer...And he was already branching WAY out for a 2nd studio recording IMHO...

Remember too, JB recorded almost everything "Live" including the main vocal track...I mean, he was just getting started so we'll never really know what he was capable of...But what he did in a short time was pretty darn good...

You're 100% correct about the Chicks and Buckley...My current GF was choking back tears the 1st time I played her "Lover, You Should've Come Over..." It's no coincidence what happened after that! My best seduction tool...Jeff Buckley music! B)

132505[/snapback]

And that new producer, Tom Verlaine, was craptacular. He was planning to ceremonially erase all of those tracks with his band and have the producer from "Grace" come down to Memphis. They arrived later in the night when he drowned. He never intended to have the tracks on Sketches actually released. I haven't yet gotten it and don't know if I will. (I have downloaded "Satisfied Mind" tho. Very poignant.)

I enjoy JB'S live-ness compared to most of today's stuff. It's all over his music. I dare everyone to try singing along and see how tired your jaw is, and how you're sucking wind after just singing his title track! (BTW, he carries that "Hallelujah" note for just about a minute and a half over three octaves, IIRC. The recorded version of the song was done in one take.) That he did entire shows of this is amazing.

And yeah, the chicks dig JB. :P. I actually remember in high school, and this is before I first heard him, the absolute hottest chick in the world who I deigned to eat lunch with in junior year spent the hour crying at about the same time. She's now a music education major and playing D-I soccer somewhere.... Wow. Those are some good memories.

Sorry if I'm rambling about it, I just enjoy the music and don't get the chance to discuss it with like-minded people.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there too

131126[/snapback]

I've always been partial to Honky Tonk Woman and Paint it Black!

There's NOBODY like the Stones

This is a fantastic "album".  B)

132366[/snapback]

Album good, song excellent!

"I keep on fighting for the things I want

because I know that when you're dead you can't

I'd rather be a free man in my grave

than living like a butler or a slave

As sure as the sun do shine

I'm gonna get my share of what is mine

The harder they come

the harder they fall one and all"

Absoulutely timeless song...incidently, any you Stones fans out there ever here Keith Richards sing this tune? Flip side of his X-mas single "Run Rudolph Run"...KEEF!!!!!!!!!

And that new producer, Tom Verlaine, was craptacular. He was planning to ceremonially erase all of those tracks with his band and have the producer from "Grace" come down to Memphis. They arrived later in the night when he drowned. He never intended to have the tracks on Sketches actually released. I haven't yet gotten it and don't know if I will. (I have downloaded "Satisfied Mind" tho. Very poignant.)

I enjoy JB'S live-ness compared to most of today's stuff. It's all over his music. I dare everyone to try singing along and see how tired your jaw is, and how you're sucking wind after just singing his title track! (BTW, he carries that "Hallelujah" note for just about a minute and a half over three octaves, IIRC. The recorded version of the song was done in one take.) That he did entire shows of this is amazing.

And yeah, the chicks dig JB. :P. I actually remember in high school, and this is before I first heard him, the absolute hottest chick in the world who I deigned to eat lunch with in junior year spent the hour crying at about the same time. She's now a music education major and playing D-I soccer somewhere.... Wow. Those are some good memories.

Sorry if I'm rambling about it, I just enjoy the music and don't get the chance to discuss it with like-minded people.

132808[/snapback]

Ramble on (great tune also...) Brother! It's great to hear from fellow Buckley Fans right here on TSW...When I get into these Buckley or AIC conversations it's like the best of both worlds. The Bills and my favorite music combined! Don't get any better than that! B)