OT - the Perfect Song

Coach Tuesday

First one that came to mind:  "Ripple" by the Grateful Dead.

131223[/snapback]

How about Ripples/Genesis about 100 times more talented then sissy dylan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the following states.

Indiana

Ohio

Michigan

Kentucky

Tennessee

Louisiana

Alabama

Florida

Minnesota

Illinois

Pennsylvania

New York

New Jersey

Arizona

California

Texas

Oklahoma

Nevada

Wyoming

Iowa

Missouri

Georgia

Utah

Colorado

Kansas

Wisconsin

By my count that's half the Union.  I might even be forgetting a few, so yes I've been out of Indiana.

131539[/snapback]

Were your eyes open when you were going through or were they clenched shut because you were afraid someone someone would assault you with water?

Oh...and "My Way" by the Chairman of the Board.

saw them open for Ozzy in 92 I think. Layne had a broken leg and was in a wheel(Angry) chair. Great show. My girlfriend has old headbangers ball on VHS with a lot of them, including the water park episode.

------------

The water park was a riot...I think it's the only time I saw Llayne laugh out loud.

Guest Guest_Joe Fergy_*
"Supper's Ready" (all twenty + minutes of it)

Genesis with Peter Gabriel

131493[/snapback]

Finally someone with great taste! I will agree with you 100%........

Guest Guest_buftex_*
You got that right? Dylan couldn't carry a note in hand bag.

Genesis pre 1980 rules!

132264[/snapback]

Puh-leese! :lol:

Finally someone with great taste! I will agree with you 100%........

132072[/snapback]

Thanks!

How about "Close to the Edge" by Yes for a close second.

"how old will I be, before I come of age...for you? I get up, I get down."

"I'm not a strong swimmer" Sean Kinney

saw them open for Ozzy in 92 I think. Layne had a broken leg and was in a wheel(Angry) chair. Great show. My girlfriend has old headbangers ball on VHS with a lot of them, including the water park episode.

------------

The water park was a riot...I think it's the only time I saw Llayne laugh out loud.

132049[/snapback]

------------

132049[/snapback]

Oh man that Water Park episode was hilarious...Jerry in Speedo's!!! Too funny... :lol:

I don't remember what interview it was but Jerry was talking about how everyone always thought they were these real serious, heavy-hearted guys because of the music...But Cantrell said it was the exact opposite, they were all a bunch of goofballs most of the time... B)

I remember when Layne broke the leg! (Angry) Chair...I like that! B)

I was who seconded "Grace" at the time. They've since done a 10-year anniversary release, expanded with B-sides and a DVD with his four music videos and a short documentary-style "Making of..." He was going to be one of the greats.

That said, there's a lot more to "Hallelujah" than you're taking from it. The man's own words:

"Whoever listens carefully to "Hallelujah" will discover that it is a song about sex, about love, about life on earth. The hallelujah is not a homage to a worshipped person, idol or god, but the hallelujah of the orgasm. It's an ode to life and love."

-- Jeff Buckley

I don't know if I should recommend reading a lot about his life and death b/c it can become an all-consuming thing and leave you with more questions than you start with. Connections to the mythical Orpheus, E.A. Poe, Rilke, etc. "Mystery White Boy" was apt, that's for sure.

JB: In Words

The FAQ section is extensive.

131816[/snapback]

Great Post!

Too true...I miss him so... B)

Hey Jeff Buckley is alread a big enough rip-off of many predecessors, don't steal James Browns' nickname (JB) too!  I miss the old days when an artist had to have a body of work to be considered a genius.  Buckley had one good album, and loads of outtakes and covers.  Nick Drakes' three albums blow him away!  Chicks dig 'em though!

131719[/snapback]

One good album? "Sketches" certainly is not bad considering most of it was recorded in the time JB was given to do 2 Songs with his new Producer...And he was already branching WAY out for a 2nd studio recording IMHO...

Remember too, JB recorded almost everything "Live" including the main vocal track...I mean, he was just getting started so we'll never really know what he was capable of...But what he did in a short time was pretty darn good...

You're 100% correct about the Chicks and Buckley...My current GF was choking back tears the 1st time I played her "Lover, You Should've Come Over..." It's no coincidence what happened after that! My best seduction tool...Jeff Buckley music! B)

One good album? "Sketches" certainly is not bad considering most of it was recorded in the time JB was given to do 2 Songs with his new Producer...And he was already branching WAY out for a 2nd studio recording IMHO...

Remember too, JB recorded almost everything "Live" including the main vocal track...I mean, he was just getting started so we'll never really know what he was capable of...But what he did in a short time was pretty darn good...

You're 100% correct about the Chicks and Buckley...My current GF was choking back tears the 1st time I played her "Lover, You Should've Come Over..." It's no coincidence what happened after that! My best seduction tool...Jeff Buckley music! B)

132505[/snapback]

That's all well and good, but the fact remains that there has only ever been, and will only ever be 1 "JB". :lol: