WTF SABRES????

Buffalo 66

Guess what? Sabres are going to lose some games. Calm down.

If AkBillsFan is going to get this bent out of shape with a Sabres team that's in first place with a rookie of the year candidate and the best goalie in the NHL, then what hope is there for the Bills? This just proves that nothing is ever good enough for some whiny sports fans.

PTR

Nice timing as they went on to not make the playoffs for 10 straight years.

And yet he's here, having joined just one month ago, with the phrase "Bills Fan" in his name, posting about the Bills, while bragging he was done with the team ten years ago. :wallbash:. Does anyone have a dictionary? Someone needs the definition of "irony".

PTR

So far this season Lindy Ruff has shown himself to be not only very good at the individual game tactical stuff, but as a great HC must be a master at the psychology of TEAM building and working with 20 or so very tough but often suprisingly fragile individual player psyches.

Sitting down Montador and Lydman after some horrid play by them and still having the team respond with a couple of tough victories after a long road trip seemed pretty masterful on his part.

However, you win the Cup one game at a time (particularly once the playoffs start and in the later part of the season when teams begin serious jockeying for spots or even to get in) It really is all about what have you done for me lately and whats the next challenge.

This loss offers Ruff several opportunities/

The team will be disappointed and questioning itself to be able to play with the league stars like Crosby (and rightly so because this team has proved nothing yet). However, if Ruff can turn their attention away from questioning themselves or feeling sorry for themselves (or worse blaming their teammates) and instead use this to teach:

A. When you get a two goal lead do not assume the game is over. Do not go into a shell and try to nurse the lead nor do not go crazy and take chances to put a fork in them but leave yourself open to odd man rushes. Just play the game that got you the two goal lead and illegitimi non carborundum.

C. Do not count on Ryan Miller to save your bacon all the time. Miller needs to stand up and save their bacon all the time but the team should not demand that he do this or count on it that he will.

If Ruff stays in their heads the right way, this unfortunate loss can end up being a big win for this team.

Disappointing loss, to be sure. But this team is very good -even without any snipers. We witnessed tonight what an advantage snipers are on a team(the OTHER team).. I hope they make a trade or 2 before the deadline toward this end. Otherwise, this fine team won't last very long in the Eastern playoffs.

JMO.

Ah, you cant with them all and the Sabres were due for a loss like that....

Do the Sabres need some more players that can score goals? Yes...

Did anyone expect them to play this well and have our youth step up like this? No...

Every game is not sunshine and players sink. Miller has got alot of work the past couple of week without a break. They will rebound.

Disappointing loss, to be sure. But this team is very good -even without any snipers. We witnessed tonight what an advantage snipers are on a team(the OTHER team).. I hope they make a trade or 2 before the deadline toward this end. Otherwise, this fine team won't last very long in the Eastern playoffs.

JMO.

And there in lies the problem with this team.. we needs a couple guys with size that are good with the puck on their stick. Too many guys (Pommer/Vanek) rely on someone else to make a play to get them into a scoring chance. Our "skilled" guys are knocked off the puck too easily.

JMO.

As a Sens fan, I look forward to the game on Wednesday.

Interesting combination...being a Sens and Bills fan. But I guess it's not unheard of...

I was born in Toronto to a family of Bills/Leafs fans but was spared the horribleness of being a Leafs fan by moving to Ottawa when I was really young.

Seriously, the Leafs suck.

As a Sens fan, I look forward to the game on Wednesday.

I don't! I have a funny feeling the Sens will be knocking on the door 3 points behind the Sabres after Wednesday's game (Sabres 2 games in-hand). :wallbash::wallbash:

I don't know what it is... But after the 2006 embarrassment that the Slugs laid on Alfie and the boys... The Sens ALWAYS get up for the Sabres... :wallbash:

Ottawa is soley built to beat the Sabres... And Ruff has to do soomething about that!

Anyway... I really like to see the Sabres come out of the 3 hole for the playoffs... I won't mind even lower in the standings... But I will start to get nervous.

I don't! I have a funny feeling the Sens will be knocking on the door 3 points behind the Sabres after Wednesday's game (Sabres 2 games in-hand). :wallbash::wallbash:

I don't know what it is... But after the 2006 embarrassment that the Slugs laid on Alfie and the boys... The Sens ALWAYS get up for the Sabres... :wallbash:

Ottawa is soley built to beat the Sabres... And Ruff has to do soomething about that!

Anyway... I really like to see the Sabres come out of the 3 hole for the playoffs... I won't mind even lower in the standings... But I will start to get nervous.

But hockey is weird in that its made up of those type of situations isn't it?

Sens seem to have the Sabres number since they humiliated the Sens in the 2006 playoffs. Up until the 2007 run, the Sabres had destroyed the Sens, particularly in the playoffs.

Sabres PWN the Leafs. The Leafs have dominated the Sens in the playoffs (fortunately, they won't get a sniff of them again until at least 2020) but in turn, the Leafs have always been thwarted by the Flyers, a team Ottawa has ceremoniously dumped numerous times.

Frankly, I think the Sens and the Sabres are the two best TEAMS in the East right now. They don't have the talent to compete with Washington, Jersey or Pittsburgh, or even Boston, but the coaches Clouston and Ruff have them playing a system game that the teams have bought into.

Needless to say Wednesday's game is going to have a playoff-like atmosphere. I'm hoping that Miller's performance against the Pens last night makes Ruff think about putting Lalime in. Sens know him all too well...

But hockey is weird in that its made up of those type of situations isn't it?

Sens seem to have the Sabres number since they humiliated the Sens in the 2006 playoffs. Up until the 2007 run, the Sabres had destroyed the Sens, particularly in the playoffs.

Sabres PWN the Leafs. The Leafs have dominated the Sens in the playoffs (fortunately, they won't get a sniff of them again until at least 2020) but in turn, the Leafs have always been thwarted by the Flyers, a team Ottawa has ceremoniously dumped numerous times.

Frankly, I think the Sens and the Sabres are the two best TEAMS in the East right now. They don't have the talent to compete with Washington, Jersey or Pittsburgh, or even Boston, but the coaches Clouston and Ruff have them playing a system game that the teams have bought into.

Needless to say Wednesday's game is going to have a playoff-like atmosphere. I'm hoping that Miller's performance against the Pens last night makes Ruff think about putting Lalime in. Sens know him all too well...

Good post... It is all about motivation, of course one has to have the talent base.

With regard to the Leafs... I think the balance my shift with the Calgary deal.

I think NJD and BOS can be sticken off your list.

I gave up on the Bills ten years ago, but have been hopin for the Sabres to help me out, I hope they have a master plan to try and win a cup, Make it happen Darcy

wait... so if you lose a few games you suck? wow... i never knew that... it makes so much sense now! all pro teams other than the 72 dolphins totally suck! and all but 3 teams in NCAA football suck too!

thank you for enlightening me!

wait... so if you lose a few games you suck? wow... i never knew that... it makes so much sense now! all pro teams other than the 72 dolphins totally suck! and all but 3 teams in NCAA football suck too!

thank you for enlightening me!

Lose a few games? The Bills have not been to the playoffs in a decade, they have lost more than they have won??? How can you compare the Bills to the 72 Dolphins??

Lose a few games? The Bills have not been to the playoffs in a decade, they have lost more than they have won??? How can you compare the Bills to the 72 Dolphins??

He's talking about the Sabres...since he quoted you talking about the Sabres....in a Bills forum nonetheless.

The Sabres should have won this game. They dominated the action after the early Pitt goal. BUT they did not cash in enough. There were a couple of empty net opportunies that just missed for the Sabres. Miller probably had his worst game of the year. He had some nice stops but he looked clueless in some of those goals. Then again, Crosby also had a couple of near misses. He came close to having five goals. Regroup and get after the Sens. Psychologically the Sabres need a win against the Sens. Too bad Kaleta won't be playing. I was expecting some revenge for that hit he took the last time the two teams met. The Kennedy goal from Grier was of the nicest looking goals that I have seen all year.

Sabres and Sens preview:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=515961