NFL Players Rate Bills

BBills14

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading in SI that the Bills were ranked slightly behind the Raiders as the worst team in the NFL to play for. This poll was taken by 300 current NFL players. Great to hear :blink:

worse than Detroit, KC or St Louis? I find that both depressing and somewhat hard to believe. Is the only thing worse than playing in Buffalo having Tom cable try to murder you?

just the least:

Oakland Raiders- 20%

Buffalo Bills- 14%

Green Bay Packers- 13%

Detroit Lions- 12%

Cleveland Browns- 7%

It didn't say the most, but that would be interesting to see.

So outside of crazy Al, it's cold weather teams, mostly without a dome that are in small markets and haven't won recently. It seems strange to see Green Bay on that list, just ever so slightly ahead of the Bills. I wonder if they were being honest in rating all aspects or where is it cold and miserable at times. I have heard time after time the praise for Bills fans and their loyalty, yet this poll doesn't seem to account for it.

So outside of crazy Al, it's cold weather teams, mostly without a dome that are in small markets and haven't won recently. It seems strange to see Green Bay on that list, just ever so slightly ahead of the Bills. I wonder if they were being honest in rating all aspects or where is it cold and miserable at times. I have heard time after time the praise for Bills fans and their loyalty, yet this poll doesn't seem to account for it.

That the Packers are on that list should tell you what's really at work in turning-off players.

That the Packers are on that list should tell you what's really at work in turning-off players.

weather weather weather

maybe with global warming, in say 50 yrs, Buffalo will be the perfect place to play football

because when it comes right down to it, when the player is being honest, they dont care about the fans at all.

or maybe not that they dont care at all, but rather there are sooo many other more important factors from a players perspective.

having great fans is a nice bonus, i guess.

weather weather weather

maybe with global warming, in say 50 yrs, Buffalo will be the perfect place to play football

and city city city

i bet franchises in big cities with great nightlives are at the top too

im guessing Miami would be much higher on the list than any of us would like to think :blink:

I guess in the end, millions are millions. It's probably nicer to spend them in San Diego than Buffalo. If you have the talent to choose where you go, you may as well go where it's comfortable. These guys won't have loyalty to a team, there have been far too many teams without loyalty to the players.

I was reading in SI that the Bills were ranked slightly behind the Raiders as the worst team in the NFL to play for. This poll was taken by 300 current NFL players. Great to hear :blink:

Great to hear by those who are no longer Bills fans, yes.

weather weather weather

If I wasn't from Buffalo and was 22 years old, Buffalo would be on the bottomo of my list too. Let's be honest here. Most athletes are looking for architecture and a good fanbase. They just want the best weather, hottest groupies, and best cities to party in. There is no surprise with this poll.

First, unless these guys who are voting Buffalo one of the worst has actually played for Buffalo, what is the point of this poll?

Second, the worst of the WNY weather comes well after any of these young guys have emptied their lockers for the off-season and moved back south or west where they are from.

First, unless these guys who are voting Buffalo one of the worst has actually played for Buffalo, what is the point of this poll?

Second, the worst of the WNY weather comes well after any of these young guys have emptied their lockers for the off-season and moved back south or west where they are from.

Most of the players that do play for the Bills don't live here either.

Not surprising, look at the past decade. Now have them interview coaching candidates and we might even beat the Raiders for the worst place to coach after going thru the past two months.

Unless Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Seattle and a few others are right behind us, you can't blame it on the weather. People on this board try to blame everything negative about the Bills on the weather, no coach wants to come here because of the weather, no free agents want to come here because of the weather. Come on Please, in the NFL two things matter to players for the most part, Money and Winning and they can't get much of either here-that is why players don't want to come here.

Exactly. On what are these players rating the Bills? As I said, if the Packers, who have been the playoffs numerous times this past decade and don't have a "doddering old fool" as an owner, can make the list, it's obvious not those two things.