alex van pelt landed a job

lightning21

I'm surprised he got a decent job this quickly. It wasn't long ago that Alex was an offensive quality control coach and he wasn't a QB coach for long. But I think it helped that he is a bright guy and he couldn't be blamed for all the offensive problems the team had last year.

This continues to dispel the notion that Bills assistant coaches, not being among the best paid in the league, are somehow inferior and that is a big reason for our problems. When coaches leave here they mostly seem to be offered good jobs elsewhere and stay on other teams staffs for a long period. But now some people are already being negative about our new assistant coaches. I say that when THEY leave here some day they will also do well getting decent jobs elsewhere.

I'm surprised he got a decent job this quickly. It wasn't long ago that Alex was an offensive quality control coach and he wasn't a QB coach for long. But I think it helped that he is a bright guy and he couldn't be blamed for all the offensive problems the team had last year.

This continues to dispel the notion that Bills assistant coaches, not being among the best paid in the league, are somehow inferior and that is a big reason for our problems. When coaches leave here they mostly seem to be offered good jobs elsewhere and stay on other teams staffs for a long period. But now some people are already being negative about our new assistant coaches. I say that when THEY leave here some day they will also do well getting decent jobs elsewhere.

+1 though I would say AVP was in over his head as a coordinator last year.

He was very handicapped by the timing of getting the job. He didn't have time to develop of put in a system of his own. He was stuck with a simplified system that was put in by someone else, and limited in what he could do by his head coaches preference of not using allot of formations.

The offence wasn't good obviously, but its tough to blame it all on him, since he really wasn't put in a great position.

So would I...and hasten to add that it had little to do with AVP as much as it did the depth of the **** he was thrown into. All things considered, he didn't do that bad a job last year.

Have a nice career Freeman. I give you 5 years tops. I like AVP but he is a terrible coach. Edwards and Losman learned nothing from him.

AVP is a former QB who didn't do much in the league. Someone who is as bad as him shouldn't be coaching.