Julius Peppers.....about to become an UFA

papazoid

i say YES !!......especially if Schoebel retires....(schoebel cap hit is around $9 mil)

Julius is a Perennial ALL-PRO

the franchise tag value on a DE is about $12.5 mil

i know, i know...he probably wouldn't want to come here......and Buddy Nix is on record saying he doesn't like the big ticket FA's........but he is a difference maker,,,,the bills should at least try. would probably take a deal in the $14-15 a year range for about 5 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-by-25-percent/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will only fill cracks (if anything) not holes in free agency. The sad thing is, we are already WAY under the cap, and if Schobel retires, that's even another 7M you can add to that. BOO this front office should we stand pat in free agency!!!!! :blink:

i say YES !!......especially if Schoebel retires....(schoebel cap hit is around $9 mil)

i know, i know...he probably wouldn't want to come here......and Buddy Nix is on record saying he doesn't like the big ticket FA's........but he is a difference maker,,,,the bills should at least try. would probably take a deal in the $14-15 a year range for about 5 years.

I doubt Raphie would pay what it is going to take to sign Peppers, especially since the more glaring needs are on offense, but it would be awesome to have him in Buffalo. Him on one side and Schobel on the other side. If I am not mistaken, because 2010 will be an uncapped year, there is no cap hit against them.

i have to agree with Nix here. too many big ticket FAs dont live up to their billing. whether its because the team or system they were in made them look better than they are, or because they take it easy after cashing in, i don't know. i just know many don't perform. you have to take a long hard look at the player and the person before taking the plunge in one of these cases.

1 question.Do you think he is worth the 16million hell be asking for?Absolutely NOT

Stroud sounded like a great idea until he got here. Peppers would probably be the same. The only UFA I might want is Richard Seymour 'cause he may want to stick it to Belicheck. NOOOOO on Peppers.

What the hell is wrong with some of the people on this board? No to Peppers (25 sacks and 10 FF's the last 2 years), no to McNabb (7000+ yds and 45 Td's/21 Ints the last 2 years)? I gotta an idea, let's go after more sh*tty players like Walker, Dockery and Triplett! These two guys have proven over the last 5-10 years that they are up at the top in their positions in the NFL but people don't want them!

"Peppers would probably do the same" Great analysis my man!

He disappears at times in games and he hasn't been as productive as he used to be. He'll be looking for a huge money deal and someone will give it to him. Quite frankly, I think our money would be better spent elsewhere. Aaron Kampman can be had for quite less and will be just as productive.

Superstars who feel they are underpaid are not worth taking a chance on. These guys are too busy thinking about their deals than doing their job. You want guys with motivation. Richard Seymour would be motivated to shove it up Bellicheat's poop chute. That's a guy I'd throw some money at.

PTR

Superstars who feel they are underpaid not worth taking a chance on. These guys are too busy thinking about their deals than doing their job. You want guys with motivation. Richard Seymour would be motivated to shove it up Bellicheat's poop chute. That's a guy I'd throw some money at.

PTR

+1

The Cowboys can't sign him, and I doubt the Redskins would pay Haynesworth AND Peppers.

Actually the Cowboys can sign him, but he'd be their only big ticket FA. The final 4 teams have major restrictions on who they can sign, while teams 5-8 have less.