per rotoworld (via ESPN)

BeastMode54

I don't want to see Mike "Pitbull" Vick in a Bills uniform. Besides being the scum of the earth, he's not an accurate QB. I'd like to see the Bills go after Troy Smith from Baltimore (not because Donte "Mr. Playoffs" Whitner suggested him). From what I've seen of him the last 2 pre-seasons, he looks good and should be given a shot to start somehwere in the NFL.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they never bring Vick here that will be the end of this proud franchise

This so called proud franchise is ridiculed as being the Raiders of the East. Out of the five decades of existence the Bills have been losers in four of them. In the one decade that this team flourished the owner fired the person responsible for its success. Let's get serious here.

My feelings about Vick playing here are not established yet. But what I can say is that he is better than any of the other qbs we currently have. Vick has paid the penalty for his ugly crimes. If anyone thinks that the Bills are composed of a cast of angels they are being naive. I certainly wouldn't give up much to get him in a trade but I wouldn't automatically dismiss getting him. When you are a bottom feeding team all options for improvement should at least be considered.

This so called proud franchise is ridiculed as being the Raiders of the East. Out of the five decades of existence the Bills have been losers in four of them. In the one decade that this team flourished the owner fired the person responsible for its success. Let's get serious here.

My feelings about Vick playing here are not established yet. But what I can say is that he is better than any of the other qbs we currently have. Vick has paid the penalty for his ugly crimes. If anyone thinks that the Bills are composed of a cast of angels they are being naive. I certainly wouldn't give up much to get him in a trade but I wouldn't automatically dismiss getting him. When you are a bottom feeding team all options for improvement should at least be considered.

This is insanity. How is Vick better? Based on what measure? His level of hype? Maybe. The guy missed two NFL seasons in jail and did jack squat as a backup in Philly but he's "better than anything we have!" :blink: Vick was never a great QB, and spending time in jail did nothing to hone his skills. Forget about the dogfighting. Vick will be a colossal flop in Buffalo because he simply isn't any good. But don't let that stop attention-starved Bills fans hoping for 15 minutes of fame on SportsCenter.

PTR

Vick has better arm strength than losman. He also better wheels and better awareness when running. Losman has a lot

better accuracy. Neither is able to read a defense.

Is that a joke? Vick does not have better arm strength than Losman. Losman has one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

This is insanity. How is Vick better? Based on what measure? His level of hype? Maybe. The guy missed two NFL seasons in jail and did jack squat as a backup in Philly but he's "better than anything we have!" :blink: Vick was never a great QB, and spending time in jail did nothing to hone his skills. Forget about the dogfighting. Vick will be a colossal flop in Buffalo because he simply isn't any good. But don't let that stop attention-starved Bills fans hoping for 15 minutes of fame on SportsCenter.

PTR

Saying that he is better than any of the qbs on our roster is not a ringing endorsement for Michael Vick. What it says is that the talent level at the qb position on our roster is very below par, to put it mildly. The point of my posting is that when your franchise is an embarrassment for almost a generation all options should be considered in getting better.

PTR

As always...what do the numbers say? If Vick isn't better than what we have now show us the numbers? I don't know myself ....but I would bet some money that it is not even close between Vick and our current guys. Look at TDs which of course include his rushing tds. I would also be really interested in seeing what his team 3rd down conversion rate is compared to our current guys. What was his record as a starting QB?

I would imagine that in most every statistical category Vick is better. Again, I haven't looked it up, but I would put a significant amount of coin on the numbers supporting Vick.

QUOTE (Jason Peters-Christ @ Jan 31 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Sure I can let it go.

I can let go being a fan of this team much easier than I can let go my moral standard that it is wrong to torture and kill animals.

word. +100

Guess you guys aren't Ozzy Osbourne fans :blink:

QUOTE (Jason Peters-Christ @ Jan 31 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Sure I can let it go.

I can let go being a fan of this team much easier than I can let go my moral standard that it is wrong to torture and kill animals.

Guess you guys aren't Ozzy Osbourne fans :blink:

I didn't know Ozzy electrocuted dogs with jumper cables, drowned them in a 5 gallon bucket, hung them by a noose, threw a family dog into a ring with pitbulls just to watch the family dog get ripped to shredds and laugh about it and fought his dogs to death.

I am not advocating for or against having Vick on the team.......

I would like to ask this and I have mixed feelings about it.....

- Michael Vick did a terrible terrible thing...........

- Michael Vick went to prison.....lost everything he had basically because of what he did and rightfully so

- His debt to society is repaid

- Does anyone here believe that a person has a right to redeem themselves after a situation like this? Or are they just forever scumbags who should have gotten the death penalty or stayed in prison so they should be rid of them.

My wifes father was a hardcore gang member in his younger days and he did unspeakable things that sent him to prison. When he got out he reformed himself and became one of the most respected church pasturs for years before he eventually retired. There is not a man on this earth I would not trust more with my family or my life then this person.

Should Vick be given another chance on life? What has his attitude been like since he has gotten out of prison?

I didn't know Ozzy electrocuted dogs with jumper cables, drowned them in a 5 gallon bucket, hung them by a noose, threw a family dog into a ring with pitbulls just to watch the family dog get ripped to shredds and laugh about it and fought his dogs to death.

Nah...he just shot 17 cats or more and bit the head of off several live animals including bats and doves.

Losman's long ball is far more accurate. In the short game, it's pretty equal (bad) - though Vick did look a little bit better the few times I saw him throw in Philly. That's not saying much given his body of work.

You do know that you are comparing Vick to a guy who is playing in the UFL now. Dogs aside, it seems ridiculous to consider bringing in Vick. He is nowhere near the QB he once was and when he was in his prime people were pretty divided on whether he was that good.

I hope they never bring Vick here that will be the end of this proud franchise

this franchise has not been "proud" for at least 10 years.

Vick can't hold a handle to the stupid decisions and cheapness used as standard operating procedure by Ralph.

Vick would actually be a positive step towards improving the product on the field