Nix Gets Nice Slam On "Whitey"....

BillsPhan

I welcome Buddy's no-nonsense approach. He reminds me of the difference between book-smart and street-smart. Book-smart (Levy, Jauron) didn't work out too well over the past four seasons. Let's see what street-smart can do.

Well put. :thumbsup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha...ok, fine. :thumbsup:

believe what you want. and don't bother apologizing to me when we keep sucking for the next three years and these guys get run out of town like every other loser ralph has hired. these were lazy "convenience" hires...and unless the definition of insanity has changed, i don't know why you'd expect any different results.

as always, i hope i am wrong. i'd love it if i could go back to not being embarrassed by this franchise.

Dont think I was planning on apologizing to you, sorry for the dissapointment. Enjoy your glass is half empty cool aid. I will be remaining optimistic and give the guy a chance. I am not so sure being bitter all the time like you appear to be is much fun. And i certainly dont understand people on here, they B word when we dont have a football guy running things and they B word when we do. To me that is "insanity".

People didn't like Brandon because he was marketing guy, not a football guy. We get a football guy and the same people don't like him because he is not a marketing guy.

Nix probably doesn't give two dick shakes about Gregg Williams. He is a guy that deals with a "body of work" that pertains to players and coaches alike.

To say that he is a crass, classless individual is laughable. He has a southern accent. He is 70 years old, and nobody tells him how to party. This guy is not an idiot. Is he classless because he put the pants on Sully? This guy has a mess of a franchise to rebuild. I am sure he knows what the media says about the Bills and about him, and was sure how the Gailey hire would go over, and he is not going to play grab-ass with that negative !@#$ Sully...good for him.

Time will tell.

So is Williams. In another Superbowl.

He's a great defensive coordinator who had an unsuccessful stint as our head coach. How exactly was it a bad decision to hire him? Sean Payton liked him enough that he took a pay cut to get Williams in, and is now going to the Superbowl. That should say something about the guy, no?

As a head coach? No.

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/938892.html

Buddy Nix defended his hiring of Chan in the excellent article above. As he was doing so, he made an awesome backhanded insult that fit Tom Donahoe's hiring of Greggggggg Williams perfectly. He said:

"A guy who hires off of interviews is going to get himself in big trouble," Nix said. "There are some guys who interview well. Check their history. That tells you what you need to know."

Who can forget Donahoe raving about the interview Williams' gave back then? It was so long ago, I don't even remember the better qualified "hot" coaches out there we all hoped Whitey would bring in. I do remember that none of us were "rooting for" Gregg freakin' Williams. I am really starting to like Buddy. I think he's a hell of a lot smarter then he makes himself sound. It would not surprise me if he was intentionally slamming Williams and Donahoe, based on Gregggg shooting his cocky arrogant mouth off about "freezing Buffalo" these days!

Talk is cheap. Show me some wins. I do hope he drafts well.

:thumbsup:

This is going to help the Bills improve...how?

Let the past go already, this is childish. I'm not sure how Nix acting like a middle school girl benefits this team.

Huh. That's not the perception I got.

Sounded more like Bill Polian and A.J. Smith than anything girlish...

This

Of course both Nix and Gailey have to prove it on the field.....but dammit I really like this attitude.

If you are going to take cheap shots at our team and city.....be ready for the return fire.

I am behind you all the way Buddy.

I too am sick and tired of people talking crap about us. I know some of it is well deserved but its gone way too overboard. The Detroit Lions don't get hammered like we do and they've sucked FOREVER. I'm glad we FINALLY have a leader who won't take any BS from anyone and hopefully will bring a culture of toughness and swagger (A La Rex Ryan) that this team has been sorely lacking for quite some time. For now I will reserve judgement on this new regime until the first month of the season is completed. We must give them a chance Bills Nation, maybe this is THE ONE, you never know.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...ws_1s30nix.html

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...s1chargers.html

Sounds like there could have been friction, and Smith very well could have told him, "if you want to leave, I'll help you pack." But in both these stories, Acee sounded pretty certain that Nix was the one who made the phone call.

And again, the person I talked to in their front office said, "we all LOVE Buddy and everyone here is so happy for him." Take that however you will ...

i don't think sullivan would just throw that out there if he wasn't confident in his source. do you?

I am all in for NIX good players MAKE Hall of Fame coaches... Nix is a top 5 evaluator of talent, street smart and no non sense type of guy, he is POLIAN LIGHT Lets get ready for some football...

WHOA... let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Polian Light? I'll reserve judgment after the draft and FA signings.

Few GMs can be compared to Polian...

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...ws_1s30nix.html

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...s1chargers.html

Sounds like there could have been friction, and Smith very well could have told him, "if you want to leave, I'll help you pack." But in both these stories, Acee sounded pretty certain that Nix was the one who made the phone call.

And again, the person I talked to in their front office said, "we all LOVE Buddy and everyone here is so happy for him." Take that however you will ...

I personally dont care how it happened.....to me the bottom line is we got a very good football man that otherwise would not be available.....and then either threw a shrewed move/or a cheap move depending on how you look at it we were able to make him our GM a year later.

Somtimes the sun even shines on a doggs @ss you now...:thumbsup:

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/938892.html

Buddy Nix defended his hiring of Chan in the excellent article above. As he was doing so, he made an awesome backhanded insult that fit Tom Donahoe's hiring of Greggggggg Williams perfectly. He said:

"A guy who hires off of interviews is going to get himself in big trouble," Nix said. "There are some guys who interview well. Check their history. That tells you what you need to know."

Who can forget Donahoe raving about the interview Williams' gave back then? It was so long ago, I don't even remember the better qualified "hot" coaches out there we all hoped Whitey would bring in. I do remember that none of us were "rooting for" Gregg freakin' Williams. I am really starting to like Buddy. I think he's a hell of a lot smarter then he makes himself sound. It would not surprise me if he was intentionally slamming Williams and Donahoe, based on Gregggg shooting his cocky arrogant mouth off about "freezing Buffalo" these days!

I associate the hiring of Gregg Williams as the start of the decline of the Biulls.

He was, and still is, a very smug SOB. He bragged about his #1 defense in Tennessee that still never won anything. He, with the help of TD, dismantled our team and changed the image for the worse. The TD era was a disaster and Greggo is a big part of that. He was a very poor HC. Worse than Jauron in my opinion.

I seriously hope that Manning rips Greggo's Defense to shreds.

i don't think sullivan would just throw that out there if he wasn't confident in his source. do you?

Likewise, I don't think Acee would have written what he did if he wasn't confident in his.

Just like I pointed out WRT Schottenheimer, where Graham's version has since been backed up by both Wawrow and Gaughan, there are (at least) two sides to every story.

I too think Buddy is a breath of fresh air in many respects, but the bottom line for Buddy and the front office is spotting and bringing in talented players. The front office has been a failure the last nine years & if buddy can turn it around with talent laden drafts and shrewd free agent sigings we will move forward. If not, we will still stumble behind Pats jets fins

I think there is a lot more talent on this team than anyone thinks. A good coaching staff (I.E. anyone other than Jauron's) should be able to put all of that talent to use.

Yes.

I think there is a lot more talent on this team than anyone thinks. A good coaching staff (I.E. anyone other than Jauron's) should be able to put all of that talent to use.

Yes.

We have some talent at the skill positions, but where we lack is our linebacking corps and in the trenches. With out that your pretty screwed. Hopefully we get it fixed.

Where did you come up with this nugget of "net wizdem"?

Well, the GM has got to be more of a wheeler-dealer, literally making trade deals, being a salesman somewhat, traveling all over the country scouting, talking to players, coaches, other managers. The coach just has a job to do and the players have a job to do. Their jobs are fairly well defined. The GM, on the other hand, has a job that spans multiple disciplines. Your GM really does have to have some street smarts to build an effective organization.

For a guy who has done nothing, he shoots off at the mouth an awful lot. Funny, because you just don't hear G.M.'s talk as much sh*t as he does unless it's Al Davis. He's got some Lil Donte in him that I am not a fan of at all.

id say being partly responsible for drafting 20+ probowlers in SD qualifies as doing something. but hey, maybe i'm splitting hairs...