Justice Dept To Look At Trying KSM Outside of NY

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm isn't there less traffic now? :D

Contrary to popular belief, most financial firms are in midtown for the better cachet. Only Goldman & Deutschebank have majority of their ops downtown. Citi is in a remote location ready to fall into the Hudson.

What's up with NYers? You'd think they'd want to try this piece of shizz in NYC.

Fort Drum is available.

They should do it up there.

It'd be a great stimulus to the local economy.

2,000 reporters from around the world camped out for two or three years will pump a lot of cash into the hotel/motel/fastfood/7-11 sector.

Then Holder can release them on the roadside of Route 3 when they're acquitted of all charges and let them begin making their way back to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc. etc.

Fort Drum is available.

They should do it up there.

It'd be a great stimulus to the local economy.

2,000 reporters from around the world camped out for two or three years will pump a lot of cash into the hotel/motel/fastfood/7-11 sector.

Then Holder can release them on the roadside of Route 3 when they're acquitted of all charges and let them begin making their way back to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc. etc.

There is no way KSM walks free. I will bet on that.

What else?

The fact they may get off? Won't happen.

Anti American rhetoric? Please we get that daily in our newspapers.

Give me something substantial.

Ok, other than the cost which is approximated to be roughly around $200 Million a year, the main factor, which I've said all along is that this would be a tremendous opportunity for KSM and Al Qaeda for recruiting. KSM acknowledged the fact before even Holder made the stupid decision to try him in a civilian court that he would have the opportunity to defend himself in the American court system.

If anyone here doesn't believe that KSM wouldn't use the "I was tortured, waterboarded" Shtick, is naive to say the least the least. This case would be a great platform for Al Qaeda and how he was tortured. Remember this trial will go on for 2 to 3 years and all the muslim news networks and media will be covering this. Do you think there is a chance that there will be some biased journalism in their favor in the Middle East? Do you believe that there will be some sympathizers?

This would turn into a circus, and would enrage factions of the muslim community.

Terrible idea. I'm glad that people are rebuking Holders suggestion. That guy has been horrible.

Ok, other than the cost which is approximated to be roughly around $200 Million a year, the main factor, which I've said all along is that this would be a tremendous opportunity for KSM and Al Qaeda for recruiting. KSM acknowledged the fact before even Holder made the stupid decision to try him in a civilian court that he would have the opportunity to defend himself in the American court system.

If anyone here doesn't believe that KSM wouldn't use the "I was tortured, waterboarded" Shtick, is naive to say the least the least. This case would be a great platform for Al Qaeda and how he was tortured. Remember this trial will go on for 2 to 3 years and all the muslim news networks and media will be covering this. Do you think there is a chance that there will be some biased journalism in their favor in the Middle East? Do you believe that there will be some sympathizers?

This would turn into a circus, and would enrage factions of the muslim community.

Terrible idea. I'm glad that people are rebuking Holders suggestion. That guy has been horrible.

200 million? Seriously? I may change my tune. Oh wait I wanted closed trials, no way it costs that much. Horrible decision....maybe.

Yeah muslims will be really upset with us over holding a public trial vs secret trials where we execute them at the end. You got nothing.

200 million? Seriously? I may change my tune. Oh wait I wanted closed trials, no way it costs that much. Horrible decision....maybe.

Yeah muslims will be really upset with us over holding a public trial vs secret trials where we execute them at the end. You got nothing.

You got to be kidding me. If you don't believe that what could be the most public terrorist trial in history that would drag on over a few years regarding torture etc. wouldn't be worse than a closed door trial, then you're delusional my friend.

Out of sight out of mind. If you can't see, and it's not in the news then you don't talk about it that often. If it's covered heavily, which you know it will, then you talk about. Sorry, you lose.

Oh and about the $200 Million a year. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/...l-82149647.html

Bloomberg put the cost at $216 million for the first year after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other suspects arrive in Manhattan from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. After that, the mayor said it would cost $200 million annually for as long as the men are detained in the city — mainly overtime for extra New York Police Department patrols.

:beer:

There is no way KSM walks free. I will bet on that.

You seriously doubt that possibility? You think the American Jurisprudence system is rigged?

You can't conceive of a technicality that has them walking free at the end of the spectacle of the century?

You did see the OJ Simpson trial - didn't you?

What's up with NYers? You'd think they'd want to try this piece of shizz in NYC.

1) The whole city is going to be on lockdown, unless you live in NYC you don't know what a headache that is for people and businesses.

2) $1 billion cost

3) Emotionally the folks that were down there on 9-11 (and families of the victims) don't want them anywhere near ground zero, its a cemetery for many and brings up too many painful memories.

You got to be kidding me. If you don't believe that what could be the most public terrorist trial in history that would drag on over a few years regarding torture etc. wouldn't be worse than a closed door trial, then you're delusional my friend.

Out of sight out of mind. If you can't see, and it's not in the news then you don't talk about it that often. If it's covered heavily, which you know it will, then you talk about. Sorry, you lose.

Oh and about the $200 Million a year. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/...l-82149647.html

:censored:

Again, 200 million a year brings nothing but a yawn in today's climate. We spend billions on lame **** that does nothing. A closed door trial with the transcripts online is far more preferable to a military tribunal. In a military tribunal, they are just judged and executed (in all likelihood). That will impact our troops. Muslims will think the guy(s) never got a fair shake. In a public trial, I grant you they will get to condemn us. We aren't that far apart on this issue.

You seriously doubt that possibility? You think the American Jurisprudence system is rigged?

You can't conceive of a technicality that has them walking free at the end of the spectacle of the century?

You did see the OJ Simpson trial - didn't you?

Sig or cash, your choice.

It isn't rigged, the simple fact is KSM is guilty and there is no way in hell he gets off.

Again, 200 million a year brings nothing but a yawn in today's climate. We spend billions on lame **** that does nothing. A closed door trial with the transcripts online is far more preferable to a military tribunal. In a military tribunal, they are just judged and executed (in all likelihood). That will impact our troops. Muslims will think the guy(s) never got a fair shake. In a public trial, I grant you they will get to condemn us. We aren't that far apart on this issue.

Sig or cash, your choice.

It isn't rigged, the simple fact is KSM is guilty and there is no way in hell he gets off.

They got their fair shake when they where captured alive. More than they deserved.

Again, 200 million a year brings nothing but a yawn in today's climate. We spend billions on lame **** that does nothing.

With this line of thinking it is no wonder why we are in the fiscal mess we are in today. Also, the burden is on the state/city not at the federal level.