Butch Davis Walking The Plank In Cleveland

Mark VI

Look for the guy from Utah to take the Florida job.

130290[/snapback]

Urban Meyer. The problem is he has never been in the SEC, even as an Asst. Coach. No contacts or ins on recruiting. May happen but I see Bobby Petrino of Louisville a more likely candidate. He has 23 Florida players on his roster and knows where to recruit. Obviously, Davis, the ex-Miami coach, knows Florida. Miami folks would flip if he went to Gator country.

Urban Meyer. The problem is he has never been in the SEC, even as an Asst. Coach.  No contacts or ins on recruiting. May happen but I see Bobby Petrino of Louisville a more likely candidate. He has 23 Florida players on his roster and knows where to recruit.  Obviously, Davis, the ex-Miami coach, knows Florida. Miami folks would flip if he went to Gator country.

130298[/snapback]

With Mike Sanford, his offensive coordinator, interviewing for the head coaching position at UNLV, I'm just not sure that Meyer will leave the Utes high and dry, if Sanford does leave, that is. If they both were to leave, that would be rough for Utah.

On one of the pregame shows word has it he will bring in Pioli (sp) from NE to be pres/GM.  Pioli will alledgedly bring in Kirk Ferentz to be HC.

130350[/snapback]

There's all kinds of rumors surrounding Pioli. He's supposedly the top candidate to become the head man in Cleveland if Davis is gone or if Davis' front office responsibilities are taken from him.

There's all kinds of rumors surrounding Pioli.  He's supposedly the top candidate to become the head man in Cleveland if Davis is gone or if Davis' front office responsibilities are taken from him.

130356[/snapback]

Man Cleveland does have some talent. If Pioli got a hold of them and he got a decent coach...

I live in Boston and the word here is that NOOOOOO way do the Pats let Pioli go. The Pats have him under contract for a few more years. They could easily elevate him to co-GM status for the Pats as well. If they do let him go they would be asking for huge compensation--like next two number one picks and then some. At least this is the word in beantown. They were speculating that he would go to Miami as well--doubt it!

It's about time they got rid of Davis. The guy got exactly what he wished for: consolidated all power in the organization in himself, ran any possible dissenters out of town and made all the decisions concerning the Cleveland Browns.

And then he proceeded to run the team right into the ground. He has no one tro blame but himself.

On one of the pregame shows word has it he will bring in Pioli (sp) from NE to be pres/GM.  Pioli will alledgedly bring in Kirk Ferentz to be HC.

130350[/snapback]

I thought Ferentz just signed a long-term extension at Iowa.

I live in Boston and the word here is that NOOOOOO way do the Pats let Pioli go. The Pats have him under contract for a few more years. They could easily elevate him to co-GM status for the Pats as well. If they do let him go they would be asking for huge compensation--like next two number one picks and then some. At least this is the word in beantown. They were speculating that he would go to Miami as well--doubt it!

But would they match a President/GM title for Pioli like Cleveland may offer? Thats a tough one to match.

The TV stations here in Cleveland were all over this last night.

First, they were reporting Butch was out.

Then, he was in.

Then, he was out again.

Then, he was in.

Then, Butch was negotiating a buyout and would be gone by midnight last night.

Then, Butch was in for the rest of the year.

Sideshow reporting at its best. No wonder people view the media with a jaundiced eye.

Mike